ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pure motorsport top mount package vs whiteline arb

Monaco 172
The reason i ask is my car tends to roll just a little bit too much, ive got ktec coilovers and ive refreshed all the front bushes with original parts which i should probably polybushed but i didnt lol

so my question is which eliminates body roll the best? Pros and cons of both???

172 cup
As above I think your body roll is down the cheap coilovers. However don't get me wrong both the rarb and top mounts are great, but mostly help with a more positive turn, than reducing roll

Monaco 172
Hmmm so maybe i should sell the coils and save the extra little cash and just buy a decent set lol

i was under the impression that they both helped body roll a fair bit :(

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Even cooksports or eibach's would handle better than ktr coilovers. Whats your budget bud?

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The RARB will help.

You could always change the springs rates on the KTR coilovers. Do they have adjustable damping?

Top mounts and strut brace won't help with roll.

172 cup
Hmmm so maybe i should sell the coils and save the extra little cash and just buy a decent set lol

i was under the impression that they both helped body roll a fair bit :(

Thats what I would do. Like Kyle said cup shocks and cooksport springs will handle better and won't cost the earth, or otherwise buy a decent set of coilovers.

Monaco 172
The only problem with the spring option is i like my current ride height so i think it will have to be coils, they dont have damping settings which is a pain but my fault for buying cheap to start with :(

budget wise tho i would probably go to around £500 if i do decide to get better coils.

330i. E30 Touring.
Second hand Bilsteins would be my choice. Awesome for fast road use.

There's a set for sale in the for sale section now.

Clio 200 Silverstone
I have the KTR coilies with the PureMotor sport solid top mounts and brace.... just put my order in for ARB too, but at the minute I like the set up I have, its dropped pretty much on its ar$e. Took it round Donington OP last month and absolutely loved it, barely any roll (this being said by my mate in a 200 cup), I know these coilies really are the boggo spec but I cant complain for what I've paid. The solid top mounts made a big difference to my steering, a lot more feel and I just point and go now... the car just makes me laugh sometimes with how it goes round bends

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Strutbrace will make NO difference to bodyroll and neither is it supposed to do so.

Its designed to keep the strut tops from moving and very slightly altering your steering geometry, but unless you are on very firm suspension and ultra sticky tyres any effect you think you notice even on that front will be placebo as the clio strut tops are fairly positively located anyway.

RARB will offer more roll resistance, but best thing you can do is bin the cheap coilovers IMHO.

Its about 400 quid for new cup shocks, cooksport springs, and new standard top mounts, and a clio with that lot on handles great for anything but very hardcore track use.

182 Cup & DCi 172
I had the Ktec coilovers and didn't rate them at all - changed for a set of good condition second hand H&R coilovers and was superb - I had pure motorsport top mounts & strut brace with this setup and can honestly say it was probably one of the best handling cars I have driven.

I would be tempted to sell on the Ktec coilovers and get a good second hand set of H&R's or Bilsteins.