ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PSN?!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
There must be someway of stopping it from happening like this again though.

XBL has never been hacked on this scale (i.e to the point where they have had to completely shut it down).

I very rarely use PSN so i'm not really missing it, but it is nice to know it's there if I want to play online.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Not sure if it was a hack or anything, read something on Twitter about it.

Bus w**ker
Yeah XBL went down for 13 days 2007/08, although it wasn't completely down like PSN has been users just struggled to connect and stay connected. Don't think it was due to a hack.

dk

911 GTS Cab
It is a bit OTT you're right but I didn't want to take any risks, I've had my card done before and there are plenty of horror stories out there.
As far as the XBL thing goes, over a period of time PSN/3 has become far less superior and this is the final nail for me.

I've had my card details used online before for around £1000 and I just phoned the bank, they sent me a form, I filled it in and a few days later it had disappeared from the bill, as long as you are with a decent provider, it shouldn't really be an issue.

I bet the credit card companies are going to be closely monitoring any large or abnormal psn transactions it's up. My bank text me when my card is used outside of the UK so I would get to know pretty quickly.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
That's not the point, they're a multi billion company with hundreds maybe thousands of technicians and engineers that are unable to fix something a 19 year old nerd did.

Thing is we don't know, and might never be told, what exactly happened.

Everyone is assuming it's some spotty kid in his bedroom, but all the talk of moving physical kit to more secure locations could mean the breach is a bit more sophisticated than someone tapping away from their bedroom.

Not saying it's not happened like that, but just would be interesting to find out how it was done.

And I agree with DK, card details were encrypted so I wouldn't be worrying about that, might want to change that password though especially if it's used elsewhere :)

As I said before, the RSA hack recently is way more damaging than this yet goes relatively un-noticed.

Rumors are following thru various underground "credit card" trading forums, and on the new #psnhack twitter list that a large section of the PSN database containing complete personal details along with over 2.2million working credit card numbers with the much-needed CVV2 code are being offer up for sale to the highest-bidder, after the "hackers" tried to sell the DB back to Sony for a price, but they of course didn't answer!

Let's hope that isn't true!

Thing is we don't know, and might never be told, what exactly happened.

Everyone is assuming it's some spotty kid in his bedroom, but all the talk of moving physical kit to more secure locations could mean the breach is a bit more sophisticated than someone tapping away from their bedroom.

Not saying it's not happened like that, but just would be interesting to find out how it was done.

And I agree with DK, card details were encrypted so I wouldn't be worrying about that, might want to change that password though especially if it's used elsewhere :)

As I said before, the RSA hack recently is way more damaging than this yet goes relatively un-noticed.

Have to agree, the RSA hack went quite unnoticed and christ knows how many companies use the tokens, I have one beside me at moment so I can access our work systems.

Q: Will our download history/friends list/settings be affected by the PSN downtime?
A: No, they will not.

Q: Will trophies that were earned in single-player offline games during the outage be intact when the service resumes?
A: These trophies are intact and will be re-synched when the network is once again operational.

Q: Will my PS+ cloud saves be retrievable?
A: Yes, once PSN is restored.

Q: What if we have a subscription to PS3 MMOs DC Universe Online or Free Realms? Will we get compensation for that?
A: From Sony Online Entertainment: “We apologize for any inconvenience players may have experienced as a result of the recent service interruption. As a global leader in online gaming, SOE is committed to delivering stable and entertaining games for players of all ages. To thank players for their patience, we will be hosting special events across our game portfolio. We are also working on a “make good” plan for players of the PS3 versions of DC Universe Online and Free Realms. Details will be available soon on the individual game websites and forums.”

Q: Will there be a goodwill gesture for the time we haven’t been able to utilize PSN/Qriocity?
A: We are currently evaluating ways to show appreciation for your extraordinary patience as we work to get these services back online.

Thank you for your continued feedback.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
PSN will be back up next week.

You will be forced to install firmware update and change password. Playstation store will remain offline for now

Monaco 172
PSN will be back up next week.

You will be forced to install firmware update and change password. Playstation store will remain offline for now

I hope that doesnt mean i have to remember my current password cause i've forgotten it lol

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I must admit i'm all for them taking their time and doing it properly, but i'd have thought a company of that magnitude and availible resources to have had this nipped in the bud by now. Disappointing tbh.

Clio 1.2 16v
Even if they came out and said "2pm next Sunday" it'l be ok it's just the lack of information and deadlines thats really annoying