ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/Xbox360/PS3] Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Official Thread

SLK 350
Got it, played it for 30 minutes, turned it off... just doesn't seem as balanced to me somehow and graphically it looks a little rushed in places? Maybe I'll get used to it and learn to love it but right now, 6/10.

For those yet to buy it, I personally had to rank up from scratch again, and you have to earn your perks etc, but that could just be the EA servers fking up as they occasionally do on BCBF2 anyway.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Got it, played it for 30 minutes, turned it off... just doesn't seem as balanced to me somehow and graphically it looks a little rushed in places? Maybe I'll get used to it and learn to love it but right now, 6/10.

For those yet to buy it, I personally had to rank up from scratch again, and you have to earn your perks etc, but that could just be the EA servers fking up as they occasionally do on BCBF2 anyway.

You should start from where you left off on BC2 at least thats what it is on mine?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
doesn't reset stats....

f**k thats impossible to get through that friggin' gap!!

lol it's not like we were playing crap which is annoying. if were crap then i would understand, it's simply just a tunnel or over the hill, both of which were just getting ploughed with bullets/grenades/rockets/morters..

switched it off for a bit now but so far lovin' it. Would be nice if the maps/weapons swapped between bc2 and vietnam though as i can see the original maps just being completely ignored from now on.

Yeah did bottle neck pretty badly didnt it, i hope people switch as i've not played for ages and wanna mix it up

Yep - 2nd paragraph, post #2544..... :)

D.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Yeah i'm sure they will rectify it soon enough.

Haha i remembered you posting that Darren, but tbh if you rush the 2 MCOM stations its easy enough, i was playing with a mate who's pretty god (was in the top 50 for knife kills iirc) and we had a good squad and destroyed them 2 stations in about 30 seconds!

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh key is as you set one off get someone to guard it with a C4 or explosives or something whilst someone else goes for the others.

That's why this game is so good as you really do need a coordinated attacked to do well.

Is the M60 worse since the update? I've not used it yet but it used to be my favourite weapon!

1.8 Civic EX
I'm slowly loosing interest in this vietnam pack now but I think it's due to my connection playing up more than anything else as it's getting a little rediculous....

Shot someone four times with the M21 (each hit counted as the little cross came up) and he was close enough to basically fill the sight. He turned around shot me three times with his pistol and I died, leaving him with more than 50% health remaining?!? lol

Think I might leave it now till I've moved home (hopefully next week woohoo!) where I'll be able to have a wired connection rather than the wireless.

I have to agree with the others though that the stats have definatly not reset, they have carried over even the stars earned on the weapons that are in vietnam and the orginal (RPG and one of the pistols) so must be a PS3 thing.

Also noticed last night that there are now some more achievments to get too (Gold star every vietnam weapon etc)

Last edited:
  Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Have a blast on the new maps aswell mate, we found the old "modern" game felt faster and smoother after playing Nam, which was nice!

Or play HC haha

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'm slowly loosing interest in this vietnam pack now but I think it's due to my connection playing up more than anything else as it's getting a little rediculous....

Shot someone four times with the M21 (each hit counted as the little cross came up) and he was close enough to basically fill the sight. He turned around shot me three times with his pistol and I died, leaving him with more than 50% health remaining?!? lol

Think I might leave it now till I've moved home (hopefully next week woohoo!) where I'll be able to have a wired connection rather than the wireless.

I have to agree with the others though that the stats have definatly not reset, they have carried over even the stars earned on the weapons that are in vietnam and the orginal (RPG and one of the pistols) so must be a PS3 thing.

Also noticed last night that there are now some more achievments to get too (Gold star every vietnam weapon etc)

Ewww! People actually play online wirelessly? That's so wrong as to be borderline perverse. ;)

D.

Mito Sportiva 135
Ha I play wirelessly and the connection is spot on, I do sit a few feet away from the router though....in my new place might just plug is straight in though.

1.8 Civic EX
Ewww! People actually play online wirelessly? That's so wrong as to be borderline perverse. ;)

D.

Ha I play wirelessly and the connection is spot on, I do sit a few feet away from the router though....in my new place might just plug is straight in though.

Yeah I've played wireless ever since I've had the xbox and to be honest it has been fine untill the last few months. My router is basically dead but I've not bothered to replace it due to moving soon.

I struggle to load several pages on this forum if there are a few pictures on it which results in me needing to restart the router, and yet downloading the update for this game the other week (the big 1gb+ one) it was fine lol, most random.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I always played wired (lul) but been wireless for the last year and its fine whether i'm right next to router or in my room which is down the hall.

Evo 6, E92 320d
After reading this thread I realised I never actually played online, used to love BF1942 and BF2, pickued up a copy and put it in eager to play...2GB update :(

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
After reading this thread I realised I never actually played online, used to love BF1942 and BF2, pickued up a copy and put it in eager to play...2GB update :(

If you played a fair amount of either of those games, you'll slot straight back into BC2 in no time. The only advice I would offer is to pick one of the four classes and initially stick with it. Staying with one class from Rank 1 gets you masses of points quite quickly - not forgetting unlocking your perk tree in that particular class more quickly too. If you dabble in all four classes from the get go, you'll be ok at all, but master of none - and there are a LOT of talented opposing players out there with all the unlocks and map knowledge to boot.

Ha... and after the 2GB patch there's another 1.8GB patch ;)

^^^ - lol, he's right on that. :)

D.

1.8 Civic EX
Really? I just got the 1.67gb update think it was the other day, only other thing is the Vietnam pack?

how long you had the game?

I'm assuming Chrisjk has just purchased it along with a VIP code so he is downloading every update for the game since it was released...

SLK 350
Just pulling ya leg :)

Still prefer standard BC2 to Vietnam. I hate the colour palette they've used for Vietnam, and the maps seem constructed to a lesser quality than the OE maps - that is, on a lot of the maps you can glitch into the rocks at the end of the maps.

Not sure what it is though, just not liking it, the dynamics just don't fit as well as the main game IMO. :(

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh I think I prefer modern and futuristic settings in general, WW2 and other past conflicts have been done so many times, although Vietnam has been getting some top reviews.

Games set in the near or distant future have license for a bit more creativity and futuristic weaponary is always exciting...!

Integra Type-R DC2
Anyone else find the Huey has rediculously low health? I understand its to ballance out the fact that theres no real AA threat, so small arms are the only way, but at the moment its like a single RPK magazine is enough to bring one down. You make one pass over a village and your on the verge of busting into flames.

Mk2 ph1 clio
do you ps3 guys know about the community challenge to unlock a new map called operation hastings? as a community we need to score 69 million team support points to unlock it!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It's not just PS3, it's unlocked over every format, stats combined.

I believe some nerd did a predicted timeline for when it would happen and I think it was January 11th or thereabouts.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Eventually got on it, like playing with an old friend:), no vip code unfortunately as it was borrowed from work so I will try get a code from another case. I am a little dissapointed that wake island isn't on it, probably my all time favourite map.

Mito Sportiva 135
Got this yesterday and LOVING it. Some epic battles defending on the Hamburger Hill map...awesome! Brought a whole fresh edge to the game.

And best of all I was expecting a massive dl but it was already included in the last patch, so was more a case of a 2 second unlock!

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
Only just got bad company 2 for ps3 but I knid of prefer bad company :/ might just be getting used

Jamie