ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/Xbox360/PS3] Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Official Thread

1.8 Civic EX
anyone else struggling online with this on the 360? I'm still only getting in rooms with literally just 6 people (3 a side) been like this since the map pack came out. Annoying me now....

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
anyone else struggling online with this on the 360? I'm still only getting in rooms with literally just 6 people (3 a side) been like this since the map pack came out. Annoying me now....

Bit of a obvious pointer, but do you have a certain set of game search filters enabled? I used to select either Arica Harbour or Port Valdez for the most part, but since the new maps have arrived, I've only seen the occasional server supporting them.

On the PC version too (retail, not Steam) you have to manually download the latest patch and apply it. As the servers automatically are up to date, the player client side can be one step behind and thus not able to connect to the majority of servers. Not sure how it works on the consoles though? :)

D.

1.8 Civic EX
Bit of a obvious pointer, but do you have a certain set of game search filters enabled? I used to select either Arica Harbour or Port Valdez for the most part, but since the new maps have arrived, I've only seen the occasional server supporting them.

On the PC version too (retail, not Steam) you have to manually download the latest patch and apply it. As the servers automatically are up to date, the player client side can be one step behind and thus not able to connect to the majority of servers. Not sure how it works on the consoles though? :)

D.

Worked it out now thanks Darren. I had the Map set to "Any". Turns out all the muppets on there are only playing the new maps. So as all the new maps are full with players I'm landing in all the old maps. People playing the old maps hang around for a few minutes, realise there is hardley anyone on the map so leave, leaving even less.

I changed the search to Oasis and there were loads of people lol

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Well that's a bit of a f*cker. What if you want to play the old maps? I'd have thought there were enough people on this game so every map was catered for with many folk playing.

1.8 Civic EX
Tell me about it. I kinda like the new maps now after playing them for a bit but I still like the old ones too. Frustrating tbh, full game on Oasis then the map changed to White Pass and 90% of players left the game.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Well that's a bit of a f*cker. What if you want to play the old maps? I'd have thought there were enough people on this game so every map was catered for with many folk playing.

Tell me about it. I kinda like the new maps now after playing them for a bit but I still like the old ones too. Frustrating tbh, full game on Oasis then the map changed to White Pass and 90% of players left the game.

That's the double-edged sword with big game updates unfortunately. People flock to the newest addition and ignore the stuff that made the game great in the first place. As said, Port Valdez is one of my favourites and that's pretty much been abandoned now unfortunately. :(

When people desert an online game in droves simply due to an old map, I do think that is a shame. It's good to mix things up. And while I like learning the new maps, I also like it switching back to some of the 'ol faves and slotting back into that 'comfort zone'.

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I really want to be impressed with BC2 Vietnam. But I just keep getting horrible, horrible flash-backs of Battlefield Vietnam.

I'll still buy it because at under a tenner, it would be stupid not too. If however, it was full price, I think I'd hang on a while until the price dropped.

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I really want to be impressed with BC2 Vietnam. But I just keep getting horrible, horrible flash-backs of Battlefield Vietnam.

I'll still buy it because at under a tenner, it would be stupid not too. If however, it was full price, I think I'd hang on a while until the price dropped.

D.

It's getting great reviews, mate.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Even if it was exactly the same as BC2 but a Nam skin it would be sick, and it appears from reviews they've changed it just right so I wouldn't worry.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I actually love this game. Just seems better than MW2, just I might add and a million times better than cartoon Black ops!

I've been 1/2 every game since I started back! :)

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
GOOD LAD!

With all the new maps and Nam too its gonna be HUGE, shouldn't get boring, i just know i'm gonna be s**t though when i come back for a while

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Just had about 45mins on BC2 Vietnam - I'd say 6/10 on first impressions.

The weapons seem very, very accurate - my accuracy is easily double that of standard BC2 weapons. Obviously suffering from a complete lack of map knowledge, but that will come in time. Some maps have definitive choke points which are very difficult to get past attacking and easy to keep secure as the defenders.

Rush defenders have it the toughest. Pretty much ALL scenery can be shot through and blown up, so a ram-shack hut with an MCOM station in it provides zero cover for defenders and/or people trying to disarm it.

Of the maps I've played, the Yanks have a BIG advantage in terms of vehicles, etc. The heli-gunners are easy to take out, so there's a counter there - but good flyers really do kick ass on this.

And, pick the PPSh Russian made SMG. In all previous FPS games, this gun couldn't hit a barn door more than 20ft away, yet sprayed the target area with lead. In BC2 Vietnam, it's the new M416 imo. Definitely worth using.

D.

182 Turbo Project
Do we know what time this will be available to download for xbox tomorrow? Oh and how much it's going to cost?

Octy VRS
Not sure but it's an add on so would have thought it would be available seperately. I know stats etc from BC2 are reset so you start at the bottom. They released BF1943 as a taster for future releases and that was 4 maps and a tenner. Wicked fun too. This should be awesome laughs.

Octy VRS
I'm sure I read it on the blog, unless I was really pissed. Probably the second one. I would actually welcome it though. New weapons and environments, why not?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
It uses your existing stats, so I started BC2 Vietnam at rank 32.

I guess it's similar in installation for the consoles as it is for the PC. In the last hefty patch update, it included BC2 Vietnam. Once you buy it from the EA Store, they email you a serial key. Then launch BC2 and in the upper left corner, there's a tab stating 'Vietnam'. Click on that and it asks to redeem a code, in which you put the serial key. Once activated, it's there for good. :)

Thankfully (for me anyway!) it's MUCH better than the original Battlefield Vietnam. That was turd.

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
So once it's installed, do you have the option of playing BC2 and Vietnam? Or is it all in one???

You switch m8. The background, the music, the appearance all changes. Click back and you're back to the normal BC2 screen. You basically pick one game or the other as I think you'll agree, playing Port Valdez with American GI's and the NVA would be a little daft. :)

D.

182 Turbo Project
No I meant I didn't know wether it changed for example when playing Rush, you could one game be playing BC2 then the nexrt game it selects a map from the Vietnam pack, using the new weapons etc. Not a combo lol

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
No I meant I didn't know wether it changed for example when playing Rush, you could one game be playing BC2 then the nexrt game it selects a map from the Vietnam pack, using the new weapons etc. Not a combo lol

Ah, I see!

Nope, it sticks with whichever game its currently running. Well, of the rounds I played it did anyway, though I'd guess that from a server admin point of view, it would be easy to chop & change between the two game modes.

D.

182 Turbo Project
That's why I thought it would do that, oh well, I shall have to wait an see! Does anyone know what time it's going to be released on Live?