ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project #56; Clio Trophy

Cheers dude! Yeah mate, I'll be there.

You going for a 330?

Not sure mate. When the T goes I'll be getting a cheap auto, sub 1k. Then see how things go. If it turns out I'm going to need one for a while I'm going to buy something a bit nicer, possibly a 3/5/7 series.

It all depends on how I'm feeling and what I need.

I've now taken a deposit on the car. Happy that its staying of the forum, New owner should be collecting it this week.

Thanks for all the interest.

Shame to see it go, I realised today we should have done a proper photoshoot with just both the Trophys! :dapprove:

So, before Neil picked up the Trophy this morning I decided to get some last pictures. Gave it one last wash yesterday and the Zymol Carbon and Z2 were still working :)

8315833196_8d96be8350_z.jpg

GL05 AHD - Trophy by Jon Garrett, on Flickr

8314779561_3a78254271_z.jpg

GL05 AHD - Trophy by Jon Garrett, on Flickr

8315830766_087c780ce3_z.jpg

Trophy Mileage by Jon Garrett, on Flickr

Happy that the car is still staying on the forum and in good hands, I know Neil will do it justice.

Already been looking at a few new cars, so I'll see what takes my fancy.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Thought id Keep this thread up to date Rather than starting a whole thread on the same car (If you don't mind Jon)

Been getting on for nearly a month of owning the 0056 I've covered a Grand total of 291miles since acquiring it, Its quite difficult for me to form a proper opinion on the car as with all the snow and stuff as I've very rarely had a chance to give it death! On the one occasion I managed to get some time to go for a quick blast I was very impressed with the way this thing goes around corners! All the work Jon has put into the front end refresh was defiantly worth it..

Future plans for the Trophy during my ownership equals one thing and thats Trackdays! Haven't done one since owning the R26 and I really do miss it, and now I finally have a car that Im not terrified of Bending on track, yes it wouldn't be a nice thing to do but at least it wouldn't finically cripple me!

So I'm working towards The BurpSpeed Llandow being the first one of the year..

3 Main requirements for me before that date arrives are:

Seats + Harnesses
New Sabelt Wheel
15" 2118's + Track Tyres

+ a few odds and sods to keep up with maintenance etc

With That in mind Scutch Kindly Relieved me of a large sum of money and In return is currently posting me these lovely pair

DSC03154Large_zpsbfcc98a1.jpg

DSC03163Large_zps839d8df3.jpg

Simply Cannot wait to get these in the car and try them out, Every single track car I've been out in with decent bucket seats has blown me away don't think theres any substitute for feeling properly tucked into a decent seat on track..

Next up is a quick once over from Fred and a tidy up of a few small issues mainly exhaust mounts..

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Still got the Trendlines Neil?

yes mate haven't even received the SPGS yet! Unsure what to actually do with the treadlines, there's a strong market for them but then ill never get them back once they've gone!

Good idea in keeping this thread going.

Seats are larvly!

indeed makes sense keeping this going, especially with all the work Jon put into this car..

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Excellent buy mate, great little car with loads of attention spent on it. Those seats are just going to be stunning in the Trophy! Show me up why don't you! :eek:

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Might have them off you possibly.

okay dude ill keep you in mind when I decide what I wanna do with them..

Excellent buy mate, great little car with loads of attention spent on it. Those seats are just going to be stunning in the Trophy! Show me up why don't you! :eek:

Lol I can only imagine yours will be of a very decent standard! You actually got one yet or still searching?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
okay dude ill keep you in mind when I decide what I wanna do with them..

Lol I can only imagine yours will be of a very decent standard! You actually got one yet or still searching?

Ask me again on Sunday. :eek:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
cheers dude! might have to nip in freds and have a mooch around yours!
Hey, smooch away mate... as long as Fred doesn't mind! There's not much to see really (well, not yet anyway!) :D As you already have the Trophy at least you won't be trying to take the seats, spoiler and alloys like some vultures I could mention... LOL!