ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pictures of your car on Apex Springs

A Flamin' Red one
I took delivery of some 40mm Apex springs on Friday and whilst I've not yet got round to having them fitted I thought I'd excite myelf with what my car will look like with them on! So, pic-w***e away...

Megane 225+
Side shot for you
camera118-1.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
They were on the car for a couple of years dude... well settled.

I also had a heavy-ish ICE setup in there.

LOL @ people banging on at the crashy ride. Try coilovers, any coilovers!

Apex are harsher than standard, obviously. But they give you the drop for peanuts.

If you want an "uprated" spring, and no visual enhancement, go for Prolines.

A Flamin' Red one
They were on the car for a couple of years dude... well settled.

I also had a heavy-ish ICE setup in there.

Apex are harsher than standard, obviously. But they give you the drop for peanuts.

Couldn't have said it better myself! :)

WR1 impreza
Dont agree mate. Eibac's might be a better ride but dont give the 'look' like Apex and id rather not spend 500+ on coilovers. Each to their own i guess.

Got no problems with mine

Monaco RS Clio 172
those pics look lovely.

my sportlines did drop mine slightly, but to most people apart from those familiar with 172s, it looks no dif to std.

I am hard pushed to tell a massive difference anyhow. it is nice and sublte and rides nice tho

would like my sportlines to have dropped it the same as apex tho

Ph1
Been running Apex for donkeys on the Clio and still waiting for this ''harsh ride'' thing :S

Maybe its to do with someones sexuality whether they think their too hard or not :rasp: ;)

I just fitted my apex -40mm yesterday to my ph1 and the back looks like its been dropped 60!! Great ride, not thrashy

Stagecoach Ticket
I was personally quite sorry i brought sportlines over apex's tbh feels alot smoother now and rides alot better but doesnt look a whole lot lower should of gone apex and put up with the "harsh ride"

Monaco RS Clio 172
I read on here somewhere that apex doesn't just have a poor ride, it compromises the handling, makes it worse than std? is this true?

I am not saying it is before I get slated - I know nothing about it. got recommended to sportlines and then a set came up at a good price so just got those...

if the handling is as good as sportlines, I may even get some apex myself for that additional drop....

alien green rs133
the "harsh ride" on apex springs is this because they are mega stiff or soft to make them low

hutchie

TTRS & V50
Had mine on for like 2weeks now, give a good drop but quite harsh.

But Christopher has summed it up pretty much perfect here.

A Flamin' Red one
I always thought you were on coilovers mate, didn't realise that it was only 40mm. Must be nicely settled ;)

laguna coupe
i want it lower but i would only benefit at back buy 10mm so not spending 800 quid just on ten mm when i wont still be happy had then on bout a year