ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

poorley 182 ...

last night i noticed a really weird noise between 3-4tho rpm , n mi car didnt seem right felt like it had lost power sumhow .. whilst sat on the drive at my mates house a light on the dash started flashing (bottom right of dash 2nd one up looks like a submarine) , is this a problem with the cat ? thanks

tiTTy & SV650
might be in safe mode, could be the exhaust gas light, might be a coil pack gone, does it sound rough as f**k when idling too?

yup ticks over like a bag of spanners , light went off when i got bout 2mile down road but still doesnt feel right ! booked it into reno today they want it for 2days !!

tiTTy & SV650
i had that light on and it was a lambda sensor failing in the exhaust system, there's 2, one either side of the cat.

Dunno which one went on mine but got replaced yesterday under warranty. Mine wasnt so bad that it affected the car like yours but its possibly the same thing but worse.

put a pic up of the light. as it might not be the same one...

tiTTy & SV650
light.jpg

this light?

tiTTy & SV650
pmsl at alan.

sounds like your cats fooked then Binnsy or maybe just a lambda sensor, why they want it for 2 days?

cool thought so , dunno i phoned this morn n booked it in , she phoned me back about 4 hours later n said we need it for 2days , its probally so the young lad that works on it can take it home lol

tiTTy & SV650
aye tell them they can have it for 1 day to determine the problem and order parts if not in stock and when in stock you'll book it back in for work to be done

dont let them dictate