ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Cup

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Busy busy day today!!!

Few pics before we started, not washed since October lol. Sat on Sportlines, very good set up imo,

Image0042.jpg

Image0041.jpg

Image0040.jpg

Image0039.jpg

More purchases ;)

Bilstien B14 Coilovers came yesterday :) 15% off @ Kam racing, couldnt resist tbh!!

Image0043.jpg

Image0044.jpg

Image0045.jpg

Few after fitting,

Image0046.jpg

Image0047.jpg

Image0048.jpg

Image0049.jpg

Never got any 'after' pics, too dark lol!!!

Anyway, once a quick check to make sure nothing fell off afterfitment, back in for some more jobs

Image0052.jpg

For all the doubters, we trial fitted kev steves MK3 steering wheel, it fits, same splines etc!! Smaller than a standard wheel, and 99% sure the airbag will wire up too (same resistors required as the MK2)

PROOF!!!

Image0051.jpg

Anyway, back to the real reason....

Image0053.jpg

Image0054.jpg

So, lots done toady!!! Big big thanks to Steve at Birchdown for the work done!!!! Done around 10 miles on the B14's, so far. very impressed!! Going to let them settle over the next few weeks, then get them fully set up at Tweeks.

Gaz

Last edited:
  Never above 25mpg
Might look into getting a 197 wheel with cruise control now...

Love that sabelt though :)

Sits at a lovely height too! Shall be keeping an eye on this :)

120d M Sport
Little details like the brand new OEM gearknob and the Renaultsport mats really freshen it up. What do you make of the Bilsteins?

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Didn't you get this to save some cash? ;)

Is that 200 steering wheel alot smaller than the 172/182 effort?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I want to know now if the airbag would wire up and work now! want!

Mondeo TDCI 130
Regarding the wheel, we just tried my old one as it was off! It locates on the splines fine etc!

As you can probably see we fitted a phase one indicator / light stalk due to loosing the horn button, had to swap the indictor cancel over but was a doddle.

May need a bit of fiddling with the trims to make sure it doesn't catch, but we didn't go down that road!

As for the airbag i can't see why it won't just plug in and play, but that is just an opinion, so don't blame me if it goes pop! lol.

Bilsteins look very good quality, easy peasy to fit, even though he should have shown you the first time we dropped it on the floor!:cool: Raised it 25MM since lol!

Went for a quick spin in it last thing, they fell good tbh, not over hard, and i was expecting them to be very firm if i am honest!!

Also super delivery times from KAM racing! :approve:

It's looking good, goes well also!, feels so brutal compared to the 200 lol!:eek:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Little details like the brand new OEM gearknob and the Renaultsport mats really freshen it up. What do you make of the Bilsteins?

Bilsteins are very good!!! Firm, but controlled, very impressed so far. Need to pick up the front another 10mm i feel, so will get on the case next weekend, not a big job.

Didn't you get this to save some cash? ;)

Is that 200 steering wheel alot smaller than the 172/182 effort?

Indeed lol, this is pretty much it now tbh, wheel refurb come Easter time, but other than that, meh. Even though steve is conviced i'll get some seats........ lol!

TTRS & V50
Very very nice. Any pics with said coilovers on, they look mint.

Any news on the H&R, buyer waiting here :eek:

Also is there need to put a nut on the bottom shock bolt ? Or is it for peace of mind..

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Good spot!!!

Some fuccker in a previous life cross threaded the original bolt thats welded to the beam. So we had to mod it lol. All safe as houses though.

No pics yet, as the gf has the car toady, i have her 106 gti. Thought i'd better wash it, as not been done since August!!!

Golf GT TDI
looking forward to seeing this next time iam up, really like the height on the sportlines

what are they like fitted? not to bouncy or anything?

Golf GT TDI
It was a very good setup tbh pal, he just wanted a bit lower! Rode very well.

might get you to fit them when iam up next, got to get a set first.

how much did the sportlines lower it by because on the box it says 50mm but that is not 50mm is it?

SchwepTek™
Only just seen this! Any more updates with coilies fitted?

Looks awesome and i loved your last one too.

Top work!

RS Clio 172 Cup
Exellent read. Just got a Cup aswell, and needs some attention to bring it back to its best. Gives me some willpower to get mine in tip top conditions.

Good work. keep it up

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Only just seen this! Any more updates with coilies fitted?

Looks awesome and i loved your last one too.

Top work!

Not yet, coilovers on, mint tbh!! Needs a good PC, but sack that in this weather! I may have a idea with the seats, but not 100% sure yet ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Few small purchases

First off bought a set of used (abused ;))front calipers off here. With wanting to do a reasonably good job, and not wanting the car off the road, decided another set was ideal..... i can do them at my own pace without rushing :)

Image0096-Copy.jpg

Image0099.jpg

Image0098.jpg

So they needed a good clean/prep before paint. Reading 400bhp.com's thread

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=437863&highlight=electrolysis&page=7

saw he used electrolysis to clean up his hubs/brakes etc. Thought i'd give it a bash. So, off the Tesco's for some Soda Crystals, threw them in a bucket of water, strapped up a ebay special battery charger to an old battery (cheers kev), then the part to be cleaned to the (-)'ve and a pice of tin to the positive (making sure they dont touch lol!!)

lol

Image0100.jpg

6 hrs later, quick wire brush down, before and after,

Image0107-Copy.jpg

Image0108-Copy.jpg

Image0109-Copy.jpg

Happy with that, gives a good surface for the primer with little effort tbh! Just doing the other bits over the next week........

Another purchace from here came last week,

Non RS lowers, note the poor casting finish :( My old Cup had a set of the RS inlets, which did seemed to be better finished. I've yet to check what my current cup runs.....

Image0112.jpg

Image0113.jpg

Image0114.jpg

Uppers, not as bad

Image0115.jpg

Going to get these matched over the next few weeks

Gaz :approve:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Mint! They are firmer than the H&R's i've had before...... bit jiggly round town, but open the taps on a good A/B road and they come into their own. Good job i live in the sticks

Gaz.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
When you say a bit jigly round town lol, is it a jumpy ride at low speeds? Only want to know as I wanna order a set!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Can be a bit tbf, but the roads are truly shocking round here!!!

Anyway, decided need to sort out the seats. Was going to stay o.e but its pissing me off how high you sit :(