ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Tool Perverts

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I was telling a mate how stupid bright it was, he said he also has one... The bulb in his kitchen went and he had it as the kitchen light for about a month because he was too f**king lazy to change the bulb, its now his bathroom light and he fixes his car in the dark - knobber.

He does like his wookiee light, kids are all blind now though.
That's proper tickled me 😂😂. I can see his logic, I'd be doing the same but taking the batteries to work so I can charge them there

Not that I'm a scroungy b*****d or anything

20220728_203800.jpg

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
I keep tpying with the idea of getting the 1" gun but still not sure if the good one has made it over from the usa yet

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Just started looking a electric ratchets.. at my old age im finding the manual ones altogether too much effort and the electric ones seem to also align nicely with my overall laziness and its been a while since I wasted money on tools. Been looking at the Milwaukee ones as im a weekend mechanic and enjoy tinkering so not in the market for top end ones. Looking at a 1/4 drive first as that seems to be the size I use the most and I have a downsizer for 3/8 drive anyway.

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
Just started looking a electric ratchets.. at my old age im finding the manual ones altogether too much effort and the electric ones seem to also align nicely with my overall laziness and its been a while since I wasted money on tools. Been looking at the Milwaukee ones as im a weekend mechanic and enjoy tinkering so not in the market for top end ones. Looking at a 1/4 drive first as that seems to be the size I use the most and I have a downsizer for 3/8 drive anyway.
I bought the milwaukee 3/8 one and its a game changer!!

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
I have the 3/8 milwaukee m12 fuel ratchet. The extended reach of the 3/8 is f**king epic for undoing a bolt thats balls deep in the engine bay if you can get it in. Its a good bit of kit, but you need to be careful not to overtighten small fixings with it.

On the larger stuff, m8 and up its grand though. Its ideal for stripping stuff down, but cant beat the feel of using a normal ratchet or torque wrench for tightening fasteners up, as you can feel when its right saving the thread or a snapped bolt.

One complaint i have with it, i had the ratchet slip when cracking a semi tight bolt off manually which is supposed to be ok to do. Monitoring it as it will be going back for repair if it does it again.

Last edited:

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I have the 3/8 milwaukee m12 fuel ratchet. Its a good bit of kit, but you need to be careful not to overtighten small fixings with it.

On the larger stuff, m8 and up its grand though. Its ideal for stripping stuff down, but cant beat the feel of using a normal ratchet or torque wrench for tightening fasteners up, as you can feel when its right saving the thread or a snapped bolt.

Yeah going full whack on an M6 bolt once and it sheared the c**t straight off 😂

They've just announced the smaller headed versions over in America but it'll be a while before we get them. @dann2707 was ahead of the times with his modification.

340i
M12 multi tool ordered.

Been ankering after one for ages and have deliberated over that and the M18 version for more than I care to admit 😂. Figured the lighter and slimmer m12 would be nicer for small and tight areas

Which one did you go for?.... Currently looking at them, with PTM doing 10% it's swung me 😅

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Ratchets mainly
Okay, if it was me personally I'd get the 3/8 ratchet purely because the majority of my sockets are in that size.

This is one of the cheapest prices for it.

If you need batteries too, the 2ah batteries are fine but just make sure you get the quick charger. If you look around there might be a package deal for them.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Okay, if it was me personally I'd get the 3/8 ratchet purely because the majority of my sockets are in that size.

This is one of the cheapest prices for it.

If you need batteries too, the 2ah batteries are fine but just make sure you get the quick charger. If you look around there might be a package deal for them.

Great thanks, look spot on.