ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/XB360/PS3] The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

53 Clio's & counting
Little tip, if your follower gets full up with items and you want them to still carry more, drop the item on the floor then instruct them to pick it up by asking them to do something for you and selecting the item by clicking on it and they will pick it up

Thief Guild master armour? Dick...utter dick, how long did it take you to do that? Seeing as I started playing this before you :(. Ok granted not had a lot of time to play it lately but I've been doing missions left right and centre for Vex and that bald c**t...

Arse feck

Took me about 10 minutes.

Or several days.

Ibiswhite Audi S3 8P
I made a list at the end to see which type of jobs were still missing in what town. The "completed quests" menu helped me to verify which one i had already done etc.

At that point I only needed to complete 2 more jobs, but in the end it took me about 20 attempts to get the specific jobs that I needed. I always had to start the job, look where it would take me and then cancel it again. So without a list you could loose so much time with that.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I made a list at the end to see which type of jobs were still missing in what town. The "completed quests" menu helped me to verify which one i had already done etc.

At that point I only needed to complete 2 more jobs, but in the end it took me about 20 attempts to get the specific jobs that I needed. I always had to start the job, look where it would take me and then cancel it again. So without a list you could loose so much time with that.

I did this but its only a case of remembering where the special jobs have been completed. There's only 4 locations for them. I too had to accept jobs and then refuse them when I found out they weren't in the hold I needed. I have about 20 or so failed quests but got the job done in the end.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Choose a faction to go down and complete the quests associated with it.

I was just messing about doing miscellaneous quests the other day before I got back on the Main Quest path. I then decided to fully complete the Thieves Guild and then join the Stormcloaks. I've now done all that and have since finished all the Daedric quests and will try and find all the dragon priest masks now before - finally - going back to continue Alduin's Wall. I've been doing all the above with 3 followers (Marcurio, Delphine and Esbern) as well as Shadowmere the horse. Also done a few misc objectives along the way.

172 hours in. Level 51 now.

Definitely the best single player game I've played.

Lol at 172 hours. I don't even have a job and couldn't manage that. I'm 80+ hours and level 36.

Sadly, I will now have to give it up. I won't be able to play it again for several weeks. Possibly months.

Diesel Barge
Whos the best follower, got lydia atm, she's alright, but keeps getting herself killed everynow and again. I'm guessing there are more powerful people that you can ask to follow you?

53 Clio's & counting
He's had his hands cut off for stealing from the Thieves Guild.

Lol!

I wandered into a cave full of those little blind urchin people - walked into the main bit of the cave, and there must have been 15 or so of them - Daedric lord took a few out, and I got them all in the end but was a bit hit and miss for a second there.

Oh, went back up the greybeards steps and severly fucked that snow troll up - revenge served cold and all that.

Now level 34, Vain(sp?!) of Riften, and bought that house there - I was hoping for at least a fence around the garden :(

AK

M240i
That Snow troll kicked my arse when I tried to start missions at the Greybeards.

I'll be back, lol

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Two dragon priest masks to get. 1 is part of the main quest and the other is once the other 8 are collected.

Also, so much for Shadowmere being immortal. Came out of a cave earlier and he was lying dead. A frost troll had proper f*cked him over. Meh. Didn't use him much anyway.

I have 6 Achievements left to get - 4 are part of the main quest, 1 is get a bounty of 1k in all 9 holds and the other is learn 20 shouts. I currently have 16.

53 Clio's & counting
Two dragon priest masks to get. 1 is part of the main quest and the other is once the other 8 are collected.

Also, so much for Shadowmere being immortal. Came out of a cave earlier and he was lying dead. A frost troll had proper f*cked him over. Meh. Didn't use him much anyway.

I have 6 Achievements left to get - 4 are part of the main quest, 1 is get a bounty of 1k in all 9 holds and the other is learn 20 shouts. I currently have 16.

Was going to say this, read earlier that it's not immortal - much stronger than normal horses, but still deadable. (new word)

I still need tips of that dragon priest - can't remember where, but on a mountain, fook a dragon over and the coffin is to the left of the dragon wall in the snow - I literally can't do anything to him - whats the best way, physical force ie a weapon, or magic - ie fire/sparks or a scroll of some kind?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
That's Krosis, arguably the toughest of them all.

I had Lydia with me and I used Sanguine's Rose staff on him a few times. You can actually use unrelenting force shout to knock him off the side of the mountain too. Try and get rid of the dragon first of course. But yeah, followers help. You could just leave him until you're powerful enough to take him on.

53 Clio's & counting
Hmmm, bloody typical for me to find him first lol.

Cheers dude, iv gone up about 8 levels since then, so il give it another go tomorrow - i might foos him off then run down behind him and loot him lol.

The dragon ironically was piss easy to take down, the problem i have is is im a caveman 'hit the f**k outta s**t' type, so that priest dude not keeping still and flying about all over the shop doesn't help, I also have a staff of firebolts now which is pretty handy, I usually use it to hit dragons when they are flying (it's great to hit the wings, few shots and they are grounded, in fact I killed one on top of the walls of the magic collage, funny place to see a dragon skeleton, hanging off the top there, but I digress) so that should help, along with my daidric lord bloke and if i get a follower too i might stand a chance.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah, he was the first one I met, too. I killed him first time but like I say it took ages. Lydia was knocked to her knees about 5 times and he killed 3 or 4 of my Dremora's that I summoned with Sanguine's Rose. I was just running around firing arrows at him.

