ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/Xbox360/PS3] Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Official Thread

Just got this from LoveFilm today for my PS3, went to have a quick bash...

Only to find that I need a mandatory update for it. That'll take 399 minutes to download. THREE HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE MINUTES. Thats over six and a half sodding hours.

It didn't get shorter or quicker as it went on either. It's still facking going..

1.8 Civic EX
lol yeah it's had some big ol' updates in time i've had it so can image as this is your first time downloading them all will take a figgin' age!

still, prob nothing to do with the update but just got my best k/d on a conquest game...31/12 :)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Just got this from LoveFilm today for my PS3, went to have a quick bash...

Only to find that I need a mandatory update for it. That'll take 399 minutes to download. THREE HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE MINUTES. Thats over six and a half sodding hours.

It didn't get shorter or quicker as it went on either. It's still facking going..

PMSL. Bad timing.

However, new maps today. Good timing.

1.8 Civic EX
anyone played the new maps yet? just had a go on Heavy Metal - conquest.

It's a bit s**t tbh. The map is far too big, you basically run, for what feels like for ever to get blown up by a tank/helo etc and spawn again, run, get blown up repeat, not impressed :( it's basically atacama desert but the points are further away from each other and there are more tanks/vehicles.

Octy VRS
Get in a tank! Haven't tried them yet but Oasis and Harvest day were the favourites in 1 so they must be good.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
anyone played the new maps yet? just had a go on Heavy Metal - conquest.

It's a bit s**t tbh. The map is far too big, you basically run, for what feels like for ever to get blown up by a tank/helo etc and spawn again, run, get blown up repeat, not impressed :( it's basically atacama desert but the points are further away from each other and there are more tanks/vehicles.

Do you play on hardcore? I'd recommend it. The enemy helo's can't see infantry, only vehicles. Also, make sure you're part of a squad so you have far more respawn points. If your entire team is getting owned at your own base, then exit. It's not worth sticking it out, IMO.

1.8 Civic EX
never played on hardcore tbh, might give it a go. Only that map that i was having issues with but then it it was my first go on it. Can't get in to work today 'cos of the snow so i'll get plenty of practice on it today :)

182 Turbo Project
I'm just downloading the update now, it says it's the Vietnam Multiplayer Update....does this mean the actual Vietnam maps??? It's over 1.6gb in size, so a pretty epic update! It's taking forever though!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
No mate, the Vietnam pack isn't released until December 21st. This is an update in preparation for that. But it also patches a few things.

182 Turbo Project
Fail.

Just read some of the previous posts. Not long til the 'nam pack though. I'm glad they have brought some new maps out as I haven't really been playing on it since MOH and COD came out. It's good to see they haven't forgotten about the game!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I prefer this game to any other shooter, TBH. Love it, but I'm currently on AC: Brotherhood and want to finish that before I go back to BC2.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've just popped this in to update my game, and didn't get any message telling me I required an update?

Should I have?

Did it manually via the store. 1.6GB multiplayer update 3.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
LOL. No idea, mate.

It appears that the servers are down. I went to play a quick game to see if it would kick my update into action, and I had lost all my VIP maps, so I only had the original 4 to choose from.

Had a search on Google and a few people are complaining about it on the BC2 forums, so I'm not alone.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...cess-any-new-maps-any-released-map-packs.html

Hopefully be rectified soon. Not too fussed, anyway, as I want to complete Assassin's Creed Brotherhood first.

This new map pack is amazing... oh wait. iFail.

154221_620932601154_222304875_6764972_1120812_n.jpg

1.8 Civic EX
PMSL! oops!

Been a bit odd tonight. I've been on and playing then it drops out and i temporarily loose all my weapon unlocks and stats etc then it all comes back. A few games have literally been three people on one massive map.

1.8 Civic EX
seeing as online seems to be broken recently i decided to finally finish the single player campaign. It's actually rather good! got 925/1000 gamerscore on it now too :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
"Downloaded" (note the quotation marks) the SPECTACT DLC for the PC version. £3.99 for the privilege of something that was already in the fecking game!!! No download - not even 1MB in size. Just an automatic unlock when you buy it.

Fecking hell DICE - that's a bit of piss-take isn't it? Like Sellotaping the last page of a book down and then paying £3.99 to get a Stanley blade to cut it open. :(

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Had a great game last night attacking or Arica harbour, ,me and my bro in a tank for the whole game...ended me 22-0 and him 44-0 :D bitches couldnt stop us!!

Atamaca Desert? There aren't any vehicles other than quad's on Arica Harbor. Certainly not on Conquest.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Arica Harbour in Rush is awesome with vehicles.

Will have to try that. Didn't realise vehicles were available on Rush. Arica is one of my favourites maps. Haven't played any of the new ones yet, mind.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Arica Harbour in Rush is awesome with vehicles.

One of my favourites too - I love playing the Russians on that and holding off those Abrams tanks and snipers up on the hillside to the right. :)

It confused me for AGES with the difference between the Rush and Conquest maps. On one of my first attempts at BC2 online, I joined a game and we were at the first Russian base. We continued to hold the Yanks off at the first base and eventually won the round. Then the map changed.

For days after, I couldn't recall what the map name was, or how to get to it as I had the search settings defaulted to Conquest Mode - doh. :)

D.

terryc101

ClioSport Club Member
I've prob only had bad experiences with conquest tbh, haven't played it much as rush is too good!

Anyone else noticed a million more ppl using the m14 now ya can get scopes on it.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've prob only had bad experiences with conquest tbh, haven't played it much as rush is too good!

Anyone else noticed a million more ppl using the m14 now ya can get scopes on it.

Can imagine a lot of guys using the G3 as one of the extras includes C4.