ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project #56; Clio Trophy

Didn't have to quote it all you ape!

Yeah, it was on the drivers side this time! I've check the ARB, Ball joints, Track rod ends. everything is tight. The steering rack does have some play so I could be down to that tbh.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
AHA! I thought I had deleted it, clearly not, edited it now though to make your thread tidy :)

Hope you sort it though. Haven't seen it in person since you came to mine. I'm getting rid shortly. Got a dci 80 lined up hopefully.

Awesome, Just had some fantastic news too which means the Trophy will hopefully be covering less miles and I'll be earning a hell of a lot more than what I currently am!

When you thinking of getting the dci?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
As soon as my insurance claim comes through or I can sell this one. Need to get my arse in gear. And im assuming new job and company car...you b*****d. Drop me a text ;)

Right so thought I'd make a list of what I plan to do to the car over the next year or so.

• RS192 Exhuast - Bought
  • Polybush ARB
  • Polybush Wishbones
  • Refurbish the wheels and include speedline decals to them
  • 3 or 4 point harnesses
  • Smaller steering wheel
  • Michelin PS3's all round
  • 1*2 Xenons
  • Whiteline Rear ARB
  • Mark Fish or Eibach Springs
  • Rear SACH dampers or Koni's from Mark Fish
  • Brembo HC's and DS2500's + OEM Rear Setup
  • PAS Pump replaced
  • Major service (cambelt, aux, dephaser)

I'll do the bits as they need doing etc. First things on my list are the exhaust (which i've bought) and the polybush's which I'll get later in the month.

RS192 came yesterday, With some gentle persuasion and help from Ed It was fitted in around 4hours. I didn't have any proper tools to cut the standard exhaust so it had to come out in one piece. This meant the rear bumper, arch liners, exhuast mounts, rear shocks and springs all had to come off! Bloody effort!

Gave it two coats of FK1000p sealant just to help keep dirt off, not sure how long this will last but its better than nothing.

SDC18326.jpg

Here it is before:
SDC18327.jpg

Old exhaust off in one piece:
SDC18329.jpg

After:
SDC18328.jpg

SDC18331.jpg

SDC18332.jpg

Looks much better, needs a bit more aligning and it will be perfect. Also sounds a million times better than my haggered old system! I'll get some videos up soon.

e92 330i
lol detailing the exhaust, as you do! looks very very nice mate, fills the rear bumper 1000x's better then the standard one! watch mpg go down now as you'll get addicted to the sound!

lol detailing the exhaust, as you do! looks very very nice mate, fills the rear bumper 1000x's better then the standard one! watch mpg go down now as you'll get addicted to the sound!

I don't think it could go much lower TBH. I'm hoping because its all sealant and better flowing the MPG's will go up.

Just being hopeful though.

R60 CUP
lol looking well good john thank god you finally got that on so it no longer sounds like a tin can when it accelerates haha cny belive u went through all that to take off the exhaust why didnt u bell me i have the tools to cut the exhaust

lol looking well good john thank god you finally got that on so it no longer sounds like a tin can when it accelerates haha cny belive u went through all that to take off the exhaust why didnt u bell me i have the tools to cut the exhaust

Never thought tbh. It only started with the bumper, then everything else started to come apart slowly! ha.

Does sound sooooo much better now!

loooks epic, i did exactly the same when taking my old exhaust off so i could sell it on. keep the updates coming ;)

Lol, I'm going to see if anyone wants it. Put it on ebay etc if not it'll get weighed in for a few pennies. I don't want it and It'll never be put back on the car again.

That looks immense, looks so much more purposeful from the rear now. Will have to come to a meet soon to hear it.

You. Come to a Meet. Nahhhh :p

Homo spec mazda
Awesome stuff Jon, It must sound better then A) My car and B) your car when you took off from the campsite that saturday night.

Sorted out one of the back boxes hanging too far down, Filled the hanger with loads of silicone overnight and a couple of cable ties has pulled it into place. I'll look for a more permanent solution though!

One for Jonff, who criticized sealing my exhaust, It may be dirtyish but its beading ;)

SDC18333.jpg

Now it now sits:
SDC18334.jpg

SDC18338.jpg

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Jon, that looks right. It blends in nicely with bumper cutouts. I think it is designed that way.
I'm not sure it needs to stick out any more.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
nice choice of mods there jon. i want i want! :)

you mentioned you getting harnesses. are you stripping the car out or keeping the rear seats in and having the 3rd point going through the rear bench?

nice choice of mods there jon. i want i want! :)

you mentioned you getting harnesses. are you stripping the car out or keeping the rear seats in and having the 3rd point going through the rear bench?

Not sure yet. Depends how much I'll be using the car when I start this new job.

I did like the way you had done yours though! Is it in your project thread how you've done it?