ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible Steering wheel fix (172/182)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Are you having melting issues?

Are you skint?

No worries, TBR has yet again come up trumps!
The solution?

Tennis racquet grip tape!

photo%20%281%29.jpg

5-10 min later, you are sorted.

photo%202.jpg

No need to thank me, i'll keep you posted on further developments.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Dan, no it was actually very simple. The Grip tape has a sticky backing.

I can say its at least a 70% improvement and hopefully will improve my serve.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Honestly, all you do is make sure its not out and keep it on the line.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Just did the other side, bit tighter. Ran out of grip tape! Gay!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 219
  172, Tiguan
I still have 2 rolls of bike handlebar tape in my glovebox that the previous owner was using in the car. Was actually quite comfortable. I like the white! :D

53 Clio's & counting
Are you having melting issues?

Are you skint?

No worries, TBR has yet again come up trumps!
The solution?

Tennis racquet grip tape!

photo%20%281%29.jpg

5-10 min later, you are sorted.

photo%202.jpg

No need to thank me, i'll keep you posted on further developments.

Looks good, but id be worried if i applied it myself id balls it up, is it quite to rub your hands over when driving or does it make a raquet?

Renaultsport 220T
Tom, i'd be concerned that another tuning company might completely rubbish this idea, then buy up all the racquet tape in the country and stop you buying it at a fair price, and then sell it as their own rebranded and much more expensive own brand tape.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Its all ok mate, Tom has the power to ban any such company before they buy him out of tape. TBR is covered.

Tom, i'd be concerned that another tuning company might completely rubbish this idea, then buy up all the racquet tape in the country and stop you buying it at a fair price, and then sell it as their own rebranded and much more expensive own brand tape.

Plan.
Foiled.
:(

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

I feel you brother, i will be doing a group buy soon.

£2000 per wheel.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Could you re-trim me a 197 wheel in it please? If possible with the red line on top so that i can make sure i'm going in a straight line... god forbid i try to tackle a pesky corner in my laguna/clio.