ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project pearl black

TT QS
The 7200 one is with Adrian flux. :(

my area is quite but there's a few with money so I think there's been a couple of car thefts which might affect it.

And I've all ready tried what you said dan, makes barely any difference. If it stays at 2500 I'm more than happy :)

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

3 party with a shed load of mods is 600. I am 22 now but even when I was 18 it was 1100 lol

Have you tried elephant? They seem to be quite reasonable.

20, 1.6, a few mods - £1600ish.

Saying that, recently found out I could insure a Fiesta ST for less money and for £1700 I could insure a 182 :3

Turn 21 in April so hopefully it'll be even cheaper!

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
lovely! Reminds me of my old 1.2 that had the same theme, then went all black details & subtle. Miss it, want it back!

Great little car you have there

Ph2 Meg 225

Saying that, recently found out I could insure a Fiesta ST for less money and for £1700 I could insure a 182 :3

Tried them and got refused due to age :(

Get a 182 any day ;)

Last edited:
  TT QS

Since I'm 22 and old it's like 1100 for TT 225s (my first love and probs next car tbh) Meganes etc. closer to the grave but great for cars lol

Ph2 Meg 225
What do you use when you clean your car! Its so shineyy!! :(

Various products, its getting a good clean on Saturday as there's some bits I want to polish. I use the following though for cleaning.
Halfords lambs wool mitt with turtle wax wash and wax
prima slick (which is quick detailer)
af revive on plastics.
Megs tyre gel

To get it like that though the usual wash method
clay
autoglym srp and negs ultimate compound with foam pads
Scratch x on worse parts.
Cheap wax which I a night mare to remove
prima epic liquid wax as a little topper
megs tyre gel
af revive
af crystal as well on glass when I get it :)

more pics when clean Saturday. Also the sills will be getting painted
nothing else as I can't afford insurance as is so no mods for Abit :(

R

rhys davies

looking nice mate what colour did you use on the wheels and also what yellow is that :)

R

rhys davies

Nice one mate what wheels you got on.that clio you got in your picture

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
your insurance is horrendous :( ive just turned 19 have a 1.6 and pay 1200

RS 182
I cant get my head round the above insurance quotes for you guys.. I mean, seriously?!

I was like £400 for my 1.2 clio when i was 17yrs old, just passed my test.
Now i'm 21, i insure my 182 on my own policy for like £580 or something, and i think thats expensive!!

i can insure a mk5 r32 for aroung £900, true story..

clio mk2 1.2 16v
Did you ever get insured? those quotes are ridiculous man, mine was 1900 for the first year with lowered, different alloys and exhaust declared. That's with third party extension as well. After one year it dropped to 1100 which is still ridiculous.

Arctic 182FF
It might be worth taking the lowering springs off and insuring it as no mods. my insurance last year was £2660 which is still loads but it's a lot better than what you've been looking at. That was with insurethebox which is possibly the worst insurance company ever, you only get 6000 miles a year and I had an excess of £1300 so it was never worth claiming unless i wrote off someone else's car. You might just have to go for something like this just for a year.

Ph2 Meg 225
It might be worth taking the lowering springs off and insuring it as no mods. my insurance last year was £2660 which is still loads but it's a lot better than what you've been looking at. That was with insurethebox which is possibly the worst insurance company ever, you only get 6000 miles a year and I had an excess of £1300 so it was never worth claiming unless i wrote off someone else's car. You might just have to go for something like this just for a year.

Ive done quote with and without and when the springs are took off its only 50-100 quid cheaper which is pointless as it wouldn't make much difference to the price. ;)

ive looked into the insure the box and other companies, I know I wouldn't be able to have one for various reasons :(

Clio Dynamique 1.2
Just read this all the way through, a real inspiration. I have the same car as you (I put a thread up the other day) but haven't done anything yet but you've given me some great ideas! Keep up the good work. I much prefer reading the threads on 1.2s because there isn't really anything you can do to a Sport to improve it so I don't enjoy reading them but this was a top read mate :)

