ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/Xbox360/PS3] Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Official Thread

terryc101

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah they are using both them guns a lot more now, luckily I got platinum on g3 using iron sights :)

Funny watchin people using c4 on mcoms now lol throwin like 8 on and it doin barely any damage at all.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I've prob only had bad experiences with conquest tbh, haven't played it much as rush is too good!

Anyone else noticed a million more ppl using the m14 now ya can get scopes on it.

Really? Interesting. The M14 was always crying out for a decent scope option, but now that it sounds like its here, I'm not sure it's a good thing. Standard, potent weapons in BC2 should be left alone with iron sights - the M14, G3 and Thompson especially.

+1 i much prefer conquest games...

Rush seems to a little too hectic/mad if that makes sense lol

I like conquest, but much prefer rush mode. That said, you're more likely to get an unbalanced game in rush - where one team is much better than the other. That kind of dulls the experience for me, but when you get teams with equal abilities - rush can't be beaten, imo. I actually prefer winning a game defending rather than attacking, mainly because the majority of rush maps favour the attacking side - especially when the M-COMs are located in collapsable buildings.

D.

Last edited:

terryc101

ClioSport Club Member
Funny you should say about the buildings falling down, I've noticed the last big patch has also moved certain mcoms outside of the buildings they were previously in which is nice.

Totally agree about iron sights, g3 is great without added scopes and my lil brother uses m1 garand to great effect.

Mito Sportiva 135
Oh so what else is new in the patch? I haven't played this for a while, but tempted to go back in...Black Ops is a bit limited.

1.8 Civic EX
I'm using the G3 now but thats simply because it's the next gun in the list for me (I'm working through them getting a gold star on each :)) just good timing with the sights being available :)

Yeah I know what you're saying about Rush, I've only tried it a couple of times and I've always been with a bunch of idiots so not had a good experience of it yet.

Online is defo still playing up for me. Each game frequently has only 3 people per side which gets very boring as the games go on forever and people drop out leaving even less people on the map...

Oh so what else is new in the patch? I haven't played this for a while, but tempted to go back in...Black Ops is a bit limited.

Don't think it's the Vietnam pack, yet, mate. Just a patch in preparation for it.

Today's PC patch is a whopping 2.5GB. In it the following are fixed:

* Acog and Red dot scope now equippable on MK-14 and G3.
* Fixed an issue where the Bullet Tracers wouldn't display
* Fixed an issue where Play Now wouldn't work
* Added Ticket Count for Conquest end of round.
* Added the server info to the objectives screen.

On Xbox 360 the fix-list is much longer:

* Acog and Red dot scope now equippable on MK-14 and G3.
* Fixed a bug on PC where the G3 would do less damage than intended.
* Reduced VADS push back and damage to balance it with the ZU23.
* Fixed a bug where Vehicle Countermeasures would fail to remove tracer darts at high speed.
* Reduced the reload time for Vehicle Countermeasures.
* Slightly increased the AT4's damage vs armor to emphasize its anti vehicle role while keeping it balanced vs armor.
* Increased the AT4's top speed and acceleration so users spend less time exposed when firing.
* Increased the AT4's splash damage so it competes with other AT weapons vs infantry. The AT4 still has the least splash damage of all AT weapons.
* Reduced the splash damage of the Carl Gustav to bring it in line with other explosive weapons. The Carl Gustav still has the most splash damage of all AT weapons.
* Increased the 1 shot kill range of the M95 body shot to counter its lower rate of fire.
* Fixed a bug with the SVU that gave it better close range damage than other semi auto weapons.
* Reduced all weapon damage to the MCOM by 50%.
* Fixed a C4 vs MCOM exploit on Atacama Desert.
* Fixed a bug with FOV when aiming the M1911.
* Lowered the close range damage of the AN94 to highlight its long range role.
* Increased the accuracy of the F2000 on the move to highlight its role as a mobile AR.
* Increased the close range damage of the shotguns to give them a greater advantage vs slugs.
* Slightly lowered the damage of the M60 to balance its accuracy advantage vs other LMGs.
* Slightly lowered the damage of the MG3 at close range to balance it with other high rate of fire weapons.
* Slightly increased the damage of the UH6

The PS3 version of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 has already been patched.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Funny you should say about the buildings falling down, I've noticed the last big patch has also moved certain mcoms outside of the buildings they were previously in which is nice.

