ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project #56; Clio Trophy

Good idea Neil.

Glad to see you're enjoying the car, those seats will be lovely in the car. Can't wait to see this on track, where it should be!

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Will look awesome with those seat in :) Unless you're in need of the cash from selling the standard recaros I'd keep them (hears everyone who wanted to buy them telling me to shut up lol)

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Good idea Neil.

Glad to see you're enjoying the car, those seats will be lovely in the car. Can't wait to see this on track, where it should be!

Cheers Jon , I really am looking forward to getting on track with it, Quick Q did you ever change the Brake fluid?

Will look awesome with those seat in :) Unless you're in need of the cash from selling the standard recaros I'd keep them (hears everyone who wanted to buy them telling me to shut up lol)

No keith don't need the cash but then again can't see me selling this car back in standard guise, once my loan is cleared then this car will turn into a toy for track days and messing about with, It is after all a Clio with 105K on the clock, can't imagine it will be worth much if ever decide to get rid anyway so might aswell make some decent money on the seats and plough it back into the 2118's I'm after...

Cheers Jon , I really am looking forward to getting on track with it, Quick Q did you ever change the Brake fluid?

I personally didn't however the previous owner had braided lines on it, and the garage I bought it from took them off, so would have bled the system again.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Right thought Id Give this an Update..

Car goes into Freds Tomorrow hopefully, so few things should be getting sorted in preparation for Llandow..

List so far is

12K service
Mount Recaros and fabricate them to runners etc
Fit Yanoo stiff shift
Sort out exhaust blow from Cat Joint
Possibly New brake lines if fred has some stock
+ General going over (which is always dangerous with fred, he finds everything!)

2118's should be arriving tomorrow also, so need to make a decision regarding the colour keep them gold for spray them up anthracite???

Then all I need to do is order a new sabelt wheel + boss and sort out mounting all the harnesses up!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Right thought Id Give this an Update..

Car goes into Freds Tomorrow hopefully, so few things should be getting sorted in preparation for Llandow..

List so far is

12K service
Mount Recaros and fabricate them to runners etc
Fit Yanoo stiff shift
Sort out exhaust blow from Cat Joint
Possibly New brake lines if fred has some stock
+ General going over (which is always dangerous with fred, he finds everything!)

2118's should be arriving tomorrow also, so need to make a decision regarding the colour keep them gold for spray them up anthracite???

Then all I need to do is order a new sabelt wheel + boss and sort out mounting all the harnesses up!
Just stay away from mine... I've taken a FULL inventory and will know if something's gone missing... ;)

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Just stay away from mine... I've taken a FULL inventory and will know if something's gone missing... ;)

lol i did have a mooch around it a few days ago was looking forward to looking at the engine bay but of course there was nowt in there lol

Good stuff Neil.

What offset are the 2118's?

ET38 I do believe so should hopefully negate the need for spacers! looking forward to see what Hankook RS2's are capable of..

Keep them gold! They'll look mint.

Can you PM the end of the VIN number? I got a letter from Renault about the bonnet catch recall. If it matches I'll forward the letter to you so you can get it done if you want.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Keep them gold! They'll look mint.

Can you PM the end of the VIN number? I got a letter from Renault about the bonnet catch recall. If it matches I'll forward the letter to you so you can get it done if you want.

Im not sure Jon I'm rather torn in the pics the wheels look mint so would be a shame to go over that finish i suppose..

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
If theyre the 2118s that steviant had off me, they were powdercoated in an Aston Martin bodyshop & the finish is very good. Tom@JMS had them done by Ollie82 at his old work for the racecar.

Black Gold 182
Had the day off today so thought I'd get on with a few things.

I had a knocking from my suspension after refitting the dampers, after a self diagnosis it was the CV Joint meaning I'm in need of a new N/S driveshaft. So I'm off to Birchdown on my birthday to get it changed along with gearbox oil.

Video of the knocking:

Hi mate, with that noise did you find any vibrations at a certain speed as i'm hearing similar noises and getting bad vibrations?

Cheers Rob

Last edited by a moderator:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Great list mate, let me know how the yanoo kit goes, i'll get mine done soon.

Oh and 2118's are Anthracite or nothing. ;)

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Great list mate, let me know how the yanoo kit goes, i'll get mine done soon.

Will do dude luckily Fred has fitted one before so I don't have to try and fathom how it goes together all looks quite fiddily!

Don't start on the colour! I really want anthracite tbh but will be such a waste of a good finish lol

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

They do look nice tbh.

DSC_0111.jpg

Although hand on heart, having had both (along with PR1.2's, PR1.3s, Valver wheels, OZ F1's & TSW Venoms), i still prefer the look of the Turinis.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Looks epic tbh!

did you get any pics with the gold wheels on your trophy dave?

Never actually got them fitted im afraid, bought them solely for Llandow, then it was so wet i didnt bother fitting them :dapprove:

Did anthracite:
DSC03815.jpg

Then Nick did white(ish):
IMG_2343.jpg

For whats its worth, i think they would have looked lovely, although i did have a habit of doing things just to go against the grain.

Cliotrophy forum had a burning effigy of me iirc.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
They look so good in gold, it would be a shame to have them refurbed in a different colour. I would liked to have bought these, but already have two sets of 2118s.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
They look so good in gold, it would be a shame to have them refurbed in a different colour. I would liked to have bought these, but already have two sets of 2118s.

If you respray a mint set of wheels, I'll come round and shoot you.

After all, they're track wheels, right?

Im gonna give them a chance in Gold I think, can't promise they'll stay that way but for now it would be silly to ruin such a good finish with a DIY rattle can job...

and yes Jon just for track days ATM until i fall in love with how they look on the car then you never know lol

Awesome, I'm only really saying it because I REALLY want to see how good they look on the car.

Have you got any springs, or are they going on the standard setup?

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome, I'm only really saying it because I REALLY want to see how good they look on the car.

Have you got any springs, or are they going on the standard setup?

Standard (aka 4x4 height) for Llandow after that I'm not sure, Want to see what the car is like in standardish form until I decide to start messing with suspension etc

If I like It then cooksports might go on to loose some of the arch gap

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Pretty sure the dampers are unpinned btw.

Might be wise to ask Sam@btm what setting is a good starting point for track.

ye I've had a quick chat already with him and indeed the dampers are unpinned so can tweak in on the day with the advice of a few people there hopefully, anybody know how many clicks are on the sachs from full soft to full stiff?

They are bloody mint mate!

Cheers dude they've deffo had a very good refurb job on them, there immaculate!

ye I've had a quick chat already with him and indeed the dampers are unpinned so can tweak in on the day with the advice of a few people there hopefully, anybody know how many clicks are on the sachs from full soft to full stiff?

43 If I'm not mistaken. They should both have yellow markings that line up, So you know when they are in the middle. 21/22 clicks in.

You can see what I mean here:

IMG_0929.jpg

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Ye there still on the yellow markers ATM Jon

So basically BG mark them up as half way as a good road compromise? Ill start off leaving well alone then look at possibly increasing the stiffness later on in the day

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Ye there still on the yellow markers ATM Jon

So basically BG mark them up as half way as a good road compromise? Ill start off leaving well alone then look at possibly increasing the stiffness later on in the day

Yep that's right mate. Same position as what Renault had them at as far as I know.
^ This. 22 clicks in is standard and how BG set them up after refurb and unpin.