ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH1 172 Flame Red....2nd time round.

BG 182 ff & Ph1 172
The steering wheel looks amazing. The whole car in fact is very nice. Glad I could help you out.

Plenty to update.
In the summer the lower inlet was off, checked the injectors on a diy rig, all firing ok. Found the engine mount had failed, hadn't noticed any ill effects ?

iphoneAugust2014519s_zpsb9dbf7f7.jpg

but local dealer had one for me the next day, gave the cambelt cover / mount a clean.

iphoneAugust2014526s_zpsc312a8ee.jpg

iphoneAugust2014528s_zpsbe1211cc.jpg

Fitted an in car camera, very discrete, powered from the switched live with all wiring hidden. The PSU is under the ashtray (modified from cig liter to hardwired and the cable fed up the a pillar, the camera is mounted directly to the headlining. (I put a blob of gripfill between the roof and the headlining, when set I put a self tapper in, filed to size, the head of the screw fits directly into the slot on the top of the camera) if I ever remove it leaves no visible signs.

Shortly after it went for MOT and I left it running, they spotted it and it was funny to hear their reaction to it on camera !, perhaps I should leave it off next time as it is I place I have zero trust issues with.

iphoneAugust2014576s_zps493d67fb.jpg

iphoneAugust2014575s_zps5a511bc7.jpg

IMG_0417s_zps4a6bb66d.jpg

Bit oddball the next one, I hate scraping the screen / getting into an icy car in the winter, everyone has their preferred method often argued at length but I decided to give a mains powered fan heater a go. Not that uncommon if you google the idea.

Fitted a weather proof connector for the mains

IMG_0420s_zpsb17c538b.jpg

, runs through the bonnet release grommit to the footwell, here it powers the fan heater and a battery conditioner.

IMG_0415s_zpsf2f840cd.jpg

The mains is switched remotely via a wemo, basically a mains outlet you can control from your phone or set to a schedule.

IMG_0419s_zps0e602088.jpg

So on a cold morning I can switch the heater on without going outside providing I have hooked up the mains the night before, the main drawback of course.

A few pics I already posted it the PH1 appreciation thread

6crop_zps59422731.jpg

5crop_zpsaaab0d39.jpg

IMG_0081b_zpsd2633e32.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, just coming up to 16 years since I bought it, the car had been tucked away for over a year and it was time to get on with some unfinished business. Mot then Finishing off the front end work.
Failed for the washers and a split steering rack boot, only second fail ever I think, so a new pump and boot was simple enough, did an oil and filter change, then onto the last bits I wanted to do.

New front wishbones
New driveshafts

NS driveshaft was fun, didn't want to come out, ended up with a new wheel bearing.

Aug16%201_zpsdqvgyqlm.jpg

So I thought I would summarise what I have done in the last 4k miles
New cambelt dephaser & aux belt at Birchdown
New clutch at Birchdown
New front discs & pads, rear pads, new fluid
New inner and outer anti rollbar bushes
New front dampers
News rear dampers
Eibach Sportline springs
Cup spoiler
PH2 boot lid
New front driveshafts
New front wishbones
Snappy steering wheel in Ph1 leather and Alcantara
RS Tuning map
New lambda probe
New offside engine mount
Genuine Renault / OZ 16" F1 alloys with Michelin pilot PS3
Other niceties, new mats, dashcam hard wired, Sony Mechless bluetooth stereo with remote adaptor, subwoofer and infiity speakers

Took her out for a run tonight for old times sake !
Aug16%202_zps1ts55tbf.jpg

Aug16%203_zpsqh3ekiad.jpg

Titanium ph1 turbo
Great ph1... and amazing maintenance.. enjoyed reading this thread from the start.. keep it up!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Looks absolutey stunning . 16 years old , wow . It's a credit to you :smiley: