ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Please help how do I remove this

BG Clio 182
Right. My dad's just bought a new motor and it needs a proper clean. This stain is on the headlining and the car stinks of smoke. I was wondering if this was smoke or oil or something and how the hell to remove it.

I don't have a wet vac, is this the only way? And how. Basic as possible. I'm decent on the paint, just not the interior!

Also to remove smokey smells, as @Daniel pointed me, would I be best to wash the headlining and the seats and use the odour bomb after that?

@Knuckles @gally

BG Clio 182
47a1122d33e905477fa45bddbaa9e419.jpg

Said Mark. Think it's oil.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That's grease from someone's disgusting unwashed hair.... Barf!!

You need to spray it with an all purpose cleaner. Or interior cleaner, and clean it with a damp microfibre that's been in boiling hot water and then wrung out.

I'm on my phone so can't link you to my mondeo thread but that was right up your street!!

You don't want to wet vac it. It's made if cardboard and crap glue. If it gets too wet it will be knackered.

Just trust me, I'm the don at cleaning mingers.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
That's grease from someone's disgusting unwashed hair.... Barf!!

You need to spray it with an all purpose cleaner. Or interior cleaner, and clean it with a damp microfibre that's been in boiling hot water and then wrung out.

I'm on my phone so can't link you to my mondeo thread but that was right up your street!!

You're joking!?

That's horrid.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I first thought hair too but it looks bit close to the edge, who has there head there? My guess is that they often get in and drive the car with dirty oily hands. Look at sun visor too.

I'd definitely give the whole interior a good clean Daniel style. Disgusting.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If it was dirty hands, there would be finger prints.
100% that's minging hair.

BG Clio 182

Nope. See it all the time.

Bear head, sniff the drivers seatbelt, I bet it's f**king minging!!

I hope that car was cheap!!
I am sure it's something like that.

Back story. My dad is mad keen on RX8's and has had some really stunning nyon show winners. He recently got shut of a stunning r3 but wanted another to heavily modify instead. He bought a car from a well known rotary rebuilder for £1600 that's in all round excellent condition. That mark though is f**king awful. He's going to run it till it busts and bridge the engine so he doesn't care how long it lasts ( we know a lot about the 8's so in before engine will blow up comments ;) ).

Brings me to the mark. We had the interior swapped as was all black, to black and red. Thing is, the mark may have been from the mechanic having an oily head the mucky c**t or maybe not haha we don't know!

@Daniel, I trust you and if you says it's hair it will be! But this car has been smoked in it's f**king disgusting.

I'll read the mondeo thread mate ;)

BG Clio 182
Just to clarify daniel if it's oil what are the steps then? And how do I ensure not to leave watermarks etc? Oh and will wiping the lining not rub it in? I'm so new to this. I keep my interior so Immaculate I don't get in unless I'm in my best stuff and this thing is pretty f**king bad so it's hard hahahaha.

BG Clio 182
Just a reply on this, @Daniel was c**k on. Wiping the car with interior shampoo and a hot cloth got all the oil and muck off and the car is bloody immaculate now so my dad's dead happy :)

BG Clio 182
Never doubt me when it comes to cleaning cars. :)
Legend Mate. Got all the swirls and scratches out the paint. Got the interior cleansed and leather fed and back to a crisp colour :) took me a good 16 hours but worth it [emoji14]

BG Clio 182
Chemical guys stain extractor. Its amazing stuff and goes a long way, cheap too !!!
As said any APC will make a difference but the CG will cut time and effort in half. Its got rid of wet tar and black hair dye out my cream carpets before. Ive been detailing for years and its my go to interior product

http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/product_p/ligtfst.htm
I'll definitely buy some when I next do a big order lol thanks mate. I've got it out though mate with some autoglym upholstery cleaner, worked awesome