ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/XB360/PS3] The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I've decided I hate any quest (and thus won't bother with them) that involves mages

I hate f**king mages

Tonight I'm going to try and craft some daedric armourz

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
I've decided I hate any quest (and thus won't bother with them) that involves mages

I hate f**king mages

Tonight I'm going to try and craft some daedric armourz

Lol I'm a pure mage, 320 magika and 100 health haha

That quest to get the staff where it keeps draining your magika was very, very hard...

Nissan 350z
The soul gem needs to be filled with a soul, and the bigger the gem+soul the more charges it will refill your weapon with.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Cookie, it sounds like you need to re-think your game play tactics/character stats if you're that weak again mages.

For example, I'm very weak against two handed weapon people, so to counter act that, I've got my conjuring ability right up and now just conjure something for them to batter whilst I bow and arrow/spell they're ass.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Cookie, it sounds like you need to re-think your game play tactics/character stats if you're that weak again mages.

For example, I'm very weak against two handed weapon people, so to counter act that, I've got my conjuring ability right up and now just conjure something for them to batter whilst I bow and arrow/spell they're ass.

I'm weak against fire, that's all really

The other mages I s**t em. Need to find some perks that up my fire resistance, or have some of my armor with fire resists

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Yeah fire resist/magic resist on a shield would sort you out.

You're weak against fire because it's pure damage as opposed to being concerned with draining stamina/magicka like thunder/ice

Mages will always f**k you up. You just gotta make sure you kill them first.

I use a bit of sneakery to get in there, identify the mages and drop them from afar with arrows. I can then switch to my mace/shield and give the others a hiding. The Dragon Priests can cause me problems though cos they float about all over the place making it damned hard work hitting them with arrows. If I don't get that first sneak x3 attack in then it can get close sometimes.

I've got the chance to paralyze perk now which is mildly amusing. They just go completely rigid and slowly topple over in whatever position they were in. Reminds of that fainting goats video.

TT 225+
I want to start the dark brotherhood quests, but I have so much other stuff to get done! Think I will have to make an effort to actually do some rather than walking around, killing anyone I see and looting their corpses.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
One thing about the Dark Brotherhood quests is there's a lot of travelling back and forth.

It's all good, I guess, but can get a bit annoying.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Also, I know I've mentioned this before, but the Steed Stone is very handy. It not only adds 100 to your carrying capacity, but it also makes any armour you're wearing weightless. So you could be rocking with full Daedric or Dragon armour and it's weight is set to 0.

Might have to hunt that Steed Stone down. I've found a couple of standing stones but the s**t they give you isn't right good. I seem to struggle with carrying stuff cos my stamina is quite low - I've loaded my guy up massively on health. Mind you, I don't really need the cash - I have about 40k and not much to spend it on. It's rare that I find anything better than what I can make myself.

I use the UESP wiki myself - Seems to have everything I need.

Yeah the stones are permanent but you can only have 1 at a time. The blessings (from altars) are for a day or so. Again you can have only 1. I like my Talos blessing so I can use my FOOS more often.

There are a few permanent ones you can get too. I have a couple that I've gotten through various missions. One enables me to beat the crap out of women (damage bonus versus members of the opposite sex) and one that enabled me to learn smithing a lot faster.

Octy VRS
First I've heard of those stones etc. I need to read the manual a bit more, will be hunting them out.

The trouble I'm having now is that cos the gear I'm bringing back is so expensive none of the traders have enough money to buy it off me. The only way I can see of shifting it all is travelling all over the place to visit all the thieves guild fences. I know there are some speechcraft perks which increase trader gold but sod spending my precious perks on that - I'm still working on making myself a badass.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Each Thieves' Guild fence carries 4k Gold once you're up to the retired level and you've taken the right perks.

Goliath I
Just had my first follower, but he didnt last long though.

Within the first 5 minutes I had to save his sorry ass from a big grizzly, he then heroically made the supreme sacrifice to a dragon... after I paralizyed him and ran

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Full daedric armor and a dragon priest's mask ftw

Have crafted it to be legendary too now, just need to get some decent enchantments

Also got past the bit with the ridiculous hard mage. I used a mage bodyguard, which worked to some extent, and then I decided to dual lightning him... that worked well :D

Parky14

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone else suffered from the bug/glitch after the third quest 'Loud and Clear' as part of the Theives Guild? Once it comes up that you have completed 'Loud and Clear' it does not then prompt a starter for the following mission 'Dampened Spirits'. Therefore, I am unable to continue with any of the Theives Guild quests which is very disappointing as it is one of the last series of quests I have left to complete.

Two explanations are given online. The first states that when speaking to Brynjolf at the end of 'Loud and Clear' if you pick one of the two options during the conversation as opposed to the other, it will not prompt the start of the 'Dampened Spirits' quest. The second explanation is that once you have been told to speak to Maven Black-Briar shortly after being given the quest, the quest will bug out and you will not be able to continue with the Thieves' Guild quest line.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Last edited: