ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Tool Perverts

Grd85

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane RS
On a scale of 1-10, how well do you look after your gear?

Sounds like it could do with a blast out with an air line once a day/week.

admittedly not perfect care, but i can clean that sds in the morning and its choked up in the afternoon, tbf seems mad putting a recessed selector dial into the top of a tool like that. Don’t get me wrong the milwaukee is lovely stuff, perhaps my use is outside of there intended market of diy enthusiast / light professional. Im not hating on the stuff, perhaps just a bit disappointed with a couple of their tools considering how it gets overhyped. I have a couple of the m12-fid for light duties too, and tbh they are prob my favorite tool in the lineup. The framer is also excellent, if a bit too far on the heavy side for all day use.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds to me like you need to invest in a Milwaukee M18 hoover and the extractor bit for the SDS

And some IP rated Packout boxes

200.gif

Grd85

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane RS
Sounds to me like you need to invest in a Milwaukee M18 hoover and the extractor bit for the SDS

And some IP rated Packout boxes

View attachment 1609546

Pfft no time for that when you’re on a price something gets sacrificed along the way i’m afraid. No time to be playing about with hoovers and fancy boxes all day bud 😆

This is just silly placement in fairness.
DEBD4181-F601-4D38-A04C-0E628741115F.jpeg

and wtf can u do with the recip (sorry, “Sawzall”) blade lever 🙄

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
You say you can't price an extra 30 mins into a job but yet you are, pricing up a new SDS at £250+ 😂

What's the standard of your work like if you don't care about breaking a £300 SDS 👀

Grd85

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane RS
You say you can't price an extra 30 mins into a job but yet you are, pricing up a new SDS at £250+ 😂

What's the standard of your work like if you don't care about breaking a £300 SDS 👀

Now thats a whole different question. Its effective but not pretty. I need to be home for my 130pm nap time.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
admittedly not perfect care, but i can clean that sds in the morning and its choked up in the afternoon, tbf seems mad putting a recessed selector dial into the top of a tool like that. Don’t get me wrong the milwaukee is lovely stuff, perhaps my use is outside of there intended market of diy enthusiast / light professional. Im not hating on the stuff, perhaps just a bit disappointed with a couple of their tools considering how it gets overhyped. I have a couple of the m12-fid for light duties too, and tbh they are prob my favorite tool in the lineup. The framer is also excellent, if a bit too far on the heavy side for all day use.

So the question is, what can you buy that's better for the same money?

Matika?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Hilti or Metabo possibly better, but not the same money

So not the same thing then? You're moaning about a tool at one price point, and your only solution is one that costs alot more?

Maybe the job you do just needs the best of the best?

Grd85

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane RS
So not the same thing then? You're moaning about a tool at one price point, and your only solution is one that costs alot more?

Kinda sounds like you bought the wrong tool for the job?

Id say giving an experience based review isn’t moaning, you dont need to take an attack on the brand so personally.

Well evidently so since they cant hack a full day of actual usage without highlighting easily avoidable design flaws. They are pretty though eh?

Reactions: Pep

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Dunno mate, but you take a several hundred pound tool and manage to ruin it in a single day, I'm gunna wonder if maybe it's the user that's at fault?

Grd85

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane RS
Dunno mate, but you take a several hundred pound tool and manage to ruin it in a single day, I'm gunna wonder if maybe it's the user that's at fault?

I think you’ve got the wrong end of the stick pal. Was fine first few months, call it an accumulation of usage. Same goes for the recip, chargers, and the haywire trigger on the impact driver. Prior to kitting out with the milwaukee fuel i had makita lxt brushed stuff, which i ran for 10 years and only ever had a few battery issues which makita replaced under warranty in the early days. So you can imagine my disappointment changing brands and running into issues not encountered previously. But maybe it is user fault - i haven’t taken enough pics of them resting cozy in the garage eh 😉

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
I use milwaukee everyday gets covered in oild grease dirt mud rain and all sorts of other crap and never had an issue with any of mine other than 2 chargers getting filled with grinding sparks and f**king them up but they're only something like £20

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
I need some advice from all you perverts, I am looking to get myself an impact wrench (should have bought one years ago) and as much as I love the look of the Milwaukee stuff I already own multiple Makita 18v batteries/chargers so it seems the most sensible(cheapest) way to go.

I have looked at their cheapest offerings but they don’t have a massive Nm rating and a few youtube videos suggest they lack enough grunt and I want it to be powerful enough to do most things on a car. So I have narrowed it down to the two below, I think the “lesser” model DTW300 is going to be plenty enough for what I am looking to do and also it looks to be slightly more compact then the DTW700 which should mean it is more usable to tight spots. The DTW300 is always quite a bit cheaper. £144 vs £225

Any thoughts? Is it really necessary to go for something with 1000Nm of “nut busting torque” for general car maintenance or will 580Nm do me fine?

1663753340687.png

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
Go for the bigger one, you'll only kick yourself if you don't

This always go for the bigger one as you will end up using it for stuff that you didnt plan for because you have it

Go for the DTW700Z

Ok guys, point taken, bigger is always better!

Next question then is do I pay an extra £14 for the Detent Pin version (DTW701Z) over the one with the "Hod ring", I have only ever used detent pin wrenches and feel this is quite useful?

1663769528808.png

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Ok guys, point taken, bigger is always better!

Next question then is do I pay an extra £14 for the Detent Pin version (DTW701Z) over the one with the "Hod ring", I have only ever used detent pin wrenches and feel this is quite useful?

View attachment 1612879
I never go for pin detent and sometimes you need to press it in with something pointy to release the socket. The friction hog ring you can usually just pull with standard force.

I'd only ever use pin detent if I was working high above ground where dropping it would have severe consequences

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
Yup hog ring only down side is after a while they wear and will drop the socket off but much less cunting about trying to get sockets off the end

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
Adding to the lathe content. Been restoring this on and off since Feb. Considering its from the late 40s, it was in pretty good nick.

20220825_195034.jpg