ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Log - Ph1 Flame Red 172

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
i cant believe you took the CS sticker off! :(

I found that sticker when i was moving out... must of been about 3 years old (i havent had cs stickers on my car for a long time) and it was only on 5 mins :(

but... she looks amazing! well done babes, looking forward to more progress

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Sorry! Just wasnt where I wanted it! If you'd oput it right down in the corner of the black bit of the window I would hvae left it!

More progress today but very very boring one, bought a new rear wiper!

Burgandy 174 sport t
DSCF0112.jpg

looks cleaner imo oh and so u can see what the ph2 lights could look like (GET EM ON!!!)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers Iain, Im gonna keep looking for the ph2 lights, not many about at the moment for sensible money.

Yeah does look better without a sticker tbh

Lots of Alfas
I tried ph2 lights on mine and tbh it didnt look right, so I swapped back to ph1s but got clever with the wiring so the bottom lights light up instead of the tops.

Golf R
Looks great - i thought that FM had only just got it though ??

yeah i hadnt had it long... changed my mind about my next car though so ended up selling much sooner than i originally thought.

glad the car's stayed in the club and has gone to a good home though :approve:

Golf R
Cheers guys, yeah gotta admit Mark that this is the first car Ive had where im not itching to lower it! May just get some pros for it but it handles like a dream just now. Got plenty of time to think about it, not rushing things this time!

don't lower it, you know my views on how great it handles! ;)

Golf R
IMG_0424.jpg

engine bay looks better for a bit of a scrub... i never got round to it but looks like it won't be long til it looks as shiny in more ways than one as the bodywork :)

Bumblebee
i'm keepin the phase 1's on my black 172. Look right imo, need a pc tho.

I'm putting pro-lines on mine, lower about 10mm but slightly firmer.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah Prolines are an option, will wait and see what you think of yours John.

i know what you mean about he rear lights Gareth but at the same time a more modern look might be good, will wait on Daves photos! And yeah it handles very very well!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
er, na still waiting on the plates!

Went for a blast down some back roads back from Edinburgh tonight with Djw Dave in the passenger seat, one word describes it...............WEAPON!!!!

I have honestly never driven such a complete package, my old 1.4 handled superbly, my old 172 went quickly in a straight line as does my Marea and a 820 turbo I used to drive but this just does everything extremely well, had so much fun!!

Golf R
I have honestly never driven such a complete package, my old 1.4 handled superbly, my old 172 went quickly in a straight line as does my Marea and a 820 turbo I used to drive but this just does everything extremely well, had so much fun!!

told you ;)

glad you're enjoying it :approve:

Rb 182
er, na still waiting on the plates!

Went for a blast down some back roads back from Edinburgh tonight with Djw Dave in the passenger seat, one word describes it...............WEAPON!!!!

Twas good. Although my finger hurt after holding onto the J/c handle for dear life.

Was funny at that roundabout with my

'Were going to hit that!' and quickly reaching for the J/c handle!

Ha ha ha

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Look like youve got an excellent example there! liking all your plans, same as mine so far. Although I disagree on the French plates!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
think i need to get 15" wheels for mine because im still not having as much fun as i used to have in my coilovered car on 15s!!! ill give them a go on monday!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Ah, yeah thats evidence of me f**king up :(

First go of a PC polisher on my own, managed to hologram the bonnet, didnt even realise till the sun came out today, bit gutted but Im sure it'll come out. It better!!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
looks very nice,

keep it as standard as poss mate, leave the rear lights, your spending money for the sake of it imo....

looks better de-stickered, now loose the security stickers, the airbag stickers...etc etc

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers mate

The security stickers and airbag stickers etc are in the ashtray, have been for a week now!

Yeah ph1 lights have grown on me a lot. Silvervisions and clear side repeaters will do for me just now

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
i still don't have silvervisions or clear side repeaters, i still have the original HU too...nowt has changed so far. only the exhaust and that was more a case of having to be...thats a stealth though

i am suprised it has stayed like this after the nack i had with the valver,

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Ive still got the original hu as well atm but not for ever, just trying to decide what to get to replace it.

Its stayed standard longer than any other car Ive had, and Ive had a few!!

Bumblebee
really like it son, looks superb. You shouldnt have too many issues i would have thought...

I painted the calipers on mine today Matt Black

Octavia VRS
looks very nice,

keep it as standard as poss mate, leave the rear lights, your spending money for the sake of it imo....

looks better de-stickered, now loose the security stickers, the airbag stickers...etc etc

this boy speaks the truth. Looks mint as is imo