ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Philips Blu-Ray Player

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm looking to buy my Parents a Blu-Ray Player for Christmas as they have just got a Brand New LCD TV,

They got a Philips TV so I'm thinking to get them a Philips Blu-Ray Player

Looking at this one - http://www.johnlewis.com/230645023/Product.aspx

My dilemma is that I went to Richer Sounds after one of these however they had 3 in stock but the guy said they were all suffering from some problem with the playback button,

Anyone know if this is a common problem with all the BDP3000's??

Cheers
Andy.

182 FF Inferno
I have one. Haven't had a problem with it although I'm not into all this BDlive stuff. Just wanted something to plug and play.

Only played a few blurays with no problems. (to be honest it'll prob be used more for dvd's) Couple of threads on avforums about it. I never realised a bluray player was so complex!! (BDlive, firmware updates etc) Got mine from Asda for £97 which I still think was a bargain.

If you can stretch the funds a bit, Blockbuster and Amazon were doing offers on some Samsung/ Sony/ LG players with some blurays included.

182 FF Inferno
I have one. Haven't had a problem with it although I'm not into all this BDlive stuff. Just wanted something to plug and play.

Only played a few blurays with no problems. (to be honest it'll prob be used more for dvd's) Couple of threads on avforums about it. I never realised a bluray player was so complex!! (BDlive, firmware updates etc) Got mine from Asda for £97 which I still think was a bargain.

If you can stretch the funds a bit, Blockbuster and Amazon were doing offers on some Samsung/ Sony/ LG players with some blurays included.

And after saying all that, I took my Phillips back and got a Samsung with 3 Blurays for £130 from Blockbuster.