ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

picked up the maxi today..

and what a car! Very impressed done about 100 miles in it so far, it looks million times better than in the pics on ebay. Drives absolutely brilliantly, feels so tight and is like lightening above 5000 rpm. Sounds better than I was expecting with the induction kit and devil full system. Interior and exterior and engin bay are basically mint and I was told its going in max power next month with a Prima C2. One of my fav things about it is the OMP suede steering wheel totally transforms the interior. oh and the brakes are amazing.

At the moment im probably going to change the wheels for 18" white speedline turinis and take off the graphics. Il try and get a photo up on here but cant figure out how to do it.

Also would like to say what great service I got from everyone at Prima.

clio 172 maxi :confused:

e-mail me

bryanogilvie(at)ntlworld.com

ill post the pic up, as im interested to see this

172 M69 eater

if it is the maxi take the prima stickers and graphics off, uv already give em enough money, i wouldnt advertise them any more!

Quote: Originally posted by tiff_needle on 22 August 2005
you dont like prima? Pics are hopefully on the way!

no-one likes prima, bunch of muppets, almost as bad as LAD

oh right, didnt realise. didnt know every1 thought LAD were bad aswell? What makes you say this? bad service, lack of knowledge?? Paid £7100 for it - and its only done 14k.

i want to make it look less Max Power and more super 1600 racing car just like the silver one in the racing gallery on here.

Cant get an ebay link at the mo hopefully someone else has got it!

172 M69 eater

LAD and prima rare jus annoying, sh*t service and never deliver what they promise from mine and others experiences... if theyve made u happy its a first!!

[Edited by patty due to him being thick as sh*t on 22 August 2005 at 9:30pm]

LAD wanted silly money for them to prove their LAD200 Cup really put out the quoted figures, Ernie Larton is an A1 prick, they must have some magic dust they sprinkle on their engines to get the figures as not once have they disclosed what modifications they do to your car to give the 200bhp figure

as for prima, the parts they supply are generally of a poor quality, badly fitting, poor quality finish etc. and their customer service leaves a lot to be desired, it says a lot when renault have a better customer satisfaction record than a company

172 M69 eater

Quote: Originally posted by Final_Maxim on 22 August 2005

i like it apart from the exhaust and the bonnet vent. rest looks pretty good to me
i love the vent, reminds me of the focus wrc vent too

looks amazing, should get rid of the strips on the doors though, the vents look good imo not to sure on the spoiler.

172 M69 eater

is the roof vent functional?

hmm kinda agree with you fm.. is the bonnet vent functional too?

yeh im after the rally style wheels, I know what you mean about the graohics, sunsrtip etc and maybe see what you mean about the air vents as they dont actually do anything! I like the spoiler though. Got it for £7100 - it was advertised on primas website for the last few mnths at £12950! Thanks for all the feedback though + or - appreciate it.

If anyone wants a brand new MkI alloy with brand new Michelin pilot sport tyre I have one availiable as it doesnt fit over the brakes so Ive gotta use foam! Looking for around £60

Nippy white cup

Looks better than I thought it would tbh. I would loose the stickers and put std rear lights on with rally sl*g wheels but I dont mind the rest

Chris

Nice one mate and a bargain price aswell!

I especially like racing182 version of it. Looks really good! In fact, I think Id rather have a paint job than the turinis.

Anyway, looks great.

RS-1, Bebop, CTR

interesting car, it look...eee...different ;)

anyone has any performace figures?...and what has been done with suspention, gearbox, etc.?

I like it and i must say ive never had a problem with Prima - bits ive had have always been good quality and service was as good as anywhere else.

Nike Lunar Elite's

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 23 August 2005
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">If youve bought the mk1 172 maxi off Prima, as far as im aware, its on its second engine

werent both Maxis by Prima mk1s? They just put the new front end on this car.

I think all the graphics and sunstrips were mainly for the Max power and catalogue shoots, I do plan to remove them and give it a more smooth look. Spec as follows

Complete respray in bright silver inc engine bay

Prima Racing Maxi V3 Wide Arch Bodyconversion, Maxi Rear Spoiler, Bonnet Vent, Rally Roof Scoop,

8" x 18" Monza Alloy Wheels and Toyo tyres,

WP Pro 6 Pot Big Brake Conversion,

Lowered by 35mm front / 45mm rear Eibach Springs and Koni Adjustable Shock Absorbers all round

Black Lexus Lights,

Devil Exhaust with de-cat pipe,

BMC Carbon Fibre Airbox,

Superchip giving 190bhp approx redline is around 7000 rpm

Red OMP Strut Brace.

Interior as standard Clio Sport with OMP grey suede steering wheel.

All the mods have done approx 1000 miles.

You say it could be on its second engine, have you got any more facts to back that up?