ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project #56; Clio Trophy

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
i fed the rear one through the rear bench then under the isofix bar mountings and then bolted the isofix bar on top as one, that way they dont hook back on themselves like i had it before.

Just fixed a couple more things, interior boot light wasn't working and the number plate light as well. Looks like the cable are just shoddy and very temperamental. Interior light was easy, simple a bit of glue to hold the connector in place. The number plate light had me baffled as I checked everything and wouldn't work. Spoke to my dad about it (baring in mind he knows nothing about cars/electrics or anything really) He had a look at it and magically it started working, neither us have any idea what we had done, but meh it works now! Saves me some £££ and will now pass an MOT :D

Productive day ha!

Not done much in the past month really. A group of us organised a RR day at TDI North, which was a total waste of time TBH. All the clio's that were ran seemed to over read massively.

Anyway this is it:
dyno.jpg

and the list of other cars:
SDC18418.jpg

One on the rollers:
6247398582_79ce53c520_b.jpg

I'm not even going to think about what they messed up, but I'm organising an RR day at RSTuning next month. So hopefully I'll have some decent figures to relate to. I'm not chasing power, just generally want to know what, if any, increase's certain mods will do.

I got the chance to buy back my xenons that I had in my 1.2. Now they are odd colours but at the moment I'm not fussed, as I wanted better visibility at night as this it really the only time I drive the T. For the price I bought them back for, I couldn't say no.

Went up to blackpool yesterday to see Paul, promptly got home and got them fitted!
Front end before:
SDC18428.jpg

Half arsed bumper off job, left side is done, right still in. (left side is 4300k here)
SDC18429.jpg

It got dark, so popped out and got a few snaps on my phone as I forgot my camera.
Xenons off, the front end looks much more aggressive.
xenons-off.jpg

Then with the xenons in
xenons-on-close.jpg

I also got my 8000k bulbs back which I ran in the 1.2. Now after fitting them I think they look too blue and pretty crap, so I'm going to run them for a while and see, the 4300k's will probably go back in because I'm just not a fan of how blue they are. Looks Chav-tastic.

I've also been weighing up some carbon options for the new year.
I got a diamond from Jonff that was on his cup, but its gone yellow so I'll need to figure out what I can do to reduce the yellowness of it:
cf-badge.jpg

Streamline Carbon have also finished their CF-thumbgrips which I'll be ordering with a few other bits ;)
http://streamlinecarbon.com/v2/prod.../clio-2-rs-172182-steering-wheel-thumb-grips/
(Picture doesn't show them lacquered.)
clio-172-thumb-grips-1-dev..jpg

Coming along nicely now :D
sounds awesome aswell, hope you enjoyed your trip to the sea side haha

Yep, It was a nice day.

On a further note, I changed the Bulbs back to what were in before. Now I'm not 100% sure what temperature they actually are, they are labelled Osram, so thats all I know. They are a lot less blue which is what I was hoping for!

Gave the inside I nice details as well, ordered some Raceglaze Alcantara cleaner too along with some other bits so I'll get the seats cleaned this week and get some pictures up.

Hopefully some streamline carbon goodness too ;)

Got my order from Elite Car Care though, with the following goodies; RaceGlaze Alcantara cleaner + Leather brush, Foam Applicator and Generic MF Cloth.

SDC18447.jpg

Set out too work on the seats, before:
Drivers Side:
SDC18462.jpg

SDC18463.jpg

Passenger Side:
SDC18464.jpg

SDC18465.jpg

Sprayed the seats with the cleaner and left to dwell for a few minutes before wiping with the MF and the hoovering the seats.

Drivers side after:
SDC18466.jpg

SDC18467.jpg

Passenger side after:
SDC18469.jpg

SDC18468.jpg

Impressions are its good and does get rid of some of the ground in dirt on the seats, however It looks like the drivers is more worn than covered in dirt. Its as good as it can be after 96k!

Gave the car another was with my Zaino shampoo, which is brilliant! Also gave the car another layer of Zymol Carbon as I forgot to order something more suitable for winter. Before I applied another layer, the car beaded and sheeted really well just after washing the dirt off. Durability is still pretty good but the Gloss seemed to have gone as it was about 2 months ago since I last put any on!

Also swapped my standard airbox back instead of the ph1 box as it was rattling around and annoying me, however when removing it looks like it might not have been that and is something else, ie upper gearbox mount. But I'll inspect that tomorrow as I'm taking the Xenons back out. After 2 weeks I found them to be no better than the standard halogens that are in the T and I actually think the halogens suit the front end of the T.

That's it for now.

Xenon's are back out and have been sold. I ended up technically swapping them for a mint set of halogens with 0 UV crazing or scratching on them with a set of brand new Osram Nightbreaker bulbs in them. The new halogens had Werkstat applied to them go give a good base to the two coats of Zymol Carbon. They are uber clean and tidy now.

Driving at night is so so so much better than with the xenon's. Xenon's look good but the halogens completely out preform the xenons with light spread.

When at oulton park a couple of weeks ago, I weighed the car with half a tank of fuel. 1076 Which sounds right to me!

SDC18454.jpg

I'll be ordering a few smaller bits this week that I've been meaning to get for a while.

Read start to finish :D Love your attention to detail, also desperately need to get my RS192 seated like yours...

I'm actually surprised that its lasted so long in the current place. When the system gets warm as well, the tailpipes stick out a bit further and show off the scorpion logo :cool: Perfect fitment TBH.

Mine has two bits of copper plumbing pipe in the mounts and it is progressively getting lower and sticking out further lol... No idea why or how!! Time to get the silicone out and refit I think, but far too cold atm!

Mine has two bits of copper plumbing pipe in the mounts and it is progressively getting lower and sticking out further lol... No idea why or how!! Time to get the silicone out and refit I think, but far too cold atm!

Not sure if I mentioned, but I found it resonated far too much with the seat post in mine. The silcone will do a decent job but it will start to sag again, I put a cable tie going around the beam that connects the tailpipes going up to the exhuast mount on the right hand side and makes it fit perfect. The left side was always fine, but the right side would always sag more.

^ Haha, thanks for the heads up! Mine currently sits a little wonky from cold and when it heats up it just exaggerates the "wonk".

Quick update, Been over at RSTuning today to have it on the RR.

Did 2 separate runs one with the Ph1/v6 box the other with the ph2 airbox. There's no difference in it, Ph1 airbox has less low down torque but 1 bhp more vs the Ph2. So the Ph2 is back on.

Car made: 178.5bhp < Ph2 setup

and 179.6bhp < PH1 Setup

Also found out the car has a map on it, no idea what map but it revs to 7.5k

Figures are with the above map and a decat back scorpion rs192.

Very interesting results :) Proves renault keep tweeking the car throughout it's live even to tiny details I guess

Oh yeah, Hardly anything in it. Wouldn't read much into it though as its so close. But I'd rather sell the Ph1 box and put the standard back on knowing there's nothing there power wise.

I'll get the graphs up tomorrow.

Just thought, maybe a new filter in the ph1 box would have been better for it, as that one did look fooked tbh!

For about .00000000001 of a horsepower you might as well! What mpg is this getting btw? Mine is awful. :dapprove:

Average about 31MPG. Thats driving properly as well. I can see higher on longer drivers cruising, say high 30's but nothing like I've seen from others. I believe the pre-cat lambda sensor is causing it to overfuel. As the exhuast is always black.

Mine's always black but Paul didn't mention anything today about overfuelling... he just said there's a point where it's running lean at low revs which could be improved, but that was all. That map I'm about to load on it should sort it ;)