ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/Xbox360/PS3] Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Official Thread

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I tried the V-Optic perk earlier on with the UAV. Great for distance viewing, but you really have to hit the target spot-on to do damage. Splash damage appears to be minimal.

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I tried the V-Optic perk earlier on with the UAV. Great for distance viewing, but you really have to hit the target spot-on to do damage. Splash damage appears to be minimal.

D.

Interesting. While I've had not much success with the V-Optic perk, a m8 of mine nailed my Abrams on Arica with it. I still had 70% health on the tank but it destroyed it in one hit. He did say that he got the missile to arrive straight on top of the turret (not sure if that's a weak point in the damage modelling?) - but if you're accurate enough in guiding that missile in, the V-Optic perk seems to be the way to go.

D.

mx5 & 172
Are many of you lot playing on PC and feel like posting up your soldier names ?

mine is bumtube

I have no bad company friends at all :(

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Are many of you lot playing on PC and feel like posting up your soldier names ?

mine is bumtube

I have no bad company friends at all :(

Mine's Unzen - the same as the Steam account. Be a bit wary though as recently the EA server back-end has been having really weird issues, meaning accuracy and hit detection are well out of the window. Cuts both ways too. Some enemies you pure rounds into and they nail you with a single shot. Then at times (like twice tonight) I've killed someone without even aiming near them. Really, really random.... :S :(

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Gutted. Playing on Nelson Bay, got a K/D of 28/9. Next round comes along, and I must have killed a similar amount, including at least 15 with grenades, getting my 5,000 point grenade badge. I was then booted from the game. No doubt lost all those kills and stats.

Hate it when that happens.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Gutted. Playing on Nelson Bay, got a K/D of 28/9. Next round comes along, and I must have killed a similar amount, including at least 15 with grenades, getting my 5,000 point grenade badge. I was then booted from the game. No doubt lost all those kills and stats.

Hate it when that happens.

Arse. Not good at all. :( I've had similar, but thankfully very, very rarely indeed.

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah, it's a rare occuarance, but massively annoying. I just switched it off in frustration after that.

However, I checked on Statverse later on, and it appears I've got the Grenade Pin. Will have to double check on the game later (if I get off Dead Space 2, that is).

mx5 & 172
Mine's Unzen - the same as the Steam account. Be a bit wary though as recently the EA server back-end has been having really weird issues, meaning accuracy and hit detection are well out of the window. Cuts both ways too. Some enemies you pure rounds into and they nail you with a single shot. Then at times (like twice tonight) I've killed someone without even aiming near them. Really, really random.... :S :(

D.

I shall snout you out - im rubbish though so best used as a human shield.

that hit reg stuff is par for the course with BC2 in my experience - i just keep reminding myself that we're still better of than we were with all the connection failures in 2142

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I shall snout you out - im rubbish though so best used as a human shield.

that hit reg stuff is par for the course with BC2 in my experience - i just keep reminding myself that we're still better of than we were with all the connection failures in 2142

I must have been lucky with that then. I never had any issues with 2142 - other than loosing over 280 hours of my life to it.... ;)

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Scutch - copied and pasted this from another forum I'm on. It explains why you didn't loose the grenade stat at least!

Game server and stats

The game server reads and writes to the stats database.

When a player enters a server, the server requests approximately 1000 stats for that player from the database. Anything that has to do with stats and ranks is controlled by the server (for instance, which weapons are unlocked for a specific player).

The server writes back a player's stats when the player leaves the server. Also, all players' stats are written to the database at the end of each round. This is to minimize the risk that player progress is lost because of a server crash. When writing stats, the server will only write those stats that have changed.

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Ahh cool, cheers mate, good info.

Was bored earlier so finally finished off getting every Achievement in single player :cool:

There's a few I'm missing for Onslaught mode, which is odd as I didn't even buy that DLC.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Ahh cool, cheers mate, good info.

Was bored earlier so finally finished off getting every Achievement in single player :cool:

There's a few I'm missing for Onslaught mode, which is odd as I didn't even buy that DLC.

That's good going m8! I've played through it twice to get all the weapons in it and there's always one or two bloody missing!

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
That's good going m8! I've played through it twice to get all the weapons in it and there's always one or two bloody missing!

D.

I'm still to find all the weapons, mate. 3 or 4 still to find, but I didn't need them all for the Achievements.

Is this game broken on xbox? My rank has been reset to zero and every game I played last night with 2 friend consisted of us getting totally pwned through spawn camping on every game we tried! Went 0-17! Haven't had a score like that since I first started playing fps!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah I tried to join your game and it was knackered. I was back to rank 0 too.

Hopefully be sorted now.

Mito Sportiva 135
I need to get back into this, not played for ages! Only thing I'm prefering on Black Ops right now is unlocking stuff, although on the 3rd prestige and it's getting a bit repetitive.

Funnilly enough I've also been playing Worms 2: Armaggedon online more - what a great game it is!!!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah I could genuinely play this game for years. Love it. You can have a quick game or several.

Great fun, although can be frustrating at times getting shot to f*ck every minute.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Trying to get all the medic unlocks, pins and Achievements now.

I've found the MG36 and the MMG perk to be a good combo. Not so much up close, but it's a brilliant suppression weapon I've found. Some of the random kills I've had with it have been pure BS - firing at a red marker in the distance - only to have "You killed *****" appear. :)

That said, the XM8 LMG ain't too shy.

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm on hardcore mate, so don't get any markers, but know what you mean.

I'm currently trying to get the 100 kills with the SPECACT medic gun - I think it's an MG3 or something. It's ok, but takes forever to reload and even with magnum ammo it can take a rattle of bullets to drop an enemy unless it's a head shot.

Mito Sportiva 135
It's the only FPS other than Halo where I look back and feel like I had a proper war...it feels like you're there, things like COD are so arcadey and light in comparisson.

Think i'm going to have a blaps tonight!

Mk2 ph1 clio
Reaaaaly got into this since the Nam update.

Got all the new trophies, took a while with the huey, and can now circle strafe like a pro :D!

Im struggling with the Demo man trophy and Et Tu Brute one... any ideas? apart from adding a random on the other team.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
It's the only FPS other than Halo where I look back and feel like I had a proper war...it feels like you're there, things like COD are so arcadey and light in comparisson.

Think i'm going to have a blaps tonight!

I'm increasingly classifying them as completely different types of games. COD just feels empty to me online, whereas I feel 'involved' with BC2.

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Assault > G3 with 4x scope > C4 > Magnum Ammo > Alternate Weapons.

Done.

I've got almost 3000 kills with the M16 SA but having just switched to the G3 yesterday, I have to say it feels much better. Rate of fire is slightly less, but more damage can be done.

Bought this game ages ago but only played it online briefly, have since been playing it with a couple of mates in a squad, makes very interesting gaming. Certianly is different when you work together on a game opposed to running and gunning on COD. Can't wait for Battlefield 3

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Bought this game ages ago but only played it online briefly, have since been playing it with a couple of mates in a squad, makes very interesting gaming. Certianly is different when you work together on a game opposed to running and gunning on COD. Can't wait for Battlefield 3

Another convert. :)

If you're into being part of a squad - it sounds like Scutchio on here still plays BC2 on the 360. Might be worth teaming up with him at some point? :)

Had a good couple of games (well, four hours worth - lol) on Saturday afternoon. Did pretty good on some, but got shown an example of great defence on Port Valdez at one point. They stole our T-90 when some soft-arse bailed from it and the Yank team repaired it. They were almost impossible to dislodge - probably down to the fact that our boys kept respawning as snipers :rolleyes: when clearly the opposition has a tank equipped with smoke. Change your class in accordance to the map and the opposition, FFS! ;)

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah I'm on 360. Just had a good couple of games with Spiezels on Panama Canal. Assault with C4 is awesome for taking out tanks, especially on that map :cool:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Whacked this on with my mate yesterday morning!

Tis awesome, so so realistic in the town map you really get the sense of heart pumping action, sneaking round walls waiting on some sniper to take your hemet/head clean off.

First time i've played 4 team deathmatch.

I love Lamp
Must stop coming in this thread -_- think i'll end up getting it again when i go to get Fight Night and trade in a bunch of games, who plays it on ps3?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Don't bother with Fight Night mate, the collision detection is awful at times.

Gally is on PS3.