ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Philips Blu-Ray Player

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm looking to buy my Parents a Blu-Ray Player for Christmas as they have just got a Brand New LCD TV,

They got a Philips TV so I'm thinking to get them a Philips Blu-Ray Player

Looking at this one - http://www.johnlewis.com/230645023/Product.aspx

My dilemma is that I went to Richer Sounds after one of these however they had 3 in stock but the guy said they were all suffering from some problem with the playback button,

Anyone know if this is a common problem with all the BDP3000's??

Cheers
Andy.

182 FF Inferno
I have one. Haven't had a problem with it although I'm not into all this BDlive stuff. Just wanted something to plug and play.

Only played a few blurays with no problems. (to be honest it'll prob be used more for dvd's) Couple of threads on avforums about it. I never realised a bluray player was so complex!! (BDlive, firmware updates etc) Got mine from Asda for £97 which I still think was a bargain.

If you can stretch the funds a bit, Blockbuster and Amazon were doing offers on some Samsung/ Sony/ LG players with some blurays included.

182 FF Inferno
I have one. Haven't had a problem with it although I'm not into all this BDlive stuff. Just wanted something to plug and play.

Only played a few blurays with no problems. (to be honest it'll prob be used more for dvd's) Couple of threads on avforums about it. I never realised a bluray player was so complex!! (BDlive, firmware updates etc) Got mine from Asda for £97 which I still think was a bargain.

If you can stretch the funds a bit, Blockbuster and Amazon were doing offers on some Samsung/ Sony/ LG players with some blurays included.

And after saying all that, I took my Phillips back and got a Samsung with 3 Blurays for £130 from Blockbuster.