ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem with Powerflex Dogbone Mount

Arctic Blue 182FF
So today I thought I would crack on with fitting my new mount.
So got the old ones out no trouble, and put the smaller powerflex one in okay too.

Now my issues came with the bigger one.
At first I thought it was the wrong one, but I double checked the codes and I had got the right one.
So I tried to put them in by hand and it just wasnt working.

4f042dd8-1.jpg

So i ended up doing this^ cutting the edge off with a hacksaw, but they still dont fit!!

Anybody able to give me some tips, and also whether i would still be able to use the mount in its current state?

clio 172
jou must hammer out that alu circle. then it should go. or somehow push it out. that was ment to hold in original rubber, you dont need it now. :)

Arctic Blue 182FF
Bit of confusion...
I have got both the old rubbers out, but the issue is getting the new powerflex one in... it just doesnt seem to fit? any tips or techniques to get it in?

Arctic Blue 182FF
Thats what I have done, removed everything in the middle as well as sawing off the ring around it, what else do i have to do?

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing, the new bush should just push in. I did mine with my hands and its been fine. Like has been said above, remove that metal collar and the new bush should fit in no problem.

02 Iceberg 172
Thats what I have done, removed everything in the middle as well as sawing off the ring around it, what else do i have to do?

You need to REMOVE the thin aluminium ring completely from the mount, not just saw off the part of the ring that protrudes - if you don't remove it the internal diameter of the opening will be too small for the powerflex part to go in. And even then it's still a tight fit...

Put a hack saw through the hole by removing the blade, cut through the thin metal ring and then force a screw driver under it till it lifts out. Then it should slide in, never heard anyone using a mechanical press to fit these lol