ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Polishing carbon

LY Megane R26
Hi guys

Just got myself a RS2 inlet :) Before I fit it (can't wait), I thought I'd give it a tidy up and give the carbon a bit of a polish.
But I am unsure of what polish would be best to use, also would you wax it after and what wax would you use?

I have a small collection of polishes....

Menzerna FF PO85RD
Gtechniq P1
3M extra fine compound, yellow cap (80349)
3M ultra fine polish, blue cap (50383)
Scholl concepts S3 gold
Scholl concepts S17+

I think that's all of them lol, will any of the above be ok to use? If not what would you recommend.
And will I be ok just using the Sonus SFX applicator?

And as for wax, I have some dodo juice purple haze will that be ok to use too?

Never polished carbon before, is there anything else anyone would recommend product wise or method wise?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Menzerna FF PO85RD for me mate, carbon doesn't need much and best by DA. Rotary is fine usually just easier by DA with lower heat etc.

Seal with anything you can but if all you have is PH fire 2 layers on. :)

LY Megane R26
That's wicked thanks gally. I may apply with a hand applicator then to keep heat down, just to be safe.
Don't want to risk ruining it lol.

Ok I'll go with that then on the wax, I mean I do also have dodo juice diamond white I think it is for later colours and its a hard wax. But wasn't sure if purple haze would have been the better one there?

I also have chemical guys wet mirror finish, should I use that after I've finished the 2 layers of wax or will the wa be enough to finish off?

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Hi Chris either wax is fine there won't be any difference! For better durability you want to a high temp sealant such as finishkare 1000p or even better c.quartz Dlux.

Regarding the cg wet finish, it's sealant based so should be applied before the wax!!

Cheers
Chris

LY Megane R26
ok thats great, ill take a look into them high temp sealants then :)

so as you say with the sealant, will that be the same case with the finishkare 1000p or c.quartz dlux? apply that first then wax?

thanks