ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH1 Flamer.

So I got this car about 6weeks ago, and dont get me wrong I love it, but it can be a bit of a ballache.

First off this was my first car, that I kept for nearly 3years.

1.3cdti, wasnt anything special, but being my first car i loved it.
DSCF0500.jpg

Then for some reason i bought this bucket,
IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

Cheeky pic with my mates ph1.

When I got it, it had the following,
Ktec Coilover,
Ktec Stealth Exhaust
Ph2 Alloys :(

Since owning it I have done some minor things,
2 new rear tyres,
Tracking and all wheels balanced,
Fixed the electric windows (was held up by wood when i got it ;) )
Made the side lights works,
Got some mats :eek:,
Silvatec Bulbs,
Resprayed and sorted out the fog light duct,
And probably some other boring stuff ha.

Things that are happening next,
Tomorrow new windscreen,
Saturday Im giving it a full service (obv not cambelt etc). Fitting a new coolant pipe as mine is leaky and also fitting my skoda splitter.
6th of July its got MOT, fingers crossed this goes well.
11th of July its going into the body shop to get the whole front end resprayed and dent on the door taken out.

By then it should be pretty decent, and the fun can begin :)
Hopefully change the wheels to some 15's unsure what yet, then whiteline arb, sort out the engine bay as its messy atm, with dodgy painted bits etc.

Then I dont know, Ill update this as I go/find more things to replace.

Dan.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
looks good mate. same colour as mine. going to start my own thread with what iv done to mine. deffo go for the whiteline arb. got one for mine, great mod.

Cheers, Oh and ill be changing the steering wheel after the mot also to a OMP Trecento 300mm.

IMG_0039.jpg

On this picture, i know its not great, but you can kind of see a bit of foam on the bumper? (behind the two slits/venty bits) it pushes it forward around the headlight and makes a gap.
Question, is this normal? ha as when i had the bumper off the foam looked like it was meant to be there, but on my mates ph1 it doesnt have this, Cheers.

Had a pretty bad day with this.

Changed the coolant pipe, that was fine, untill i filled it up again. The rad was leaking real bad, few phone calls later and i had a new radiator after a bit of scheming it was all done.
I then change the oil and filter, also gear box oil and cleaned the air filter.
Then to finish the day i fitted my skoda splitter.
Few pics i snapped through out the day, nothing interesting just my messy engine ha.

IMG_0993.jpg

Before.
IMG_0994.jpg

During.
IMG_0999.jpg

Rad out.
IMG_1002.jpg

After.
Tomorrow ill clean it, then thats it untill the MOT :)

All painted, passed the mot and some williams wheels. Still slightly unsure on the white and debating lowering it a tad more.

Few pics at the weekend. Including my mates civic Jordan in a few of them.

Enjoy.

2.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

And yes my grill stands out being slightly off colour :(

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0223.jpg
    IMG_0223.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0220.jpg
    IMG_0220.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0234.jpg
    IMG_0234.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0225.jpg
    IMG_0225.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 65

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
Best model, best colour, not biased :) Im gonna go down the Skoda splitter route myself, had the Cupra splitter fitted for a while but I think this is more suited. Wouldnt have thought of white wheels for my own but they look the part.

Oh and whos the header in the skip lol

2.jpg

The bloke in the skip is the owner of the Jordan, he climbed up there to take some pics of the two cars together (below). Then just chilled in there i guess haha.

1.jpg

And I do agree about the skoda splitter, makes such a difference!

Bumder With A Buffer
Random question here...

Your mates car here the silver PH1, Where does he live?? I swear we have had a few plays up tesco hill before???

IMG_0214.jpg

Not a very good update, but a few pics either way.

So my mate with the silver clio on page 1 had a slight incident in the wet, spinning out and writing off the his car. Luckily no one else was involved and no one got hurt.
So this weekend he did the sensible thing, and got another ph1 which is absolutely mint. Shown below.

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

This is is his old clio.

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

I was helping him break the old car so he let me have a few bits which were in better condition than what was on my car, mainly engine bay bits (even though there the same just not been badly painted)
I also had a tinker with my exhaust as it was vibrating against the heat shield and getting on my nerves.

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

new one left, mine on the right.
IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

And finally the 3 clios.

IMG_0014.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0016.jpg
    IMG_0016.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 43
New steering wheel, i love the way it drives, and was so easy to fit!

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

Only thing is im not 100% on the wheel, my mate has offered me decent money for the wheel, so i may buy another soon :)
Then i stripped the rear out a bit, work in progress atm.

IMG_0100.jpg

And yes i know the inside of my car is pure filth, cleaning it is on the list of things to do!

Pretty much a written update.

Things are really changing now.
Hopefully picking up some very very nice bucket seats tomorrow night, gota sort them out and get them fitted.
The weekend the coilovers are being sold, and im temporarily fitting apex springs on standard shocks! So the car will be sitting super high!

But come the 5th of November im off to 519 automotive for a spax set up!

A good month all in all!

Nice looking PH1. I thought it looked familiar, i've seen your car about in Stow and your mates silver one, does one of you live up near Lavenham Way?