ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Tool Perverts

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
If you want Milwaukee parts, equipment or service my mate normally does great prices. They can repair upgrade etc too if needed.

Just ring CJ Sinclair and ask for Kyle guy. Tell him Frosty sent you and he should sort you out. They have loads of pack out too, sale stuff etc. I get all my stuff from him.

Yeah CJ's are the main guys for Milwaukee repairs.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
If you want Milwaukee parts, equipment or service my mate normally does great prices. They can repair upgrade etc too if needed.

Just ring CJ Sinclair and ask for Kyle guy. Tell him Frosty sent you and he should sort you out. They have loads of pack out too, sale stuff etc. I get all my stuff from him.
Cheers Frosty.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Been eying up circular saws recently and been convinced to get the rear handled 7 1/4 milwaukee saw.

They are usually around £350 in the UK but after trawling ebay I can get one imported from the US including import charges etc for £237 on the dot which seems like a no brainer.

I was tempted to get the 12amp battery too but then googled it for a price and nearly shat out last weeks breakfast = £180 ish :eek: for one battery :eek:

5amps can cope pretty well with it apparently.

Fwiw I imported my electric ratchet a few years back with absolutely zero issue which is nice.

Arctic 182, GTD
Been eying up circular saws recently and been convinced to get the rear handled 7 1/4 milwaukee saw.

They are usually around £350 in the UK but after trawling ebay I can get one imported from the US including import charges etc for £237 on the dot which seems like a no brainer.

I was tempted to get the 12amp battery too but then googled it for a price and nearly shat out last weeks breakfast = £180 ish :eek: for one battery :eek:

5amps can cope pretty well with it apparently.

Fwiw I imported my electric ratchet a few years back with absolutely zero issue which is nice.
I swear I saw one of these on a screwfix sales for like £200-250 the other week? Not sure if same model, may be worth a look.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I swear I saw one of these on a screwfix sales for like £200-250 the other week? Not sure if same model, may be worth a look.
There are about 6 different types mate.

There's the 6. 5 inch models including fuel and non fuel models. And then there's the gen 1 and gen 2 models.

Then for the 7 1/4 models there's the same too! It's a bit of a mind f**k tbh.

This is the one I've ordered and mega happy that it came to exactly £237 in total.

The only downside being that its going to arrive between the 8thand the 23rd of March. Won't be moving into the house for another 2 months so I can wait.

Screenshot_20210222_154906_com.android.chrome.jpg

Arctic 182, GTD

There's the 6. 5 inch models including fuel and non fuel models. And then there's the gen 1 and gen 2 models.

This is the one I've ordered and mega happy that it came to exactly £237 in total.

The only downside being that its going to arrive between the 8thand the 23rd of March. Won't be moving into the house for another 2 months so I can wait.

View attachment 1523097
Ahh I see.. very confusing.
Milwaukee stuff is good. We use the impact guns in the workshop here and never failed us.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Me and my mrs were talking about money and what we spend ours on, I say I'm not daft with money and she goes "Yes you are, you don't need 7 drills"

I tell her I only have 1 drill, she then tells me (not asks, tells) that I do in fact have 7 drills. I then explained that I only have 1 drill, 1 1/4 impact driver, 1 3/8 impact gun, 1 1/2 impact gun, 1 3/8 impact ratchet, an old SDS and an old hammer drill 😂 She's not arsed where my money goes but I had to correct her 😂

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182

View attachment 1523097

Might be a bit late but see if that fits to a track, well worth getting one that does, the cuts are much better and it’s easier to setup.

1614010344258.jpeg

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Me and my mrs were talking about money and what we spend ours on, I say I'm not daft with money and she goes "Yes you are, you don't need 7 drills"

I tell her I only have 1 drill, she then tells me (not asks, tells) that I do in fact have 7 drills. I then explained that I only have 1 drill, 1 1/4 impact driver, 1 3/8 impact gun, 1 1/2 impact gun, 1 3/8 impact ratchet, an old SDS and an old hammer drill 😂 She's not arsed where my money goes but I had to correct her 😂
Sounds like you really.....

