ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petrol Blue 182 192.5bhp

Petrol Blue Clio 182
Here is my Petrol Blue Clio 182 FF. Ive owned it for just over a year now and its been eventfull!

So as some of you will know. My engine went bang in august and so was sent off to Dan at 519 Automotive for some fixing....

IMAG0249.jpg
Seriously if you are wondering about whether to have a cambelt change... JUST DO IT!!!!

After some gentle persuasion and as the engine was SO broken (More than it looks) I went for some upgrades:

Phase 1 172 Cylinder Head (Bigger exhaust Ports)
Piper 428 cams
Matched Inlets

The car came back from 519 Automotive running lovely. However with the upgrades, it was in desperate need of a remap. So instead of having it mapped with a resrictive cat and standard system I called Dan again to get me a Piper system, however I wanted different tips: Slash cut.

The new piper system was built along with a custom decat for a full 2.5" manifold back system.

DSC03326.jpg

Decat:

DSC03312.jpg

So after that was all fitted, I drove home with the biggest smile on my face!

Next up was Mapping. It was booked into K-tec racing, and the excitement grew! :D

So mapping day came and so did some confusion over whether we were going to be late. We realised the sat-nav's clock hadnt gone back an hour and well we were being slightly stupid!

Turned up at K-tec, to be greeted by some very friendly people :)

So the car was strapped onto the rollers and all of the past 2 months money spending was finally going to be realised! I had a number in my head that I was going to be happy with. 185bhp - happy, 190 bhp - very happy, 195bhp - extremely happy.

And so as we watched the readout, the number kept rising and finally rested at 192.5bhp and 162 lb/ft torque. I was very happy!

dyno.jpg

The car now drives fantastically, goes like a rocket, and sounds even better! Many thanks to Andy at K-tec.

A massive thank you goes to Dan at 519 Automotive who has done a lot of work on my car now and has brought my car back from the dead and made it awesome :)

So just before I had the exhaust fitted, i got the car MOTd. Everything was good except for one of the CV joint gaiters. The gaiter had totally split so I was warned that the CV joint itself may have some grit in it and might start clicking and need replacing soon.
Low and behold about 1 week later it started a faint rumble from the passenger side. Haven't got the money right now to get it sorted so it will have to wait till pay day!

I've wanted some 15" wheels for quite some time and been tempted by some Williams Wheels. About a month and a half ago I managed to get hold of some, but they were in quite a bad way :( They were sitting in my room for quite a few weeks while I tried to find somewhere close enough and someone I would trust to get them back to original mint condition. Finally i got a recommendation to use Pristine Wheels and all I can say is that it was the easiest process ever. They picked them up, called me once they had checked them over with a price then delivered them back to my door. To say they were perfect when they returned would be an understatement, they had gone from destroyed (kerbing with chunks missing from the face and damage to the inside lip) to absolutely perfect. Better than I could ever have expected (not too sure what i was expecting :p)

So today I put them on. I was a bit aprehensive as to whether they would look good but in my opinion they look superb on the car and even better than I was expecting. VERY pleased.

So here are some pics of it as of today :)

IMG_0049.jpg
IMG_0051.jpg
IMG_0052.jpg
IMG_0054.jpg

I shall update this thread with anything I do and of course pics.

Hope you enjoyed reading this (my first attempt) please comment with any improvements to my car you may suggest (looking at spending some money on some kit to properly clean and wax my car soon) :)

Megane 225 F1
I really like that on those alloys. Nice power output too. Someone to come away from K-tec happy as well. That's nice to hear.

S4 Avant
Saw this a couple of times when I went down. That dephaser pulley was a mess, god knows who fitted it in the first place!

ph1 172
Good figures there:)

I will be honest and say I am not a fan of petrol blue, however with those willy wheels they complement each other well and I think it looks great!

RB 182
I love it on those wheels the gold really complements the petrol blue! Not normally a fan of petrol blue but that looks awesome!

2014 Clio 200t edc
Now I'm well jealous!! Very healthy power output, and lovely exhaust!!
Although I'm not sold on willy wheels!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
They're Catcams 428s Alex, not piper :p

Really pleased Pristine came through for you, they're the only place in the country that does the williams gold correctly :) Car looks good on them! Just need to improve on your springs ;)

Petrol Blue Clio 182
They're Catcams 428s Alex, not piper :p

Really pleased Pristine came through for you, they're the only place in the country that does the williams gold correctly :) Car looks good on them! Just need to improve on your springs ;)

OMG i even knew that! can't edit my post now :( (Will a MOD please edit it! :p)... That will teach me to better proof read my posts!

Yup suspension needs sorting out and will be after the winter :) pretty sure that will mean a trip up to you once more :D... maybe you could time a group buy nicely for me haha

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Very nice but im not a fan of the alloys

Same here sorry .
They only look good on a williams, maybe better anthracite or better still std 182 anthracite . Pic in your avatar WAY better.
Good work on getting the enthusiasium back thou and the engine mate, impressive figures :approve:

Clio 172
Love it. Looks awesome! I like the wheels myself although i think i would have gone for something none OEM.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
fair play to you dude for sticking with the clio most people give up on them after a few little things going wrong :S very nice car thats a little different then the CS norm :) and with some added power to add to the fun factor :)

O and also was it a special order from piper for the slash cut exhaust tips or did 519 change them??

pimp mobile Zafira
Cracking job there mate. At least now you know the engine is perfect after the work and hours going into it. What other plans have you got.

Petrol Blue Clio 182
fair play to you dude for sticking with the clio most people give up on them after a few little things going wrong :S very nice car thats a little different then the CS norm :) and with some added power to add to the fun factor :)

O and also was it a special order from piper for the slash cut exhaust tips or did 519 change them??

Cheers :)... 519 Automotive special ordered it from Piper for me and then fitted it.

Cracking job there mate. At least now you know the engine is perfect after the work and hours going into it. What other plans have you got.

Plans are to sort out the suspension with Spax coilovers. Get the few scratches and dents repaired. (one on the bonnet is rather bad :( ) And i really want to crack 200bhp to finish it off but that is a long term goal and undecided on how to go about it :) Oh and some Recaro bucket seats out of a mk3 clio but thats a little bit of a silly dream!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
He's a lot more likely to notice the thread bump if you tag him in your post so I did it for you..

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
ah right, the question confused me, I thought you meant was the car still on the go which it obviously is from the spotted, so I guess you mean is the project thread still on the go?!

Petrol Blue Clio 182
^^ Might help ;)
@TigerPig

Worked like a charm! Kinda freaked me out! lol

The car is running perfectly. If anything it is running the best it ever has! Pulls hard and smooth all the way to the limiter.

I use it daily to get to work and never have any problems, only thing I have had to fix since the engine rebuild is a knuckle joint.

I did have the spax coilovers fitted along with solid top mounts and they are amazing compared to the lowering springs I had on there before.

I just wish it was easier to keep clean :p

Alex

Last edited:

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
winter isn't for cleaning cars, winters for sitting in the pub and leaving the car sat at home, ditched and covered in leaves :)