ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pre FCS - Silver Phase 1 - 172 Detail

106 GTi
Adam (acrebo) travelled all the way up to mine for a PC'ing on his 172 today. 120 odd miles all the way up from Exeter, to try and get it prepared for the FCS.

He clayed the car the other week. Paint was in good shape, no real swirl marks, odd marks here and there, so plan was to clean it up and increase gloss and seal.

Wash - Halfords own (No point using the good stuff before a Polish!)
Dry - Pakshak Waffle Weaves.
Swirl Removal - Poorboys SSR 2.5 and Light Cut Pad by PC.
Polish - Optimum Polish and Polishing Pad by PC.
Seal - Optimum Car Wax
Glass - Normal glass cleaner.
Tyres - Autoglym Rubber Plus.

Did not realise how bright a silver it is, made my 306 silver look dark and dull. Think Adam was happy.

Pics on my site, and a few to follow.

http://www.richtreen.co.uk/images/adam172/index.html

Cheers

Rich

IMG_9596.jpg

106 GTi
Cheers Ben, as details go the paint being clayed and being quite swirl free it was not to bad to do. About 5 hours in total including the sunday lunch break.

As father and son....
oh i love the 182 in the garage. looks so mean easing out from the shadows "Gerrof my drive you SLAAAAAAAAAAG" :p

106 GTi
Hotshot said:
oh i love the 182 in the garage. looks so mean easing out from the shadows "Gerrof my drive you SLAAAAAAAAAAG" :p

Cheers Guys

LOL My old chap reckon they where going to make babies!

BMW E46 330i Touring
Lol, cheers again Rich, it's a shame the sun wouldn't open up properly to really catch the flake, but we both know that it glistened!

If you could give me the link to the sealant as well mate, it's raining here now and I'm very impressed by the beading!

Top stuff! :)