Ph2 Meg 225
Just read this all the way through, a real inspiration. I have the same car as you (I put a thread up the other day) but haven't done anything yet but you've given me some great ideas! Keep up the good work. I much prefer reading the threads on 1.2s because there isn't really anything you can do to a Sport to improve it so I don't enjoy reading them but this was a top read mate :)

thankyou! :) some new wheels and spoiler within the next year and I'm finished I think! Ill take a look now at your thread. Apart from get a nice stance there isn't anything at all to be done to a sport :(

Ph2 Meg 225
A few things been done since last update being 2x nankang tyres fitted to the front as the previous had detiriated and gone flat! Costing 100
also I've had 16mm hubcentric spacers fitted all round with longer bolts from jakey92.
the car is also going in for a new wishbone Friday

Unfortunately no before and afters as I got the garage to fit them
image-108.jpg

image-110.jpg

image-113.jpg

image-112.jpg

image-115.jpg

My favourites
image-111.jpg

image-109.jpg

Im happy with how it sits now all that I'm wanting to do now is the following:
cc door handles (anyone got any)
new number plate light as the current is horrible (ordering this week)
have the rear quarter machine polished as its dull from what looks like a budget spray?
spray 2 wheels again as the paint has cracked god knows why!

in due time a cup spoiler aswell :p

Arctic 182FF
Glad you got insurance sorted mate! Car looks awesome but for God's sake get some silvervisions now!!! haha

Ph2 Meg 225
Glad you got insurance sorted mate! Car looks awesome but for God's sake get some silvervisions now!!! haha

Thanks! Just got my driving review through and says I just need to watch my speed and acceleration so not bad! (Based on a lot of handbrake turns in snow, and hitting limiter in 1st and second sometimes ;) )

ill get round to it eventually hahaha

Ph2 Meg 225
Couple of things done since last time
-new numberplate lens and led bulb
-colour coded spoiler
-better condition rear sport bumper
-painted wiper blank
-new wishbone, anti roll bars, handbrake tightened

image-123.jpg

image-124.jpg

image-133.jpg

image-125.jpg

i have ordered
-a clio sport URL sticker as I want to de clutter the rear window,
-a renault f1 sticker to replace the clio badge on the rear
-some yellow fog tint to replace mine as it has started bubbling
-Citroen mist washer jets

sadly some low life has nicked my stubby aerial :(

Ph2 Meg 225
The car has had a good clean again today along with the following:

clio badge painted black
image-135.jpg

rear diamond painted black
image-136.jpg

All rear window stickers removed and replaced with cliosport URL under brake light
image-137.jpg

colour coded door handles
image-134.jpg

also a renault f1 sticker on the bonnet from ady but no pics
image-138.jpg

to do: headlight refurb on drivers side,
different wheels
Lower more
Aftermarket exhaust.

c+c welcome

2004 Clio Dynamique
Hey man, your thread is awesome and giving me tons of inspiration! I have a Clio sat waiting for me on my drive, but my stupid overly pedantic examiner denied me it a couple weeks ago because I pulled out too soon on a roundabout (some serious bullshit IMO, and my insturctor agrees it was way too harsh but still, just gotta hope I get it right this time!) so I'll get my second chance in a couple days. Then a lovely little 2004 Red Clio Dynamique is mine to do what ever I wish with it!

Keep up the good work!

Ph2 Meg 225
Big update!

Got some 172 wheels from Jordanb29! A 140 mile round trip and they were on!

image-143.jpg

image-140.jpg

I also fitted some led sidelights and led boot light and glove compartment light but I'm having trouble with the car not knowing when the boot is open but anyway:

photo1-2.jpg

image-146.jpg

The brake drums have been painted along with the calipers black again as they were faded and the inner wheels cleaned using wonder wheels hot wheels

photo4-1.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo2-2.jpg

I also added a few items to my cleaning collection including a waxybox when it arrives and these

image-145.jpg

and a few photos of the car!

image-142.jpg

image-141.jpg

image-150.jpg

image-149.jpg

image-144.jpg

image-147.jpg

Next priority is get the colour coded inserts on the front re done as they cracked :(

c+c welcome