Drilled it into her 😂👍🏻😂👍🏻😂👍🏻😂👍🏻😂👍🏻😂

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member

Tell her to buy her own drill next time she wants a clock hanging up 😂

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Thinking about upgrading my Ryobi impact wrench. Is the high torque Milwaukee worth the extra £100 or so over the Dewalt DCF899?

Also is this a good price?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Thinking about upgrading my Ryobi impact wrench. Is the high torque Milwaukee worth the extra £100 or so over the Dewalt DCF899?

Also is this a good price?
If that's just for the bpody only then no, thats a s**t price

I ALWAYS buy my stuff from FFX or Powertoolmate

^ 2 x 5Ah batteries with that one and a rapid charger. I think that's similar to what I paid tbh

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Also, buy from a Milwaukee registered seller if you're getting them new because if not then your 3-year warranty might be void. I'm sure they're a bit iffy for repair if you bought from Dodgy Dave or some weird website

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
If that's just for the bpody only then no, thats a s**t price

I ALWAYS buy my stuff from FFX or Powertoolmate

^ 2 x 5Ah batteries with that one and a rapid charger. I think that's similar to what I paid tbh

No the link i posted was including 2 5Ah batteries and charge.

I guess the extra £50 is probably worth it for the warranty though over the 3 years.

So, is the Milwaukee worth £150 more than the Dewalt? haha

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
No the link i posted was including 2 5Ah batteries and charge.

I guess the extra £50 is probably worth it for the warranty though over the 3 years.

So, is the Milwaukee worth £150 more than the Dewalt? haha

We'll all say yes because we like red tools 😂

Watch a few videos on comparisons and then make your own mind up, I'd say.

Don't think I've seen the Milwaukee lose out to the DeWalt on any test I've watched tbh.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
We'll all say yes because we like red tools 😂

Watch a few videos on comparisons and then make your own mind up, I'd say.

Don't think I've seen the Milwaukee lose out to the DeWalt on any test I've watched tbh.

I know the Milwaukee is better, it's quite a bit more powerful. I guess for a home mechanic working on my own cars, what I'm asking is will the cheaper Dewalt do everything I'll ever need it too, or will I need to get the breaker bar out every now and then for stubborn rusted hub bolts say?

To be honest I'm leaning more toward the Milwaukee, just because it more powerful and shouldn't have any trouble shifting anything I'm ever going to need to do on my driveway. Plus i've spent a little time this afternoon trying to find the cheapest places to order from and there seems to be so much in the range to add to it in the future.

Is the One-Key version the latest and the one to go far, as there seems to be a 2nd Gen version that's typically cheaper. I guess i should probably look on youtube this evening, and start a list of future tools to purchase

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I know the Milwaukee is better, it's quite a bit more powerful. I guess for a home mechanic working on my own cars, what I'm asking is will the cheaper Dewalt do everything I'll ever need it too, or will I need to get the breaker bar out every now and then for stubborn rusted hub bolts say?

To be honest I'm leaning more toward the Milwaukee, just because it more powerful and shouldn't have any trouble shifting anything I'm ever going to need to do on my driveway. Plus i've spent a little time this afternoon trying to find the cheapest places to order from and there seems to be so much in the range to add to it in the future.

Is the One-Key version the latest and the one to go far, as there seems to be a 2nd Gen version that's typically cheaper. I guess i should probably look on youtube this evening, and start a list of future tools to purchase
Definitely go for the one key mate. Having the programmable buttons is amazing so you can have one for wheel nuts etc.

100% go for it

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Aye I've used my big gun to take stuff apart on Transits. It makes 450ftlb undo look easy😂 I did 300ftlb+90⁰ on an M14 bolt to test it when I first got the gun, it was like it wasn't even torqued up

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
I've told a few of my mates in the US that they're gonna have to start shipping me tools

Home Depot has sales of Milwaukee stuff where they live in St Louis. Its ridiculous

I’m a loser, I want all the packout stuff in red 😂 my tstak and packout collection is growing rapidly