ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Tool Perverts

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Quite a bit more torque on the mid-torque.

Stubby is around 300Nm I think, Mid-torque around 900.

Yeah I guess there is that.

Tho Iā€™ve got the 1/2 version and tbh I hardly ever use it.
The stubbyā€™s such a good tool, Iā€™m always impressed at how much power it has, cracked off some thread locked caliper bolts today no issues.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I guess there is that.

Tho Iā€™ve got the 1/2 version and tbh I hardly ever use it.
The stubbyā€™s such a good tool, Iā€™m always impressed at how much power it has, cracked off some thread locked caliper bolts today no issues.

Yeah the stubby is great.

The Gen 2 is going to make the big guns pretty much redundant for most car stuff šŸ˜‚

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Milwaukee M88ā€™s. A bargain at Ā£450.

IMG_5155.png

Flat Eric

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Is it bad that I googled if M88 was even a real thing before reacting to the post with a laughing emoji?!

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
Never thought of that. Any suggestions?

Also after a circular saw. Iā€™m team Milwaukee so is the standard fuel 165mm the one to go with?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Never thought of that. Any suggestions?

Also after a circular saw. Iā€™m team Milwaukee so is the standard fuel 165mm the one to go with?
I have a milwaukee 18v, no problems with a good blade.. It can drain a knackered battery in 0.00001 of a second tho.

I'd get anything with a good blade though.. a rafter square is a good guide, but if it works on a track it's a bonus.

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
Thanks guys. Double bevel evolution in the basket.

Which Milwaukee? Thereā€™s a good few to choose from. I usually take time comparing models and generations but this is a little last minute.
Just need it as a good all rounder. I donā€™t mind spending a bit more if itā€™s worth it as with the mitre above. Iā€™ll be cutting 18mm ply with it this time round but anything could happen in future.
Is there a trade off between cutting depth and manoeuvrability? Potential for a track would be nice.
I remember @dann2707 bought two different ones?

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks guys. Double bevel evolution in the basket.

Which Milwaukee? Thereā€™s a good few to choose from. I usually take time comparing models and generations but this is a little last minute.
Just need it as a good all rounder. I donā€™t mind spending a bit more if itā€™s worth it as with the mitre above. Iā€™ll be cutting 18mm ply with it this time round but anything could happen in future.
Is there a trade off between cutting depth and manoeuvrability? Potential for a track would be nice.
I remember @dann2707 bought two different ones?
Yes mate

I've got the rear handled one which has a f**k load of power, it's immense but it's pretty hefty and is a two handed job really cos of the weight distribution

I think this is the one that looks like a good all rounder and you can get adapters for tracks (can probably 3d print you one tbh!)

I've got the plunge/track saw too and it's f**king awesome.not sure if it can be used as a regular circular saw though but by far one of my favourite tools to use

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
Yes mate

I've got the rear handled one which has a f**k load of power, it's immense but it's pretty hefty and is a two handed job really cos of the weight distribution

I think this is the one that looks like a good all rounder and you can get adapters for tracks (can probably 3d print you one tbh!)

I've got the plunge/track saw too and it's f**king awesome.not sure if it can be used as a regular circular saw though but by far one of my favourite tools to use
Thanks mate. Havenā€™t bought the red one yet, got the evolution today though. Went for the double bevel as suggested above. Plunge saw looks epic! Appreciate the offer for the track adapter, may take you up on it if I get a track.
Is it just the plunge and rear handle that fit track?

Iā€™m curious about the other models now so Iā€™m down the rabbit hole of research. Most blades you see are 165 so that would make me assume theyā€™re most common.
Thereā€™s no f in the model code for the 165mm linked so Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s an old model or not brushless fuel. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Also the 150mm cuts to 57mm and looks a newer gen, 165 only cuts to 55mm
Over thinkers post