ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 itb'd on std ECU, page 13 on

53 Clio's & counting
Ha lol im toying with different sized MAP tanks matey, though if im honest this one is pretty good!

Iv still not been to see your itbs x

^^ :S That came across a bit funny

I have 2 others that im making atm mate, and yes they will be tried before I sell it and yes I will post my findings!

Edit: It might not be being sold yet.....

I was rambling mate, sorry!

Your hardwork is much appreciated :)

53 Clio's & counting
lol no worries matey, crossed wires! :)

Il be in touch soon promise x

In the mean time im having some work done on her tomorrow hopfully, getting a few small marks on the paintwork sorted, few other little things, so pics will follow tomorrow

53 Clio's & counting
Update:
I have finally got round to getting my mate to sort out all the little scratches and marks out on the Clio, including the big marks/scrapes on my rear bumper from the recovery lorry driving into it at the beginning on the year. :mad:

No pics yet as the Clio needs a good wash but will be up soon. Im very happy with the outcome!

Next:

(Supposed to be selling lol)

Well I knew the Clio needed a new exhaust. It has always been a problem for me, Iv been through 3 middle sections, the last one Blueflame kindly modified for me with pieces of ally to strengthen it, but alas that did make it last a bit longer but it still ended up cracking as per the previous ones.

Although I tried in vain to weld it, I knew ultimately I would need to buy a new one.

Dan came to the rescue and as his exhaust was now no good to him, I decided to purchase his.

But Thursday, I noticed on here that there was a chap not far from me who was selling his Yozzasport exhaust off his Ph1 172.

The price of Yozza's were way out of my range, so it was really something I though id keep an eye out for a 2nd hand one. Unfortunately, they usually sell for a decent price and very quickly.

This one though, was a good price so off I popped to the Air Baloon Pub, met Paul (Cheers mate!) and collected my Yozza :D

Today, once I had finished work, I cracked on and due to the brilliant design of the Yozza, it fitted right on with no hassle!

At that point Dan turned up, as he is buying (Now bought) a car off me, and helped out with a broken exhaust mount I had, and we did the Ghetto rear exhaust hanger mod and the job was done!

Before:

DSC01363.jpg

And after:

DSC01364.jpg

DSC01365.jpg

DSC01366.jpg

The pictures dont do it justice, the exhaust is a work of art, from the welds to the joints - perfect.

The difference really is night and day, no bangs or rattles, no exhaust blowing, a decent looking tailpipe and a FANTASTIC noise!

Yozza's are known for being loud. In fact I was expecting it to be so loud I still bought Dan's exhaust as I was expecting the Yozza to be a bit too loud, but first impressions are good, it is louder than the Blueflame but not a huge amount. Will be giving it a proper test over the next week.

Also, I have had a few problems with my wheel alignment.

The car hasnt felt right in a while, and after trying all the usual bits like checking suspension, tie and track roads etc, we were running out of ideas. The alignment was showing correct but once at speed the car was vauge, it wandered and tramlined badly and really took a huge chunk of my confidence.

I decided to speak to an expert and phoned Fred and Fred as always gave me great advise, and we decided to set the toe out slighty (0.03) which Fred assured would give me a sharper turn in.

And of course once again Fred was right, the car, although not 100% perfect, is massively improved, and is much more of a pleasure to drive. Turn in 10 times better and next week im going to set the toe out a bit more to see if there is more of an improvement.

Of course I couldnt just have Dans exhaust, so I also bought his Ph1 wheels, complete with well worn R888's:

DSC01367.jpg

And Dans exhaust Iv got:

DSC01368.jpg

Course, DUF wanted in on the fun, so we had great fun adjusting the torsion bars so it wasnt sat so low, then on the way back to mine it broke its gearbox mount, 3rd one in a month! So we fixed that too lol

DSC01369.jpg

Opinions welcome :approve:

53 Clio's & counting
Sorted just for you and that nice face x

Didnt realise, nothing tells you any more :S

Driving the Clio for this week :D

53 Clio's & counting
DSC01375.jpg

DSC01378.jpg

Custom rear anti roll bar fitted :) (That one is prototype)

So far very good results, better turn in, feels like front end grip is better and back feels more controllable so all in all very good :)

53 Clio's & counting
No mate, was designed this way, gives a shorter link to make it stiffer, though the option of turning the bracket the other way and having a longer link is available also.

ok, just looks a bit sore hanging down like that. I'd have though attaching it to something better than that L bracket on the end of the damper mount would have made a lot more difference than shortening a rod that's in tension.

53 Clio's & counting
Thats how the Clio ones are all designed matey, even the Whiteline ones.

Agreed, it would look neater if it would attach to something else, but im assuming that must be the best place tension wise?

I think the whiteline ones look sore too, I thought you might like to make a nicer job of it ;)

If it was me I'd be looking at making bolt in sections to make the standard < shaped beam into a <| and not hang a bar on at all. I've done something similar on my 5, and will probably do the same to the Twingo as that really does have a floppy rear beam

53 Clio's & counting
Now in my garage as im pulling a few bits to pieces.

MAP tank sprayed, and now drying.

Wipers sprayed as they were looking tatty

DSC01381.jpg

And im doing something with this

DSC01380.jpg

More to come tomorrow

53 Clio's & counting
Nope, can't bear to do it mate, still got plans for another toy, just need to do a few things first.

Its good mate, you can have a look when I actually mange to get to see you lol

53 Clio's & counting
Small update:

Well its been a bit quiet on the clio front the past few weeks, Iv been getting used to the ARB, it really is a fantastic bit of kit, but my business has been a little hectic over the past week, so the clio has been resided to the garage for a rest.

Im toying with the idea of strippage, but im not 100% yet, so thats on hold.

I have another big update coming next week, but you lot will have to wait for that ;)

Iv also been totting up what's next, god thats a loooong list!

53 Clio's & counting
Update:

Well today I took a trip back up to RS Tuning to have my map tweaked a bit, as Iv just fitted the air temperature sensor into one of the trumpets, iv also fitted two new lambda probes.

I managed to refit my ITG sausage filter,as the other filter it had on was more free flowing, but didnt offer any protection. I managed to fix the ITG so it wasnt sliding down the trumpets, and although peak power hasnt changed, the torque has improved, and the car pulls a lot harder from 5000rpm on. This im happy about, as with the old filter on I expect peak power would be close to 200.

And on the way back I managed to get 310 miles to a tank, which also included the dyno time :D

So with the improved map, I just gave my Gtec another whurl and:

DSC01407.jpg

:D

thats a second faster than what I averaged before the ITB's were fitted :D

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Frekkin awesome! Is this cammed? If not could it be cammed/itb'd on standard management??

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Awesome result Russ!! Bet there's a few suprised BMW/ ST (and many other) drivers in your neck of the woods.;)

When are you releasing the package including remap time (in the JMS style) then Russ?
Paul could do the fitting and mapping for all us up North!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R26
Awesome result Russ!! Bet there's a few suprised BMW/ ST (and many other) drivers in your neck of the woods.;)

When are you releasing the package including remap time (in the JMS style) then Russ?
Paul could do the fitting and mapping for all us up North!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+11111111111111111

also whats this new update!!