ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Tool Perverts

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I’m a loser, I want all the packout stuff in red 😂 my tstak and packout collection is growing rapidly
All my s**t lives in drawers of my rollcab 😂

I've purposefully steered away from Milwaukee packout because I already have loads of Fatmax tackle too 😂

I've been thinking about a multitool...

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Looking recommendations on model and where to buy these:

Dewalt 1/2 inch impact wrench body only (got a Dewalt 18v combi drill with two 4ah batteries)
Milwaukee M12 ratchet (is the extended reach worth it or not?)
Milwaukee M12 3/8 inch impact wrench

Figure as already have Dewalt batteries might as well stick with them for 18v tools and use Milwaukee for 12v tools.

I’ll be neutral in the Red and Yellow war in this thread 😂

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Looking recommendations on model and where to buy these:

Dewalt 1/2 inch impact wrench body only (got a Dewalt 18v combi drill with two 4ah batteries)
Milwaukee M12 ratchet (is the extended reach worth it or not?)
Milwaukee M12 3/8 inch impact wrench

Figure as already have Dewalt batteries might as well stick with them for 18v tools and use Milwaukee for 12v tools.

I’ll be neutral in the Red and Yellow war in this thread 😂

Extended reach is defo worth it, I hardly use my normal one anymore.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I've only got the extended version and I'm glad I made the choice over the regular tbh.

Used it a few times where the normal one wouldn't have got into.

It’s awesome for getting down the back of engines.

I’d recommend anyone get one before they buy a normal impact guns so useful.

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
One of the builders I deal with has a place in the states so gets loads of Milwaukee stuff. Showed me inside his van the other day and it'd have some of you chap's f**king creaming.

All Milwaukee tools, all less than 2 years old and all in the pack out cases. Looked impressive.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
One of the builders I deal with has a place in the states so gets loads of Milwaukee stuff. Showed me inside his van the other day and it'd have some of you chap's f**king creaming.

All Milwaukee tools, all less than 2 years old and all in the pack out cases. Looked impressive.
No pics?

I'm not angry, just disappointed

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
@dann2707 how have you been doing the warranty for imports?

I'm lead to believe they're not eligible, but you say you've not had any issues doing it.

Few lads on the Facebook pages are unable to input the code off the sticker.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
@dann2707 how have you been doing the warranty for imports?

I'm lead to believe they're not eligible, but you say you've not had any issues doing it.

Few lads on the Facebook pages are unable to input the code off the sticker.
I'm struggling to add this one too this time because the code is how the Americans get them so the tool identify is a 2830- number or whatever it is.

I might fire off an email to mw to see if its eligible. Unless they discovered a fix? What FB page was this?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I'm struggling to add this one too this time because the code is how the Americans get them so the tool identify is a 2830- number or whatever it is.

I might fire off an email to mw to see if its eligible. Unless they discovered a fix? What FB page was this?

Can't remember now, think it was either the power tool mate group or the Milwaukee buying and selling page.

Fodda172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 sport
AA844B75-D054-4A33-80E3-972A9FACA07D.jpeg
I know everyone’s going Red but here’s 1 4 the blue boys 👍🏻

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I must admit. For the 8 or so year I spent on the tools plumbing we always used makita and never had any issues

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Majority of them come from China so I bet it’s the same factory at the end of the day.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
The Ryobi nail gun my dad got the other day said Vietnam.

Never noticed power tools coming from there before.

I watched a thing in work that talked about companies moving work there because China is getting expensive.

Those Ryobi nail guns are apparently better than the other bigger brands according to reviews.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I watched a thing in work that talked about companies moving work there because China is getting expensive.

Those Ryobi nail guns are apparently better than the other bigger brands according to reviews.

It's Milwaukee brother pips it on weight and efficiency, but it's still very good yeah.

Half the price of the 18G Milwaukee.

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah agreed, my brother in law uses makita stuff and has no problems.

I have no issues with them either it's just for me milwaukee are more aimed at the auto enthusiast and have dominated that market.

Agreed. I think Makita have a better all round range with their garden stuff and mix of DIY and Mechanics tools but the feel of other tools seems better.

I prefer Dewalts general build quality and some of the Milwaukee mechanics stuff is miles ahead of where Makita are.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
What's everyone buying next?

It's my birthday soon so tempted to ask for the uprated version of the angle grinder. Milwaukee do a 4 1/2 to 6" version that's not as popular here and tempted to get that imported as its £180 all in rather than £300.

Supposed to be much much better than the £140 ish one we have here.

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
I want to get a multi tool next to be fair.

yep, I need to get rid of my corded multi tool to a cordless, Orrrrrrrrrr Milwaukee M12 Torque ratchet

hopefully can get work to pay for that though 😍

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
yep, I need to get rid of my corded multi tool to a cordless, Orrrrrrrrrr Milwaukee M12 Torque ratchet

hopefully can get work to pay for that though 😍

The torque wrenches are good for electrical HV work, but they're not really designed for the automotive industry.

Was talking to @Yorkshire Pudding about them recently.

For that money too I'd want angle torque tightening.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Same. Been watching loads of videos on them and loads of people suggest the m12

Ye the m12 looks ideal. I only have M18 tools so far so would have to get one with a battery. I guess it would start the slippery slope of m12 purchases though.

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
The torque wrenches are good for electrical HV work, but they're not really designed for the automotive industry.

Was talking to @Yorkshire Pudding about them recently.

For that money too I'd want angle torque tightening.

Aye a few of the lads that come in to do our HV work have Milwaukee tackle for that

But when they're working on an 11KV cable you kinda want to make sure its right😂

Yep, I do HV work so that’s my reasoning for work to buy them

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
what a thread to find, some great tools in here.

I’m now looking to replace some tools at work, impact driver, Combi drill, grinder, jigsaw and a few other bits.

any recommendations as to a one stop shop for all, save multiple orders.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
what a thread to find, some great tools in here.

I’m now looking to replace some tools at work, impact driver, Combi drill, grinder, jigsaw and a few other bits.

any recommendations as to a one stop shop for all, save multiple orders.
What do you want from the tools?

If you work in automotive - Milwaukee
If youre poor - DeWalt/Makita

🎣😂

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
I'll bite.

Wait until you come to pick your crimper up, you'll see makita and poor don't always need to go hand in hand.....

They just do with me lol.
It’s very impressive! If you ever question whether you have too many tools, just think of John 😂

Megane 250
I need a new impact gun

And I'm drawn to milwaukee... there's a few options though, it'll mostly be used for wheels, suspicion parts and general maintenance, ideally 1/2" drive...

I've got a Clarke one that's a bit s**t and won't undo wheel bolts without cracking them first.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk