ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph2 172 Headlight detail

'02 Clio Sport 172
Seen a few threads for different marks, but thought I'd have a go & let you see the results. I'm not a detailer or anything, just have a collection of products I've accumulated & a RAC polisher, the sort you pick up for £15 around town.

Apologies, no 'before' picture, but you know the problem, severe hazing & scratches on the top half of the lights! :dapprove:

So...

Mask up & attack with 1000 grit (all I had in the garage, ideally, say 800 then maybe 1200);

IMG_0601.jpg

Then I used Halfrauds own brand rubbing compound, G3 or similar would be equally as good, probably better;

IMG_0602.jpg

Next up, I used Mequiars ScratchX2 on the buffer;

IMG_0606.jpg

Then finally after a few passes;

IMG_0607.jpg

Close up of what was the worst bit;

IMG_0608.jpg

That is all, was more a confdence thing really, now I know it works will probably do it all over again & spend a bit more time with the wet'n'dry to get it 100% scratch free :)

Charged Superleggera
good job mate. mines are in a real state. will get started on them next week with the rotary.