ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Picked up my Corsa VXR, few picks

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
I'd imagine in 90% of real world (I.e. not on a track) situations the Corsa would be quicker than the 197. Such as in the Evo mag review where when chasing a VXR up a windy mountain road, the 197 couldn't keep up... I love the 197, but I respect the VXR for what it is as well.

Here's the review - http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/car..._vxr_v_cooper_s_v_clio_197_v_ibiza_cupra.html

The video shows the difference in a straight line as well, the Corsa appears to be devestating to the Clio in pure speed terms, but the Clio is catching it under breaking.

Dan
i've read the review but not seen the vid. would say that the 197 sounds better then the corsa. they sound very diffrent. corsa has a sucking "woshing" sound not really a ggrrrrrrr like the clio. i like VXR sound, some wouldnt.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
Till it tries to turn a coner.

It'll probably plough straight on :(

The handling on that car is brilliant
i remember the top gear review. JC rubbished it, banging on about understeer, but james may did say that he was talking balllocks and in the real world when your not shouting "power!" and taking corners at 90 is great.

i have seen a few postive and a few negative reviews on it.

a guy at evo mag has one at the mo as his "long termer" (estate) and he's loving it.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
^^^

Yea they say cross country it is far better than it really has any right to be and keeps up with some far more exotic machinary. Let's face it though, pretty much everything is more exotic than a Vauxhall Vectra hehe :)

Dan

MG ZR
Love the car! Think VXR's are cool, have seen a blue one before but think looks even better in black...good choice!

197 Cup (JAWS)
My first car was a 53 plate SRi Corsa which was discounted as I worked for Vauxhall selling used cars. I wouldent say Vauxhall are the best cars on the road but then again people wouldent say Renault are.......

The only factor which made me choose the 197 Cup was the fact that its not respected as a chav car, which as everyone knows the corsa range is.

Everyone has there own decision and it should be respected, Im sure anyone would love to own either a 197 or a corsa VXR, as there both fantastic car. Ive been with Renault now for close to 2 years so thats probably why I have stayed with renault.

Im sure you will love the car mate, not all things are based on speed, power and looks.

Hope you enjoy it matey, get some more feedback up, im soon to be picking up my 197 Cup in white with Black Speedlines cant wait.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
the corsa has its advantages and disadvantages. when i had my 172 i knew that i wanted a turbo in my next car. The 140bhp tdi mondeo i drive for work could, --- once up and running really leave many more powerfull petrol car drivers redfaced.

in relation to "chav". a chav is a person/way of life and not a car but i do know the corsa has a bad rep.

what i have found though is that when driving my 172 i had every boyracer in the land in there corsa C 1.2 sxi come steaming up my arse trying to race. i dont get this now. basicly as more of the "chavie types" know about the vxr they dont bother trying to race me. in some cases they are moving over to let me past!

i have a screen saver on my comp at work of a p2 V6. i have had a few people say once they see it. "they've spoilt that car chaving it up like that" as they thought it was a clio with a bodykit. --so chav is just peoples opinions, or IMO the way some1 drives not the car.

the corsa suits my driving style and the roads i drive more than my 172 did or the 197 would. i drive mainly stright DC way roads 70% of the time so the stright line speed is inportant to me. the corsa is quicker than my 172 was now and once remapped will destroy it in all honesty. Around town where i spend the rest of my time the lowdown grunt the corsa makes driving so much more relaxed than the clio. 3ed gear can be used from 0-100!

like i said in this thread i will do a review once i've done a few miles in it, good and bad ponts but very happy with my decisionso far.

thanks for the comments people. l

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
the corsa has its advantages and disadvantages. when i had my 172 i knew that i wanted a turbo in my next car. The 140bhp tdi mondeo i drive for work could, --- once up and running really leave many more powerfull petrol car drivers redfaced.

in relation to "chav". a chav is a person/way of life and not a car but i do know the corsa has a bad rep.

what i have found though is that when driving my 172 i had every boyracer in the land in there corsa C 1.2 sxi come steaming up my arse trying to race. i dont get this now. basicly as more of the "chavie types" know about the vxr they dont bother trying to race me. in some cases they are moving over to let me past!

i have a screen saver on my comp at work of a p2 V6. i have had a few people say once they see it. "they've spoilt that car chaving it up like that" as they thought it was a clio with a bodykit. --so chav is just peoples opinions, or IMO the way some1 drives not the car.

