ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Sunflower

Chocolate Bar™
poorboys trim gel, bloody awesome stuff, but you need to leave it for days to dry off or it sprays up the side of your car

Chocolate Bar™
They're hillpower ones, you can buy them offline, only about 20 pounds. Mine will be for sale soon as i've got myself some solid top mounts to replace them with

Black Gold with cup packs
Phoned the guy, The times it has been on Ebay apparantley it has never met it's reserve (£3250) hense the reson the car hasn't sold, the exhaust looks a bit to be desired, the owner claims the car is running at 187bhp?
And The car has full service history according to the owner, all Renault history until 56k and then independent garages later, cam and aux belt has been done, and it is again owners word HPI clear!

Chocolate Bar™
must be something not quite right with it, 187 bhp? sounds a bit exessive to me. Looks well in the pics but i know its had a lot of pretty gash mods in the past that may have been removed badly damaging body work etc. Worth a punt for the right price though!

340i

that things on ebay every week, must be something not quite right with it

Must be CAT C/D or something.

Phoned the guy, The times it has been on Ebay apparantley it has never met it's reserve (£3250) hense the reson the car hasn't sold, the exhaust looks a bit to be desired, the owner claims the car is running at 187bhp?
And The car has full service history according to the owner, all Renault history until 56k and then independent garages later, cam and aux belt has been done, and it is again owners word HPI clear!

I know the guy that used to own this car (he was a college lecturer, for body shop work)
its was absolutely immaculate when he owned it!!! and was rather quick.. but i doubt its anywhere near 187BHP :eek:

Ive seen the new owner around a few times, lives local.. but not up close to see the car still looks pretty cleaned/looked after.

Chocolate Bar™
well not updated this in a while. main things to go in just before FCS were the seats and finally fitted my spacers which make a massive difference. was fairly happy with the way the car looked at FCS:

P1020318-1.jpg

DSC00740.jpg

DSC00722.jpg

DSC00720.jpg

but as with everything i wasnt satisfied so decided to remove the rear seats, so from this:

DSC00716.jpg

to this, with a convenient piece of carpet dropped in so the dog didn't hurt himself on any of the sharp edges. so decided to clad it to match the konig's

SNC10402.jpg

made a rough template of the boot and decided to get cracking. cut it out with the jigsaw leaving me this. then sanded and planed the edges to get them a bit smoother.

SNC10405.jpg

then used some rather funky smelling spray glue to attach some 1'' thick foam.

SNC10407.jpg

which left me with this little mess.

SNC10408.jpg

SNC10409.jpg

then cut the excess away with a carving knife and threw some synthetic leather over the top. i'm no upholsterer so you will have to forgive my rather poor attempt :dapprove:

SNC10411.jpg

the boot section is unable to move due to its shape, whereas i thought the front piece under hard braking may slide forward. so used some L brackets tucked into the original holes, and screwed to the underside. not sure how long this solution will last, as i personally think its a bit pikey but nevermind lol

SNC10412.jpg

SNC10413.jpg

SNC10414.jpg

all in all i'm rather pleased tbh. next week when i get back from my holidays got to go to birchdown auto services to collect and fit the bargain k-tec show cage i got off the ebay which will hopefully tie it all together a bit more and make it look less like a van.

Never above 25mpg
That looks awesome :D IF I had the dollar I'd offer you for the rear seats:p

Top job though :D

Oh, and I'd love to get bits of my engine as chrome looking as that :O

ATS CUP'd Dynamique
very nice mark, ( did you get my PM BTW)

should look stunning with a cage :D, are you gonna stay with standard belts or use harnesses ?

Chocolate Bar™
yeah got your PM :)

going to use the standard seatbelts and initially keep the cage polished as i think it'll go with the black base.

Chocolate Bar™
That looks ace Mark, Do you have any pics of how you fit it down to the floor?

how do you mean fit it to the floor? back (boot) section is just dropped in. front (seat) section has two L brackets screwed to the bottom of it, which locate into the original holes in the rear passenger footwells.

VRS
looks good marcus :approve:

although im sure i just read 'show cage' tut tut

get a proper one in there you know you want to ;)

Chocolate Bar™
speaks he with neither ;)

looked at the omp ones, but its not that sort of car so show cage should do. cant complain with the price of it either :approve:

VRS
lol :rasp:

should look good when its done fella

i spotted a bargain safety devices one a few weeks back but i cant spend any more on the car, i might even take the misanos out soon as well as a few other bits to put some cash towards my house fund

VRS
lol the maxogen will be the last to go :rasp:

top marques on the rear flooring though, looks good :D has the foam helped keep the road/exhaust noise down as well? i know when i had my back seats out the exhaust made a right racket lol

Chocolate Bar™
noise from the yozza was fairly mental when it was stripped. its not as good as when the seats were in, but better in a way as instead of being a drone you can actually hear it popping and banging.