ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/Xbox360/PS3] Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Official Thread

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh you can just dab the trigger and it's almost as accurate as a sniper, it is good but then again anyone can use it, it has only 2 full rounds and takes ages to reload.

I try to be accurate if I can rather than just spraying, but yes agreed it's pretty overpowered/over-accurate with the magnum ammo on.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yeh you can just dab the trigger and it's almost as accurate as a sniper, it is good but then again anyone can use it, it has only 2 full rounds and takes ages to reload.

I try to be accurate if I can rather than just spraying, but yes agreed it's pretty overpowered/over-accurate with the magnum ammo on.

My favourite with the medic personally is to use the Thompson with Magnum ammo. A right 'ard little fecker that - but it drinks ammo - lol. I personally find that I'll get killed by medics much more than the assault class. BC2 is the first FPS game I've played online where players strive to get to the decent medic unlocks. :)

D.

Last edited:
  Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Easy points my friend.

iirc the LMG's are more accurate after sustained fire not dabbing, needs a steady aim though.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh I only hold it down if there are loads of enemies around me and I think I might die.

Although the other night I had a Rambo moment, just stood face to face with a chopper, kept shooting until I killed the gunner on the side. Although someone else immediatelly killed me!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Aye, they go through it all on the tutorials online, the accuracy actually improves if you shoot for prolonged periods, but its obviously harder for the user to keep the red dot on the spot.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Am I wrong to prefer the GOL over the M95? :eek:

That's definitely my recon rifle of choice. I never thought it would replace the SV98 for me, but it has....

D.

I have over 1000 kills with the M95/M95 SA, but prefer the Gol, too.

Mito Sportiva 135
I prefer Gol too - with the magnum ammo on it's definitely the better weapon, ignore the stats! Think only advantage of m95 is that you can kill chopper pilots through the glass with magnum on, but that's so infrequent hardly a choice to use it. I also prefer the sight on the Gol - Both are good though!

Mk2 ph1 clio
Me and dredz just had some awesome games of rush, we were hammering them.. we beat them on valpa....whatever thats called! only using the UAV and C4 lol .... except the last one where some tard stole the UAV before i could get to it!

Also.. how epic is the spas 12 on here?! Talk about range! I've got a 9 minute video to go up of a couple of games tonight, one lasted over 20 mins so i cant post it all! So ive chopped/sped up bits and only left the bits where were doin somethin!

Mito Sportiva 135
Well if it's not C4, it's someone using a tank or mortar strikes...no one does it the old fashioned way!

I really think they need to have some kind of warning though when someone is C4ing or blowing up your MCOMs, often you don't know anyone is in your base and suddenly one is blown up.

Mercedes SLK350
I managed to get B:BC2 at Tesco for £15. Bought 2, so that is £30, less £10 on a voucher for spending £30 or over, £10 per copy. :cool:

I had a look at the single player after my Brother installed it on his P.C., don't think I can be bothered with it.

Not had a go yet myself, are there any noob servers for FTV like me?

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I dont think it matter tbh, if you're on defence, dont let them get near it, if you allow them a good 20 seconds to arm and place 6/12 loads of C4 onto the thing its your own fault imo.

The UAV/Chopper/Quad C4 is worse as its instant but planting C4 on it takes time and is noisey.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh I only use the C4 method really, it works well, but you need to do it with a mate. It's not cheating though, if Dice didn't want people to have a chance of blowing them up they wouldn't put a damage bar on them (a la MW2).

Just annoying if I am defending deep and someone gets past me without me noticing, then unless someone else kills them there's no way of knowing to come back. I guess for attackers though they have to be stealthy and comes down to how your team distributes itself.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
DICE are planning a patch for the C4ing or mining M-Com stations. They've tweeted there'll be a balance change to ensure M-Coms take less damage from explosives in general so RUSH mode isn't just about having a team set-up around dropping mines and C4 around the stations.

Mito Sportiva 135
Oh ok that's good then!

Spiezels did you add me I think? I checked online and had a friend request, I'll add you later mate, won't be on later though as I'll be on the lash!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Good idea tbf, guess it'll take 18 lots of C4 instead haha.

