ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Picked up Cup last night....Couple of Q’s

Eventually collected my Cup last night, and considering I had a 111s Elise before, I am very impressed with it !

Now, as with all my cars, I remove the CAT to be on the safe side incase of misfire etc, etc ! Does anyone do a CAT replacement pipe ?

What about induction kits also ?

Thanks in advance

suggest you skip on the decat and IK. Decat has two lambda sensors either end. you can obviously find a decat pipe with places for the two lambdas and even trick the system into believing its ok by using a resistor between them. Eventually though you will end up with a warning light on your dash. On IK, the standard airbox is pretty good and fitting an IK will affect low rev torque or reduce performance throughout if not fitted properly.. The £180-220 you will spend on a closed IK is better spent elsewhere. The only reason for IK would be noise if that floats your boat.

a company thats grappled several times with all these issues is unfortunately based in FRance technomap.fr or oreca.fr. you can source good parts there. In the UK, K-tec racing will not do a decat for the reasons mentioned above. I have a cat-back system from them.

172 Cup

The K-tec decat is for the mk1 172 only and as far as i know no one makes a decat for the mk2 (twin lamda) yet.