the corsa suits my driving style and the roads i drive more than my 172 did or the 197 would. i drive mainly stright DC way roads 70% of the time so the stright line speed is inportant to me. the corsa is quicker than my 172 was now and once remapped will be much quicker (EDIT USED A SILLY WORD). Around town where i spend the rest of my time the lowdown grunt the corsa makes driving so much more relaxed than the clio. 3ed gear can be used from 0-100!

like i said in this thread i will do a review once i've done a few miles in it, good and bad ponts but very happy with my decisionso far.

thanks for the comments people. l

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I loved the Corsa on the VXR day, my fave car there by far. Would be very tempted in the future.

RB 182
They're bringing an 888 one out with black multispokes, 230bhp i think it is. Im a techy at Vauxhall now, but they wont give us young uns the VXRs when they come in because they know we'll take them out!

We've a red Corsa and a black Astra VXR in our showroom, i was looking the other day and the Corsa VXR is 5 stud, so the Astra 19s will fit on it. Wonder what that'd look like?

You get a better discount than me, i only get something like 15% on a VXR as i work for Perrys, which leases VX as a franchise- i think ive got that right lol

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
They're bringing an 888 one out with black multispokes, 230bhp i think it is. Im a techy at Vauxhall now, but they wont give us young uns the VXRs when they come in because they know we'll take them out!

We've a red Corsa and a black Astra VXR in our showroom, i was looking the other day and the Corsa VXR is 5 stud, so the Astra 19s will fit on it. Wonder what that'd look like?

You get a better discount than me, i only get something like 15% on a VXR as i work for Perrys, which leases VX as a franchise- i think ive got that right lol

You won't be able to buy an 888 - you buy a VXR, take it to 888 and they bolt the bits on for you.

Dan

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
The 888 is a great car but the extras are too expensive.The wheels alone are 1360 quid.

For me i would just buy a standard VXR and have the £550 re-map and retain the warranty

Corsa VXR just looks way too high! Thorney motorsport for your suspension FTW!

There is an Arden Blue one in our showroom.... just needs to be lower, on another note, there is an astra Nurburg... which is really nice apart from the silly graphics!!

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
nice car i do like it :) but should have gone for a 197, i take it you couldnt afford the extra cash
I love the way the 197 looks but as it drives similar to the 1#2 i didnt want one. + as said my uncles works for vax now so getting it serviced will be easy and cheap.+ And if I brought another Renault I would have to get it serviced at my local Renault garages who in the pasts have been diabolical in service and workmanship.

But basically I didn’t want a 197 as I wanted a turbo. Am very happy with it.

visualize whirled pe
I really like this. You made a good choice with black I think, I wouldn't bother lowering it, it looks fine as it is to me.

I really like this. You made a good choice with black I think, I wouldn't bother lowering it, it looks fine as it is to me.

I really cant agree lol! In the flash the Corsa VXR just looks too high, too narrow and needs to go down!

Smaller rims but looks much better lower IMO!

corsa2web.jpg

http://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk/tuning/Corsa_VXR_Tuning.shtml

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I think they don't photo well, looks much lower and better proportioned in the flesh. I'd have one of these over a 197.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
I like the larger wheels and Thorney have reported (among others) that the handling improves with them.

As said before the corsa is only 4mm taller than a 197.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I think it's a good choice, best colour and wheels. Looks a bit chav in the blue and red. Love the seats and wheel.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I like the larger wheels and Thorney have reported (among others) that the handling improves with them.

Think its more pronounced as the 197 Clio has a wider stance, with bespoke flaired wings front and back etc. The VXR uses the same shell as a 3 door Corsa? Nice cars though, and as said nice gains to be had with not much £££ I really like them in Red

:)

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP

Think its more pronounced as the 197 Clio has a wider stance, with bespoke flaired wings front and back etc. The VXR uses the same shell as a 3 door Corsa? Nice cars though, and as said nice gains to be had with not much £££ I really like them in Red

:)
yes yes

Polo + Micra
what turbo do they use on these things???

(just have to remember not to pick on non-standard one)

Dont like the car at all but each to there own i guess.
Quite common as well saw at least 3 or 4 in the past couple of months
seem vauxhall are flying out the finance papers