Totally agree about iron sights, g3 is great without added scopes and my lil brother uses m1 garand to great effect.

Ah, excellent! I'm off work today so I'll give BC2 a bash later this afternoon. :)

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
FFS EA - why do you insist on making it SO difficult to find the latest patches for things??! :)

It's only by trawling other websites that I've actually found a link to the latest patch. EA just sit there and promote stuff but don't actually tell you how to acquire it. Complete nut sacks...

D.

Integra Type-R DC2
Darren, how you can say the ability to put scopes on the G3 and M14 is a bad thing?! Ive been taking the M14 with 4x and using it with the Engineer kit, so I can hang back and hit enemy armour whilst hitting troops at range. Granted, some people having been using the G3 and red dot alot on close maps, but the 20 round mag means if they arent accurate with it, they soon have to reload.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Darren, how you can say the ability to put scopes on the G3 and M14 is a bad thing?! Ive been taking the M14 with 4x and using it with the Engineer kit, so I can hang back and hit enemy armour whilst hitting troops at range. Granted, some people having been using the G3 and red dot alot on close maps, but the 20 round mag means if they arent accurate with it, they soon have to reload.

Not necessarily a 'bad thing'. But as I said, both the G3 and the M14 especially are very potent in their standard form by people who know how to use them. Personally, I'm terrible with them - just over 10% accuracy on the G3 and worse on the M14 at 6% (lol). The problem comes more so with the M14 scoped up, which in effect can become a very powerful, fast firing sniper 'class' rifle. The M14 is also powerful at all ranges, so increasing the accuracy at the far end of its range simply makes it more formidable.

Ironically, the M14 in the field was commonly equipped with a scope. I just think DICE will have to nerf it slightly as not to become the uber-weapon of BC2 choice. ;)

D.

terryc101

ClioSport Club Member
Agree with the above, they should of stuck to there guns and and not put scopes on those weapons. G3 has great iron sights anyway i think and m14 has worse ones than the garand so just use that instead (if you have it unlocked).

Could be worse...... could have 4x on shotguns

Integra Type-R DC2
Well I like it, hah. Would like it if they allowed some of the Vietnam weapons as unlocks in standard BC.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
If you roll with me online, you've a 50-50 chance of winning - lol....

WLstats.jpg

D.

Octy VRS
F*cking games, too many on the go. GT5 is too addictive. Tried to play Fallout NV but it felt too slow. Did it for an hour and moved about 100 yards. Need to get on this but the thought of game updates etc waste too much time. Haven't played for about 4 months so well behind. New maps look sweet though and Vietnam soon, roll on Christmas and time off!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm refusing to get back on this until I 100% Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. I'm only 52% overall sync at the moment. Bah.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
^ Good news for me.

That was only my initial impression though m8 - it might change the more I try it :) However on Conquest (imo) it works brilliantly as all 4 classes have a useful role to play. Definitely a sign of a good map where any class you pick, you can contribute to your team doing well.

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
That was only my initial impression though m8 - it might change the more I try it :) However on Conquest (imo) it works brilliantly as all 4 classes have a useful role to play. Definitely a sign of a good map where any class you pick, you can contribute to your team doing well.

D.

Hmmm - still not quite sure on Rush on here - lol. Had two rounds when I came in from work - 21/10 KD defending and 19/0 attacking. It really does lend itself to one or two tank crews effectively moving and 'sniping' from range. That said, the opposing side when we were attacking simply focused on taking out the infantry and completely ignored my tank - hence the score. There's also a LOT of Destruction 2.0 scenery on that map - making it easy to gain kills by hitting the defenders in the attics and upper floors.

D.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Oh My indeed, watching that reminds me why BC2 pwns MW!

I hate having this and BO's as i cant play both, diiilema!

Integra Type-R DC2
Flying a huey low over rice paddies, raining death onto Charlie whilst listening to CCR.

Cant friggin wait.