ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 itb'd on std ECU, page 13 on

ibiza cupra
What night is that fella?

What filter do you have now?
not sure on the exact date but ill ask my mate as he is the one who told me about it. i did it in feb which is when i got a 15.0. was well chuffed but cant get anywere near that (up till now) because that was on a cold night with a grippy track.

mine has a piper cross open cone filter at the momment as it was on it when i bought it but they just suck all the hot air in so i need to get an inclosment of some sort to protect it a little.

53 Clio's & counting
Yeah an enclosed filter will help that fella :)

Will be interested to know when its on!

Another quick speedo vid with a slow launch:

th_MOV01460.jpg

53 Clio's & counting
Small update:

Cut more skin off in the inside of the bonnet, but that bloody fecking glue type s**t on its a nightmare to get off!

anyone have any ideas?

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Not sure what the glue is but pvc cleaner for using on conduit/windows etc normally gets most stuff off..

53 Clio's & counting
I may have to take you up on that mate, il let ya know x

New steering rack bushes fitted, still feeling a little weird though, off to see Fred soon!

53 Clio's & counting
Back onto the Rollers that I usually run in the morning, so we will know exactly how much iv gained :D

ibiza cupra
be interesting to see how much you have gained.
ive got a standard air box on mine now so i cant wait to see if it does make a difference.
roll on october lol.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Spent ages reading this thread haha, great read and top work. Glad you didn't sell!

53 Clio's & counting
Cheeky gits ;)

Yeah been in bed since Sat afternoon, off work today too, backs playing up, cant move grrrr

Anywhoo, Results are:

209 bhp @ 7,028 rpm

165 lb ft torque @ 6,229 rpm

Ignore the 209bhp, but take notice that with only a cat back exhaust the Clio has made a consistant 171-173bhp and 149-150lb ft of torque on this rolling road.

This means by fitting the itb's its gained me a minimum of 37 bhp!!!

Also comparing the graphs, I now have a minimum of 10bhp at any point in the rev range up to 5000 rpm, then after that its a constant 30+ bhp increase.

Ignoring the peak numbers, a gain of near 40bhp has made me over the moon :D

DSC01469-1.jpg

172 ph1
Re: The story of a high mileage 172

I did it for well under £1000

f**k me this is mint....im gona get the winter out of the way and hpefully do this...is it reliable though? and how much would it cost for me to send the car somewhere to di it for me as im not the best and my dad will be building a bike for the next year so no time to set up and throttle bodies lol???

ibiza cupra
Re: The story of a high mileage 172

f**k me this is mint....im gona get the winter out of the way and hpefully do this...is it reliable though? and how much would it cost for me to send the car somewhere to di it for me as im not the best and my dad will be building a bike for the next year so no time to set up and throttle bodies lol???
i think to get it done by k tec or some one, your looking at about 2k. roughly, probly more.

good results though bud, very impressive. you going to make a kit to fit the ph2 ;) lol.

53 Clio's & counting
Been up to see Fred today and my steering is so much better, he adjusted my geometry and he is amazing, the car is so much better!

clio sport 172ph2
hi russ

i have carrefuly read the wholle thread,and i can only say GREAT JOB!!!

i have ph2,and i want to put ITB,i will need:
pedal from ph1
inlet jenvey for f4r
dcoe 48mm jenveys(how long do i need?)
4 adapter for jenveys(can i made this?)
tank for map(how can i make it,and wich size must be?)
what is the lenght of trumpets?

can you please help me?

p.s.i have race exhaust from clio cup,but momentally with cat.do i have to remove cat?

i have look at the jenvey site,and when i buy dcoe,inlet and adapters,maybe is better for me to buy itb kit for 172,and make it run on standard ecu.what do you thought about that solution?

Last edited:
The problem you'll have is that the standard ph2 ecu controls the throttle, so doesnt have a position sensor to be able to tell it where the throttle would be on a cable.

How ever, i've just thought of an idea that may work, but I'll talk it over with russ in the for front of getting a ph2 to play with.

172 cup, Impreza P1
What an interesting read. Really fancy doing something like this on my 172 cup. It's coming off the road soon as I'm getting the wife a new car and she only uses it to potter around in.

On the qtr mile times my pb at crail is 14.7 @ 94 with a ktec cat back and a viper induction kit. Want to strip the car out and prep it for track use.

Once your development is complete will you be posting a full list of parts and prices for us to copy you. We may end up with lots of itb'd clios in the country lol!

53 Clio's & counting
RIP :(

I found this old video from 09 (Back before it was itb'd), me messing about at an autotest on Kemble Airfield - came 3rd out of 42 on that day, though this run was just messing about

RIP VOC, you are still missed :(

Last edited by a moderator: