ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Postage costs!!

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
Just recieved an item from fleabay, at the time paid my £6 postage, which i thought was ok for the size of the package, when i got it it was wrapped in a single sheet of bubblewrap and a £2.20 stamp! Must have been some damn expensive bubble wrap!:mad:

Another item i want (a ipod lead for my stereo) is £14.99 with £6.99 for delivery! Emailed the fella selling it and he said it was due to 'having to use a coriour' for a lead!! He refuses to post the item, so i had another search and found another one, same seller this time £9.99 postage! I think he may be taking the piss!

Rant Over:rasp:

Adam

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
23   0   0
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Its common for people to overcharge for p+p so they make more money as they don't pay ebays fees on p+p , they only pay on the price of the item sold .

If i know they are grossly overcharging for p+p i won't buy from them .

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
lol. the reason i sell so much on ebay is cause i offer free postage. if i sell more because of offering free postage, its a cost im willing to incure as i will be making more in the long run..

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  MK2 PH2 & E46 330
ill add a pound to my postage for paypal charges usually. but nothing like 15 bucks for this piece of lego or whatever.

Trader Rating - 100%
20   0   0
yes some crazy prices .....sat nav i bought with 8 quid postage charges , the royal mail sticky was 2quid odd ....lol

ppl do overcharge taking into consideration taking it the post office and more money , more profit ?

Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
You never know they might have had to take a bus to get to the post office?

Or the extra cost could go towards seperate marine insurance.

Anyway if you know what the postage charge is, then just take this away from the amount you are willing to pay for the item when you bid.

Either way if you are happy with the sale price including postage what does it matter if the seller makes some profit on the item and postage. Large companies have been doing this for years!

browno

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It works both ways though - I sold some bits the other day and had put £10 delivery on one item and £4 on the other - sold them both to the same guy, and knocked him the £4 off, thinking it would be loads less than that for both. Postage was £9.90 - so a 10p budget for packing (£2 worth of box/paper/bubblewrap!)/parking and driving to the post office...

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  FF 182, v6 wheels
many sellers put a higher postage fee and a lower auction price to save on ebay costs.

at the end of the day, if you dont think the postage cost equates to how much you actually think it would actually cost to post, dont buy the item.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
56   0   0
  ST3 8.5
If it takes half an hour to wrap up say a wheel & tyre i would want at least a fiver otherwise it's not worth my time.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  VW Passat 170 sport
ive had it £9 postage, £1.40 Postage!

scamming b******s i emailed ebay about it.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If ever I sell stuff, I always charge postage at the going rate - I just shove it thru work;) so it's costs me sweet fa.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  '52 clio 1.2 16V
aslong as the seller puts the postage cost in the ad i think its fair game. ofcorse some postage is way over price but its simple enough not to buy from those people. personally i always work out the total cost before buying anything.

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Most sellers try to recover cost of packing materials, listing fees, final value fee and paypal fees by adding a little to the postage price. I would mormally look at adding at least £1.00 to what it costs me to post it. If you are concerned that it is too high ask for the weight of the package and work it out yourself. You also have the option of not bidding. If you don't see a postage price email the seller.

Trader Rating - 100%
13   0   0
  Cooper S JCW
I know I charge a little more over what the postage actually costs but I do have to take book leave to be able to get to the post office in opening hours as it is too far to get to in my lunch hour and I work saturdays as well!