ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pic Request Coilovered 172/182 - Rear Height

Hi Guys,

About to guy some coilovers for my Cup but I want the rear to be properly low - obviously the front will be lower but it seems so many coilover kits allow enormous lowering at the front and not at the back?

Which coilover kit gives the best scope for lowering? My old KWs could sit the front on the floor but the back was way up in the air?

The car will be running 15" rims so it gonna need lowering a fair bit.

Piccys and help would be appreciated.

Tim

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
a_76.jpg

thats mine on h&rs, rears as low as it will go, i want in to go a wee bit lower, but i think you'll need some custom springs. I remember fred @ yozzasport was on about getting a batch made up, but not heard anything more

also bear in mind if you have a magnex or something, i suffered clearance issues above the rear beam.... i now have a pro speed, and have around another 10-15mm space i can go lower

Similar to those on the k-tec site. I bought mine through jon@2modified.com

Mine are stainless steel coilovers not the zinc ones on k-tec. They are both ride height and dampening adjustable.

Honda Civic Type R '02
Chris K said:
Similar to those on the k-tec site. I bought mine through jon@2modified.com

Mine are stainless steel coilovers not the zinc ones on k-tec. They are both ride height and dampening adjustable.

how much did u pay? if u dont mind me asking?

Ph1 172
this is mine on fk's with fixed damping. had taken the adjuster out and fitted the spring and rubber cups just like standard set up but was to low, and has had to be highered now:-(
Picture022.jpg

nathan

^^^I hope you've still got the millie's on there, looking proper bo!!!

nope - now on the oz F1's - the mille's were the wrong offset so had to go.

Dansta - that looks fooking low - have you taken the bottom platform out of the rear? mines set right down and nowhere near that low. also does it rub at the front - looks a lot lower than mine

timsclio172 said:
nope - now on the oz F1's - the mille's were the wrong offset so had to go.

Dansta - that looks fooking low - have you taken the bottom platform out of the rear? mines set right down and nowhere near that low. also does it rub at the front - looks a lot lower than mine

Front has sometimes been subject to an odd srape if your hammering and hit a deep dip or pot hole. but rarely.

No my rear platty is in, you take that out and your spring isnt staying in iirc.

Needs a good going over with a lambswool trouserleg and two bucket method followed by a switch to waffle weave MF shorts to dry mate ;)

Renaultsport 220T
Dansta, get that low MF'er washed, hosepipe ban or not!

I've just fitted Leda's to my 182 today at Mark Fish Motorsport. :D

Pics to follow tomorrow, when I download them from camera.
The difference in handling is astounding!