ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Tool Perverts

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
Mine came
IMG_20220803_195716.jpg

clio_ross

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
@Louis

it’s from a set of 3 from Toolstation; a bargain at £2.66

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Why do Milwaukee put a shiny background on the QR code, and also make it really tiny. It makes it so difficult to scan when registering the warranties.

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
Why do Milwaukee put a shiny background on the QR code, and also make it really tiny. It makes it so difficult to scan when registering the warranties.
f**k knows mine never seem to scan and i have to put in the code manually

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member

Gents, I’ve finally succumbed to the pressure of moving over to team red.

Starting off with something to buzz wheels off and the odd top mount and the like.

Firstly.. is this the route to go or spend a bit more and go 18v? And is this about the cheapest you guys know?

Ideally I’d like to get the 3/8 ratchet and the tyre inflator too down the line.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
@Louis

it’s from a set of 3 from Toolstation; a bargain at £2.66

Are they alright to use with the grinder?

Says max rpm is 4500.

Have to go easy on the trigger or just full send?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Starting off with something to buzz wheels off and the odd top mount and the like.

Firstly.. is this the route to go or spend a bit more and go 18v? And is this about the cheapest you guys know?

Ideally I’d like to get the 3/8 ratchet and the tyre inflator too down the line.
Shop around, for example - https://www.powertoolworld.co.uk/mi...pKDwrydJWUCwnY8fz6eb1d7x7LmssjUgaAsgkEALw_wcB

Power tool mate often do 10% off codes too, people in here will shout about them and then we all buy stuff we probably don't need.

You can just google the product codes to compare prices, the code after the '-', in this case 622X, usually means what is in the kit, 6ah 2ah etc, so you can just google the exact code to compare prices for most kits, the exception being when it's something thrown together by a retailer.

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various

Get the m18 gun you will use it more than you think when you realise how much it will do

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
Shop around, for example - https://www.powertoolworld.co.uk/mi...pKDwrydJWUCwnY8fz6eb1d7x7LmssjUgaAsgkEALw_wcB

Power tool mate often do 10% off codes too, people in here will shout about them and then we all buy stuff we probably don't need.

You can just google the product codes to compare prices, the code after the '-', in this case 622X, usually means what is in the kit, 6ah 2ah etc, so you can just google the exact code to compare prices for most kits, the exception being when it's something thrown together by a retailer.
Thanks man! I got it £168 is more than reasonable I’d even go as far to say it’s too cheap 😂 not looking forward to the 10% codes going I’ve got a habit of going down the slippery slope with tools.

clio_ross

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Are they alright to use with the grinder?

Says max rpm is 4500.

Have to go easy on the trigger or just full send?

haha, nice spot @JamesBryan, I didn’t even notice that 😂.

I bought them ages ago to use with my drill (pre-die grinder days) and I’ve just used the 25mm cup brush to clean up the hub mounting face fitting my RCK….at full send on setting 1of the die grinder.

It didn’t fall apart, but it’s certainly no longer 25mm diameter 😂

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Milwaukee battery to jump your car… just need some forks…

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Powertoolmate have got offers on batteries if it's any interest to some of you guys.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
@npt
200.gif

As I said in the DIY Fred yesterday, used the sds yesterday and f**k me it's absolutely mint. Goes through the brick like butter. One thing I really enjoyed was the anti vibration handle, my wrists felt absolutely fine afterwards. Using the combi drill on hammer mode leaves my wrist feeling like I'm 16 again

Grd85

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane RS
Interesting to see the massive hardons for milwaukee stuff in here. Im a joiner doing commercial price work so my tools see a LOT of use, i switched to all red gear last year and tbh a little disappointed. Chewed through 2 rapid chargers (they dont like dust or moisture), the sds has the mode selector on top which gets jammed with dust and debris so its a bastered switching between hammer drill / chisel, the recip blade lever is built into the side and again gets choked with s**t to the point u can barely get a blade out, and then when you do the next one wont stay in as the pin jams open. Oh and the impact driver has a mind of its own, almost always when you change directions, the next pull of the trigger continues in the previous direction until you release and go again. Or sometimes it just doesnt go at all and u need to re press the speed selector at the base.

Im sure its the bees knees for baller diy’ers or tradesmen doing private work (aka f**k all besides drinking tea, reading papers and scratching their arse) but hasn’t impressed in a high use environment tbh. Previous stuff was mostly Makita which tbh took the abuse very well, besides some dodgy batteries now and then. Shame because the Milwaukee stuff is very nice out of the box.

Not a big fan of dewalt handheld power tools but i do have the table saw, chop saw and track saw and they are decent.

Guy i work with on a lot of sites/projects swears by metabo hand power tools, maybe look into them next.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Interesting to see the massive hardons for milwaukee stuff in here. Im a joiner doing commercial price work so my tools see a LOT of use, i switched to all red gear last year and tbh a little disappointed. Chewed through 2 rapid chargers (they dont like dust or moisture), the sds has the mode selector on top which gets jammed with dust and debris so its a bastered switching between hammer drill / chisel, the recip blade lever is built into the side and again gets choked with s**t to the point u can barely get a blade out, and then when you do the next one wont stay in as the pin jams open. Oh and the impact driver has a mind of its own, almost always when you change directions, the next pull of the trigger continues in the previous direction until you release and go again. Or sometimes it just doesnt go at all and u need to re press the speed selector at the base.

Im sure its the bees knees for baller diy’ers or tradesmen doing private work (aka f**k all besides drinking tea, reading papers and scratching their arse) but hasn’t impressed in a high use environment tbh. Previous stuff was mostly Makita which tbh took the abuse very well, besides some dodgy batteries now and then. Shame because the Milwaukee stuff is very nice out of the box.

Not a big fan of dewalt handheld power tools but i do have the table saw, chop saw and track saw and they are decent.

Guy i work with on a lot of sites/projects swears by metabo hand power tools, maybe look into them next.

On a scale of 1-10, how well do you look after your gear?

Sounds like it could do with a blast out with an air line once a day/week.