ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Tool Perverts

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Honest answer is it'll be fine.

DeWalt isn't a bad brand at all. The carpenters I used to work with on site all sworn by it

Reactions: riz

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Yeah dewalts fine. I don't know many proper tradesmen who use Milwaukee, it's normally Dewalt, Makits or Bosch.

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
People only buy milwaukee because they like red and can't afford hilti don't they ? 🤣

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
People only buy milwaukee because they like red and can't afford hilti don't they ? 🤣
No its because of the absolutely atrocious spec of the hilti stuff...

450nm max torque on their high torque stuff?! They've got to be having a laugh.

Screenshot_20210808_092735.jpg
Screenshot_20210808_092711.jpg

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I think more and more people are buying milwaukee stuff now it's readily available in screwfix on the shelves.

I remember a mate over 10 years ago offering me a milwaukee drill 'back of the lorry' job.

I had never heard of them before, looking back I should've bought it.🤣

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
Got a couple sealey modular cabinets and 2 metre work top for the grand total of 440! They were going for less as had some small defects, made an offer and had an ebay 5% deal, perfect timing, was going to buy some a few months back, would of paid a bit more if I went for it then.

View attachment 1545784

The 7 drawer and middle cabinet, I already have 2 of the wall cabinets so will eventually get a third and have a complete setup.

View attachment 1545790

Time to move out I think!!

View attachment 1545793

Costco had an outstanding deal on their massive cabinets over the winter!
£980 all in (excluding the black box on the left)

Worth keeping an eye out

28b42d8ac7a226d6c6ab8dc29df15929.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
i'm really surprised to see that comment, I don't think i've ever heard a comment like that about Milwaukee.

When you say junk what do you mean?

Hardly overpriced junk. Only issue I've had is my drill chuck seized so I got a new one for £18

I'm a hobby mechanic and even I find the money to buy Milwaukee and pay a mortgage ffs

Overpriced, maybe not junk 🤣 I'm only winding you up, I prefer my bosch stuff but that's because I'm a joiner not a mechanic. If I needed the ratchets etc I might be tempted to try milwaukee.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I'm pretty sure only old ladies use Bosch ffs 🤦‍♂️

How you dare slate any tools when you're using Bosch is beyond me. I'm pretty sure Little Tikes is better than them

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Ordered this last night on a bit of a whim. Seen some really decent vids of it in action and figured it would be really useful.

There have been times when bushes have got stuck in situ and the only real logistical way is to cut them out and this is ideal

Screenshot_20210818_205707_com.android.chrome.jpg

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Ordered this last night on a bit of a whim. Seen some really decent vids of it in action and figured it would be really useful.

There have been times when bushes have got stuck in situ and the only real logistical way is to cut them out and this is ideal

View attachment 1553634
I can recommend these - chaps who stole my catalyst used one and it went through the double walled pipe like butter, forgot to ask them if they had tried the M12 version too, next time maybe.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Costco had an outstanding deal on their massive cabinets over the winter!
£980 all in (excluding the black box on the left)

Worth keeping an eye out

View attachment 1552061

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im sorry. but I have two comments to make - assuming this is your garage.

1 - You should get a jack from SGS - black init

2 - although that looks like an amazing space, which I am highly jealous of but doesn't the black on black on black depress the f**k out of you? Do you not slip over on invisible oil puddles all the time?

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Don't people only buy Bosch when they can't afford Festool though?

No, festool are more a show off tool, for people who wipe down their tools at the end of the day and care for them like babies 🤣Some of their stuff is fantastic, I've got one of their plunge saws and it's never missed a beat, but some of their other stuff isn't as robust as the equivalent Bosch etc. For example the kapex is a great mitre saw, but a lot of them suffer with motor problems etc. If I was just doing cabinetry and second fix I'd probably go for Festool over Bosch. The reason a lot of Festool tools are priced so high is because of their stolen tool insurance thing they do, so you're paying for your initial tool and then towards any replacements they have to pay out for, for the ones that are stolen..

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane

View attachment 1553634

I bought this a while back, was mint for hacking up a big tree. Sliced big branches like a hot knife through butter.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
No, festool are more a show off tool, for people who wipe down their tools at the end of the day and care for them like babies 🤣Some of their stuff is fantastic, I've got one of their plunge saws and it's never missed a beat, but some of their other stuff isn't as robust as the equivalent Bosch etc. For example the kapex is a great mitre saw, but a lot of them suffer with motor problems etc. If I was just doing cabinetry and second fix I'd probably go for Festool over Bosch. The reason a lot of Festool tools are priced so high is because of their stolen tool insurance thing they do, so you're paying for your initial tool and then towards any replacements they have to pay out for, for the ones that are stolen..

Sorry, was just being a wind up after someone's comment earlier about Milwaukee when you can't afford Hilti 😄

Didn't realise they had a stolen tool insurance thing - interesting. I also like their track saw.