The bow is awesome in that respect. If you up your archery and sneak skills and take the perks in those trees, you're pretty much sorted. I can sneak around in dungeons or even the outdoors and fire one arrow to kill most things. Dragon Priests can be taken down in 2 - 3 if you're quick enough and they don't spot you. Add to that the Slow Time shout and you're a winner. They can't do a thing in slow motion while you have more time to get things done.

53 Clio's & counting
Anyone know if followers are added to the game? Iv seen the list of followers on wiki page, an it got me thinking, as they can be killed, does that mean once you have been through all of them, and they accidentally get killed through one reason or another, then you don't get any more followers?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Nope. You can resurrect them on PC using the console, but not on console versions.

How confusing is that? ;)

Don't know how anyone can abide using followers - They just get in your way constantly. I've never used one unless it was essential to the quest. Whenever someone has rolled with me they have always just ended up with a load of arrows in the back of the head. Quite how Scutch manages with 3 of the c***s getting under his feet all the time I have no idea.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah they can be very annoying just standing in doorways looking at me as I'm trying to jump over their heads or push them out of the way. Especially Delphine and Esbern as you can't even tell them what to do. Delphine is more frustrating as if you pickpocket someone or break in to a building she'll attack you, causing Marcurio to start a fight with her. I've literally had to tell her and Esbern to wait around a corner sometimes when I want to get something done without alerting others. Won't have them for much longer though as I'm getting back on the main quest later.

53 Clio's & counting
Went back up the mountain with marcusio(sp?) , the chap you find in the Bee and Barb in Riften - that Dragon Priest lasted about 20 seconds, with me using staff of firebolts, saguine rose, and marcusio doing his magic s**t - literally tole that bloke a new asshole, so I now have my first dragon mask :)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Went back up the mountain with marcusio(sp?) , the chap you find in the Bee and Barb in Riften - that Dragon Priest lasted about 20 seconds, with me using staff of firebolts, saguine rose, and marcusio doing his magic s**t - literally tole that bloke a new asshole, so I now have my first dragon mask :)

I wore that for ages. Even got married in it. LOL. Until I got the Ancient Shrowed Armour in fact, and I swapped Krosis for the cowl (35% bow damage increase).

53 Clio's & counting
Lol @ married in it - I was married in my armour and Dwarven helmet of waterbreathing lol. In fact, I tend to stay in that helmet, quite handy. Oh, my breastplate is now armour rated at 198,plus with my hemlet at 50-something, boots at 50 something, and gauntlets at 40-something -not too bad but need to work more on that, im not in the 90's in smithing, level 35

I rolled in the Krosis mask for a loooong time. Basically until I hit 90+ enchantment skill and could enchant my dragon scale helmet to a higher standard.

The enchantment skill is damned handy actually. It's enabled me to make a complete suite of smithing items to wear when doing my smithery which, along with my 100 smithing skill, the notched pickaxe and all the perks mean I can smith stuff to a ridiculous standard. I thought once you hit legendary status that was it. It seems not - It was already legendary and it let me improve it again.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I can't seem to smith my Daedric bow any better than I have it currently.

It's at Legendary status, has 28 points of fire damange enchantment and 223 stock damage, IIRC.

My Smithing is at 100, my Enchanting 90 and I have most of the associated perks with both skills. If I wear smithing gear to improve my % even though I'm already at 100/100, should that still improve the item? It doesn't seem to.

I also have the relevant misc items such as the ingots and Daedric hearts (got 8 of those).

If I wear smithing gear to improve my % even though I'm already at 100/100, should that still improve the item? It doesn't seem to.

It should do. My stuff was at Legendary status after I'd smithed it (was already at 100). I then went back in there with an amulet, ring, gloves and armour all adding 30% each (or whatever it is) along with the notched pickaxe and it let me "re-smith" all my legendary gear including my bow. I can't remember how much it added to the damage but it was considerable. I'll take a look tonight what my bow hits for.

You just need ebony ingots to improve the daedric gear. The hearts are just for creating it. I was struggling like fook for daedra hearts at first. I had one (which I used to make my bow) and couldn't find any others anywhere. Then I did that Mehrunes Razor mission and managed to "harvest" a few. Got em to spare now!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It should do. My stuff was at Legendary status after I'd smithed it (was already at 100). I then went back in there with an amulet, ring, gloves and armour all adding 30% each (or whatever it is) along with the notched pickaxe and it let me "re-smith" all my legendary gear including my bow. I can't remember how much it added to the damage but it was considerable. I'll take a look tonight what my bow hits for.

You just need ebony ingots to improve the daedric gear. The hearts are just for creating it. I was struggling like fook for daedra hearts at first. I had one (which I used to make my bow) and couldn't find any others anywhere. Then I did that Mehrunes Razor mission and managed to "harvest" a few. Got em to spare now!

I don't have this "notched pickaxe". Maybe that would help.