Easiest way to get mega points though, arm and C4, rinse and repeat if you do it on your tod you get some serious XP

Bonus is they disarm it so when you go in to put your second lot of C4 you also get the armed points again too.

Yeah added you mate, i'll be on some point today and tonight.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Oh ok that's good then!

Spiezels did you add me I think? I checked online and had a friend request, I'll add you later mate, won't be on later though as I'll be on the lash!

I'll add you later if I haven't already, mate. Ain't been on for a day or so, now.

Mito Sportiva 135
Cool and cool. Even though I'm on Halo Reach, I'll still be on this for a while to come. Hoping Black Ops isn't good because I don't want to want that too!

Mito Sportiva 135
I don't think I will get that, it doesn't look great, a medium between Battlefield and COD - but not as good as either! That's what I'm hoping anyway!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
LOL. I agree, I want the games coming out to be sh*t. Except FIFA 11.

I don't want to buy COD or MOH, as BC2 gives me everything I want from MP experience. But I know I won't be able to resist...

Astra SRI/ Hornet
What you guys play on? Peasant box?

I've heard a rumour that games are going up in price because of online gaming cos there playing the game longer cos they still enjoy it and so don't buy other games. Lol makes you laugh.
Apparently 12 million people play mw2 for over 10 hours a week. Lol

Mito Sportiva 135
You xbox 360? In which case yes, most the people in here do I think.

Yeh well you can kind of see their point...apparently Activision are talking about turning COD into a totally subscription based service/game - you pay a certain amount per month/year and in return you get all the new games, levels etc.

Publishers also hate the used games market as they don't make any money the second or third time a game is sold, that's why they are heavily pushing for downloads only. Think the whole structure of gaming is already changing, where you buy the "base" of a game then buy all the extra bits you want. This will also increase the life spans of games, which fits in with the longer life spans of consoles.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I managed to get B:BC2 at Tesco for £15. Bought 2, so that is £30, less £10 on a voucher for spending £30 or over, £10 per copy. :cool:

I had a look at the single player after my Brother installed it on his P.C., don't think I can be bothered with it.

Not had a go yet myself, are there any noob servers for FTV like me?

Stick with it m8 - doesn't take long and worth it alone for some of the dialogue that clearly has a go at COD:MW2. ;)

There are quite a few servers online that have 'n00b only' or similar in the title. Whether or not they actively promote newcomers joining games and at the same time kicking people off with too high a rank, I'm not too sure.

Add me to your friends list in game if you want. I've got the same EA account name as the one on the Steam account icon under my avatar <-----

D.

Mito Sportiva 135
Really? Why switch back to PS3?

Either way though the game is sweet on either, I liked the single player - was fun and fairly short.

Octy VRS
I still haven't played the SP and I bought it when it first came out, actually forgot to as online is so much fun.

Mito Sportiva 135
I only pushed myself as I always complete single player games, it was fun though and pretty short - 4 to 5 hours maybe.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Really? Why switch back to PS3?

Either way though the game is sweet on either, I liked the single player - was fun and fairly short.

prefer it. plus there a tad more reliable imo, ive had 1 ps3 exhange cos of a fault but had 2 ring of deaths on quite new xboxes. and have more friends on ps3 which is a big thing for choosing a console.

Bumder With A Buffer
^^^ I tried to accept your invites yesterday but kept getting "server disconnection" or whatever it was.

That Team Deathmatch Game we played was s**t! The one where I was on another squad...my team just camped in the buildings the WHOLE game.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Yeah richy that's pretty much what goes down alot on this game. Alot of snipers on high ground so ya can't really run around willy nilly. Lol been on it today and tried sniping but it's boring. Lol

Mito Sportiva 135
That's why I prefer Rush, you can't win just sniping - some teams have everyone sniping and no one attacking. Rush is definitely FTW as far as I'm concerned!

Astra SRI/ Hornet
this game always kicks me out when im doing well does my head in. just had 10 kills literally as fast a minute then kicked. bullshit.