ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Cup

Alien Green 200
Yo!

Got my whip back at the beginning of December and after paying the money back I borrowed for it can finally start modding it.

My history is as follows, Saxo 1.1 followed by a Posi VT and a Polar White VTS.

VTR
P1000426.jpg

VTS
P1040995.jpg

After my S failed its test spectacularly I decided to look at getting another car that would last me a few years and stumbled upon the Cup :)

71k, 3 previous owners, looked in pretty good nick up for £2300. So I bought it. Didn't have any history, however after checking the previous MOT's it seems like the first and second owners kept well on top of replacing bits and bobs so I had no worries, also the 3rd owner only had it for 2 weeks, took it to Scotland for his wife then brought it back down here to trade for a Focus!

SO. After that intro here she is!

As I picked her up:
trader.jpg

In the snow:
P1050597.jpg

P1050599.jpg

P1050600.jpg

P1050601.jpg

Sunrise at Filey:
P1050618.jpg

P1050619.jpg

P1050616-1.jpg

Cleaned her yesterday, Megs Gold Class wash and Megs Clay Bar. Needs a machine polish booked in for before The Fast Show with my mate to get it done.
P1050628.jpg

P1050627.jpg

P1050626.jpg

P1050625.jpg

P1050624.jpg

Right.
Currrent mods are a cone filter and an unknown make of exhaust. And I've fitted Powerflex dogbone bushes today which feel great!

Next steps for her are getting the belts and dephaser done my Mick @ Diamond Motors on Thursday, re-taxing and re-insuring then start to work my way through the list below!

Future plans are (short term):
Piper stealth system from Dan at 519
Eibach Sportlines
New rear shocks
Brembo HC discs and carbon lorraine rc6 pads
New filter of some sort
Whiteline rARB
head unit

(long term)
Billie b14 or spax coilies
polybush the rest of it
new engine mounts
decat
new tyres all round
new door speakers

Overall I'm really happy with it, such a difference from the Saxo's!

172 Cup
Nice cup matey, some good plans there too. I made the step to a cup after owning a couple of saxo's (the last was a vts) and it is a great step up imo.

Alien Green 200
Nice cup matey, some good plans there too. I made the step to a cup after owning a couple of saxo's (the last was a vts) and it is a great step up imo.

Yeah man, it's a geat car :)

Splitter as well?

Haha yes Jim, forgot to write that down. Got a skoda splitter on the way ordered it last night, going for a CF one in the summer :) Need another washer blank too. It'll get done in time.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Sweet mate, if you are planning new shocks and sportlines would you not be better off going straight down the coilover route.?

Alien Green 200
Probably be better doing that but I want to get it dropped before TFS and cant afford 800 quid for a set of coilies before the end of next month cos its in for belts/dephaser tomorrow.

The sportlines/standard shocks combo seem to have an ok rep for the price anyway. My front shocks are fine and I'm getting another set of rears this week for 25 quid.

Alien Green 200
Been down to see Mick at Diamond Motors today for belts and dephaser doing. What can I say that hasn't been said about him before, top top bloke!

Turns out my timing was slightly out, the old belt was overtightened and one of the idlers had split so got it done just in time!

Aaanyway, was there about 4 hours had a good chat and got a new set of spark plugs stuck in too as mine were badly eroded. Runs like a dream now well happy with it.

Broken Idler :eek:

IMAG0152.jpg

Next job will be replacing upper engine mount with a Vibratechnics one as we found out mine doesn't do a lot currently haha. And then new discs and pads all round.

Alien Green 200
Iyerr,

just bought a set of sportlines and a vibra technics upper mount which should arrive this week and be fitted asap!

Its had a new(ish) n/s rear shock in the last week or so and feels so much better for it much more stable in the bends.

Also in for a machine polish tomorrow to get all the scratches/swirls out topped off by a couple of layers of wax, should be just about ready for TFS then!

Alien Green 200
Sup.

Vibra upper mount has turned up and will be fitted in the morning before the engine falls out (lololol)
Sportlines are MIA shouldve been delivered last week but seem to have vanished, have kamracing on the case.

And got it detailed on saturday!
Rinsed, snowfoamed, shampoo'd, rinsed, wheels done, clayed, iron-x'd the s**t out of it, snowfoamed & shampoo'd again, dried, fine cut polish, finishing polish, waxed. Brought a massive depth to the paint that wasn't there before and brought a lot of the scratches out, the laquer still has some micro scratches but nowhere near as bad as before. Will be getting properly machine polished when my mate gets more experience using it (first time using it on my car) and a paint depth gauge.

No before pics but it was filthy.

Iron-x'd turini AFTER washing it:
IMAG0164.jpg

Double snowfoam all the way:
IMAG0169.jpg

Mike doing his thing:
IMAG0170.jpg

Get some shots of it when i get home today.

Alien Green 200
Finally got round to fitting my vibra upper engine mount, feels like being sat in a 2 litre vibrator, i like it.

IMAG0186.jpg

Alien Green 200
Cheers bro. Reduces engine movement a lot, old one was knackered and knocking anyway thought I'd try it out. Feels more responsive and solid at the front end now really happy with it!

Peugeot 308
I had both vibratechnics + powerflex dogbone fitted on my old ph1, definately one of my favourite mods!

Worth noting though, I fitted a new standard gearbox mount at the same time, 6 months later it was dead. Definetly get them all done IMO.

Alien Green 200
I had both vibratechnics + powerflex dogbone fitted on my old ph1, definately one of my favourite mods!

Worth noting though, I fitted a new standard gearbox mount at the same time, 6 months later it was dead. Definetly get them all done IMO.

Aye done my dogbone last month, I'll bear that in mind about the gbox mount and keep an eye on it :)

Have you got anymore vibration in the cab with that mount fitted?

Yeah theres some more vibration on idle but once moving its fine.

can't wait to get paid tomorrow, fill it up and go for a play

Alien Green 200
Vid will be up this evening, vibrations have reduced since yesterday now its worn in a little can just feel them through the floor and the wheel mainly now, no extra rattles tbh. I'll get it done anyway :)

Alien Green 200
Tried getting a video of the vibrations but cant tell at all, basically ive got slight vibrations through steering wheel and through the floor. The vibrations on my vts with powerflex lower mount were worse!

TFS prep has started today, was gonna get the inside and clean it all but my sportlines arrived instead so ive fitted them. my insane ride height at the front problem has been solved and the root cause has been identified as it having the wrong spring fitted last year when one snapped, can see the difference in the pic, cup spring on the right, incorrect spring on the left. mssive difference! :eek:

IMAG0192.jpg

Alien Green 200
Been a while, progress has been made, photos will be sourced later on.

Vibra gearbox mount has been fitted as my standard got chewed up.

MOT has been failed twice.

New track rod end and brake pipes have been fitted.

Whiteline rear arb has been fitted.

Hankook V12's fitted on front.

Custom Yozza Race cat-back has been purchased and it sitting on my floor ready for fitting on Friday.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Nice vest! That reg doesn't half look familiar and that sticker on the rear qtr. Did I see you driving back towards Leeds way at about 7.30 on the M62 by Bury?!

Alien Green 200
You rolling gangsta with no MOT?

Seen you a few times around Selby recently.

Yeah I'm being a badman jim. getting it retested on monday though.

Nice vest! That reg doesn't half look familiar and that sticker on the rear qtr. Did I see you driving back towards Leeds way at about 7.30 on the M62 by Bury?!

Will have been about that time yeah man :) went to Leigh to pick up the Yozza off ROB91 will hve been on my way home!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
No way! What are the odds! I was on t'other side. Car did look lowered. I've got Eibachs on mine and I really recommend them, could do with dropping the rear a tad more but well better than those Apex I had on my ph1.
How's the Whiteline? I'm really really tempted to get one next. Does it sharpen up the steering response?

Alien Green 200
Thats mental hahah, I spent all the way ther cruising at 50-60 looking for RS's and didnt see one. Then yo spyed me on the way home crazy dude.

I do love the feel of the sportlines tbh, better than mismatched springs that were on it before.

The arb is the single greatest thing I have done to improve the car. Its pin sharp now can steer it on the throttle a lot more the rear end is tightened up massively. Increased roundabout termianl velocity by about 6mph. Get one, you wont look backk!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Thats mental hahah, I spent all the way ther cruising at 50-60 looking for RS's and didnt see one. Then yo spyed me on the way home crazy dude.

I do love the feel of the sportlines tbh, better than mismatched springs that were on it before.

The arb is the single greatest thing I have done to improve the car. Its pin sharp now can steer it on the throttle a lot more the rear end is tightened up massively. Increased roundabout termianl velocity by about 6mph. Get one, you wont look backk!

Sold! Gonna put my RS Tuner up for sale ASAP then to fund! Interested? ;)

Alien Green 200
Sold! Gonna put my RS Tuner up for sale ASAP then to fund! Interested? ;)

Mother fucker. Hell YES! (price dependant, terms and conditions apply)

PM me man, I'm off to sleep now been up since half 6 in the morning, I'll reply tomorrow.

Alien Green 200
Pitchers:

Whiteline
IMAG0265.jpg

Gbox mount
IMAG0311.jpg

Meet:
clio2.jpg

clio1.jpg

Yozza
IMAG0335.jpg

Tasty tasty. In desperate need of a clean but I've left half my cleaning gear at my mums when I moved out last week so shall be returning home at some point to retrieve them.

Yozza getting fitted tomorrow along with bleeding the brakes, again, MOT getting rebooked for Monday afternoon then should all be happy days.

Due an oil change in a couple of months so will be heading back down to Diamond Motors for that along with coolant change and gbox fluid change.

Until then my next move will probably to find a cheap MOMO team 300mm steery wheel to replace the bus driver wheel and more pressing is the need for new discs and pads all round, Brembo HC & ds2500 on front, genuine renault on the back. sawted. Buckets are also on the agenda in the near future as are powerflex front arb bushes.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Looking good mate. That yozza is gonna be silly loud, you know that though?
When u up this way? Looks like a little meet at the selby fork hotel?

Alien Green 200
The yozza is ridiculous loud, but i love it. Gonna have to get a baffle for the tip to quieten it down a bit.

aye was a couple of weeks ago, went to squires but was busy as f**k

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Just read this project thread. It's coming along nicely isn't it. I want to change the engine mounts on mine along with an ARB. I just can't afford it. I bet it sounds great now with the yozza. Any pops and bangs?

Alien Green 200
Cheers man it's all going pretty sweetly :)

I love the sound of it, had a few small ones nothing like my old piper full system & 4-1 mani on my saxo, that banged like a motherbitch, big flames out the back too. good fun :D

Next job will probably be OMP Trecento wheel end of this month with quick release boss. Followed by new brakes all round, minor service and new mani to cat joint all in August need to get booked in at Diamond Motors for that lot.

Does need paint correcting at some point and a couple of dings taken out.

I actually cleaned it the other day for the first time since TFS, came up well :)

Alien Green 200
Had a massive bang from the Yozza the other day, sounded sweeeeeet.

Cat manifold gasket is blowing when cold now so that needs sorting

HOWEVER.

Little package arrived from YB Racing this morning, so I went ahead and fitted it.

From this:
20120625_110416.jpg

To this:
20120625_113451.jpg

OMP Trecento 300mm.

New rear brakes have also turned up (Mintex discs/pads) just awaiting new front discs and pads (Brembo HC and DS2500) should get them fitted Friday if they turn up in time for the drive out on Sat.

Alien Green 200
All my brakes have arrived but havent had the time to fit them, got in on the group buy for sprayed bullets from spray shack which are awesome and just stuck them on now :)

20120801_151135.jpg

need to clean it but its s**t weather so it will wait