ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Poll: 172 Oil light going out after 2 sec with ignition on but engine not running!

PH2 172, Honda Civic S
Is it just my car or is it normal for the oil pressure light to go out even if the engine is not running. It comes on with the other dash lights for a couple of seconds then goes out. If this is normal, it means you'll necer get an indication of low oil pressure...what does your 172 do? Could this be a design fault??

BMW M135i
Re: Poll: 172 Oil light going out after 2 sec with ignition on but engine not running

Nope as long as the level sensor thinks theres oil in the thing it'll go out until starting.

172 sport
Re: Poll: 172 Oil light going out after 2 sec with ignition on but engine not running

Thats a bit crap, I ran the engine with the oil pressure switch disconnected, then short it out to earth and still no warning light.... What was renault thinking???:eek: