ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Poor mpg in a 182

Inferno 182 & Saxo
I seem to be only getting 24-26 mpg from my 182 in and around town. A couple of months back I was getting 29-33 in the same sort of driving plus it was warmer then and I was running the A/C - both lamdba sensors are recent (last february) so is there anything I can change without needing to get it on diags? Ive cleaned out the throttle body, the oil (synpower) was down just over 2500 miles ago but i'll drop it out next week and put some fresh in and clean the panel filter.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Did the tyre pressures yesterday as it felt a bit soggy, back up to the normal psi of 33/30

2014 Clio 200t edc
Heavy right foot? Lol. I get a steady 36-40 in mine and that's a mixture of driving style, usually to and from work all of 10 miles.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Not really got a lead foot, it gets a blast on the last mile or two to work (10 or so miles) but I usually trundle home. However I do sit in traffic a lot

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Not really got a lead foot, it gets a blast on the last mile or two to work (10 or so miles) but I usually trundle home. However I do sit in traffic a lot

That will be why then, if you're sat in traffic you are still using fuel but not moving...

Phase 2 172 Sport
I just accept that its never going to be great on fuel. If you worry that much about it then maybe you shouldn't have brought 1 :S !!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I just accept that its never going to be great on fuel. If you worry that much about it then maybe you shouldn't have brought 1 :S !!

Where did he bring it from???

Serious note, just because the sensors were done last feb doesn't mean they still work. Try a fault code reader if you know someone local with one.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
That will be why then, if you're sat in traffic you are still using fuel but not moving...

However the car used to do exactly the same thing and get 33 mpg, I still traverse the same roads with the same amount of traffic

Inferno 182 & Saxo

I still enjoy the car that why I "bought" it. It should be getting more than I am as standard so something is obviously up, I like things to be right not just putting up with poor mpg

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Where did he bring it from???

Serious note, just because the sensors were done last feb doesn't mean they still work. Try a fault code reader if you know someone local with one.

true enough, just wouldnt have though genuine bosch parts would have failed so rapidly. Has anyone local to me got a reader? I'll sort you some monies for the time and usage

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Ah but you've got ITBs so thats your excuse covered :) I'm pretty much standard engine spec

ITB BG 182
When my car was standard, it used to hit in the 40's. It went down to mid 20's and took me ages to notice.
From what i found out, it was the change in tyres, tyre pressure and wheel balancing+camber, servicing with the proper oil, clean panel filter and fresh spark plugs. This took it back up to the 40mpg. After much boredum, i realised that the cost of changing all of the above would mean that i'd need to use 125 gallons (5000 miles) (£750) before making any money back.

im not exact on figures, but unless you do major silly amounts of driving each year then i would not worry about it all.