ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pics Of The New Magnex Rear Exhaust Mounts

Clio 182
Hi All, i have managed to take some pics of the rear mounts which Magnex made at their factory, the rubber U shaped bushes are available from Magnex should they ever need replacing in the future, you can also see the 5mm spacers where the U bolt clamps on, these are also available from them so the height of the tailpipes can be alterd where they come through the bumper. I have also got a piccy of the flexible coupling which they installed between the centre box and the rear axle, this was added because when the exhaust got hot it tended to grow slightly in length, only a few mm, the coupling is designd to take this amount of growth.

With these mods the exhaust is spot on with no knocking or rattling etc etc.

Attachments

• Flexi 2.jpg
    Flexi 2.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 193
  • Rear Hanger 1.jpg
    Rear Hanger 1.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 180
  • Tailpipe 1.jpg
    Tailpipe 1.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 155
  • Tailpipe 2.jpg
    Tailpipe 2.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 168
  • Rear Hanger 2.jpg
    Rear Hanger 2.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 166
  tiTTy & SV650
slightly off topic, maz what did you use to protect the exhuast from the rear axle? I seem to recall u had some sort of heat resistant foam on the axle?

Clio 182
That iam not sure about, i never paid owt anyway. The way i see it is that we all paid money out for an exhaust made to fit our cars, but due to no fault of ours there were problems in fitting which Magnex have now addressed by making these mounts etc, iam sure as a good will jesture they would think of those people who have already bought a system from them. I would certainly ring them and argue the toss.

Maz

LY 200
^^ Cheers for that and thanks for keeping us informed I know alot of people have had this problem .. I will be on the phone in the new year to get this sorted once and for all .. will never buy Magnex again because of this though

slightly off topic, maz what did you use to protect the exhuast from the rear axle? I seem to recall u had some sort of heat resistant foam on the axle?

Yep I did but it melted .. lol had to take it off and have the exhaust repositioned yet again :rolleyes: its cost me a fortune in trips to tweeks and refititng charges :dapprove:

ooh, and could you add part numbers? or where you can get them from? or will it have to be direct from magnex?

Clio 182
Not sure about part numbers, all i can suggest is to speak to Magnex themselves and they will sort it out for you, but like you say,,it sits spot on now with no bangs or clatters espeacially when carrying passengers. I am well happy with it now :)

Mazda MX5 1.8
its the same part for non-182s aint it?

would be good if they would sell the mount separately so we can all fix the shitty mount problems!

tiTTy & SV650
^^ Cheers for that and thanks for keeping us informed I know alot of people have had this problem .. I will be on the phone in the new year to get this sorted once and for all .. will never buy Magnex again because of this though

Yep I did but it melted .. lol had to take it off and have the exhaust repositioned yet again :rolleyes: its cost me a fortune in trips to tweeks and refititng charges :dapprove:

lol so it wasn't heat resitant then, OK cheers I'll find something

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
magnex is one of the best looking off the shelf jobbies for a 182 imo

K20 EG Hatch
called magnex and they are persistant this part does not exist lol.

Sent them a link to this thread and they said they wont be making these parts, they are changing the design of the exhaust and will be replacing any ones that has problems.

WTF? Can someone get me some of these mounts!!!!?

Cheers

Maz

LY 200
^ I thought these were specifically for their systems why would you want one if you dont have a magnex ??

Maz

LY 200
Yeah I know that Dan but they are designed to resolve the issues the Mangex system has been having .. what I dont understand and like I siad in my pm is why you would need them when you dont have a magnex .. whats wrong with the renault ones ?

K20 EG Hatch
well my standard ones are shagged.

Probably because I fitted it myself but it doesn't sit perfectly in the bumper either, cant see where i have gone wrong though.

Fred do you have the middle exhaust rubber in stock? The one thats on the centre section? Renault charge £7 for it but everywhere local is out of stock. (This was the reason it kept on blowing, because it has snapped off and isn't holding the centre section to the cat straight).

Look at this piece of art I have created :)

04012007185.gif

04012007184.gif

K20 EG Hatch
well my insurance ran out last night, just trying to reknew and because of the deer incident cheapest i can get it so far is £3300 :) which im really happy about, NOT!

I will let you know if i get insurance asap and order one off you! Cheers