ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Cup

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
As some of you may know i sold the 197 a few weeks ago. Basically only used it to and from the gf's, so was a bit of a waste sat outside the house all week, with having a van for work etc. So after some thought, decided to sell up :(. First thoughts were to sell it, get a phase 1, and pocket the rest.............. Anyway, after geting the 197 cash in my hand and looking through the for sale section found this

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=460941

Used to have a cup a few years ago, the pull was too great lol. So viewed the car, nice and original, only thing was a broken front spring, so adjusted the price to suit ;). Drove it away that day lol.

Some pics when we got it down to Birchdown HQ for a nose over it.............

newcup3.jpg

newcup2.jpg

newcup1.jpg

newcup5.jpg

So, the fun begins lol. Car was fitted with a Ketc stealth, which imo are far to noisy/boomy for my ghey ears. Having a good nose around the car, got kev steve on the case of ordering loads of new bits to keep it gazkev fresh..... This includes,

New o.e exhaust system
x2 clear sider repeaters
New gear knob
RS mats
Hazard switch

So with all them on order, my job was to sort out the broken spring. Renault wanted £120 ish just for x1 cup spring. So with some searching on here found some of these,

newcup6.jpg

Prolines. Win all round! Major thanks to 16v off here :)

So last weekend, kev steve got cracking with fitting the o.e exhaust and springs. Also sourced got some new plates, to rid it of the dealer stamp

Pics below, new side repeaters, springs and exhaust fitted,
DSC04595.jpg

DSC04590.jpg

DSC04591.jpg

DSC04593.jpg

That was last weekend. Now being a ebay bargain wh0re, bought a few bits.....

This came thursday,

decat.jpg

Worked well on my last cup with the standard system, i'll hassle Steve to fit this in the near future lol

Today (no pics)
Steve did a full coolant flush, and gbox oil change. So, another job off the list.

More to come in the next few weeks :)

Big thanks to Steve from birchdown, hero tbh!

Gaz

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
loads!

I am supposed to not be spending money lol. Coilovers, wheel refurb come spring, new steeing wheel. Also needs a dephaser pulley, so another job for steve lol.

Also a major PC/detail session over christmas methinks

This was my old one, going to try and get the exterior as mint.

cup1206023-1.jpg

cup1206008.jpg

Gaz

Mondeo TDCI 130
It's a good one tbh!!! Even though it is meaning work!! ;)

You should have seen him wet drying the roof lining last weekend!! class!!!! drippy drippy!

Mondeo TDCI 130
he has......makes me want to cry tbfh! kev kev i have eibachs, fitted, 2 days later, kev kev i think i am buying some H&R's! FFS, here we go again!!!

I have the 197 coilys for the 200! :)

Mondeo TDCI 130
They are!!

Edit, he should get a job testing suspension and exhausts tbh! NO, its to loud, to hard, to bouncy, doesnt fit, creaks, looks w**k etc etc etc.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
If it aint refined its binned tbh ;)

Got some H&R's lined up..................... hopefully. :)

oh, and ask Steve about the kev thing ;)

lol lol lol!!!

Mondeo TDCI 130
Dephaser pulley replaced today, along with another new cambelt! ( kit changed by previous owner 1500 miles ago ), and a new genuine aux belt! Sounds SO much better!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Cheers king!!

I'll take it for a thrash later, the sun has just come out!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Getting a nice collection of bits. Waiting for the boss, already sourced some H&R's. gonna clean em up/ get them refurbished them before fitting i think! Kevs fitted the same wheel to his 200 today, i'm sure he'll fire up some pics in a bit!!

Audi TT 3.2
like that steering wheel! were did you get that from if you dont mind me asking? and how much?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
^ nooooo, not bothering with seats i dont think

Anyway, todays efforts lol. Fitted my million pound gearnob today, old one had seen better days lol

The old,

nov4.jpg

The new £££££!

nov3.jpg

No messing :evil: (Reet b**ch to get off!)

nov2.jpg

Fitted,

nov1-1.jpg

Better lol!!!

Also cleaned up the coilovers,

nov.jpg

Jobs (for kev steve;))left include, possible rebuild/refurb of coilovers before fitting as they are rebuildable (getting some quotes this week) Fit decat , fit susupension, fit steering wheel, then a full PC session over Xmas!!

Last edited: